Problems are not uncommon in the Google Play store. At times you can receive an error message reading “Google Play services has stopped”.
This error can stop you from using the Play store application or downloading new applications on the device.
If Google Play is damaged or corrupted then this error message comes up on the screen. An older version of the Google Play Services application can also cause this problem.
Sometimes, if the Google Play Services is turned off then you may see this error message on the Android device.
Although it’s frustrating, at the same time, it’s relatively easy to solve this problem. So, if you are searching for solutions to this particular problem, then you are in the right place. In this article, you will get know all the possible solutions which will help you to solve the Play Store problem.
Effective Solutions to Fix Google Play Services Has Stopped
In this section, we are going to discuss some easy and useful solutions that you can use to get rid of the situation where Google Play Services keeps stopping on the Android device. So, go through the solutions mentioned below and apply them accordingly.
Solution 1 – Reboot the Device
Sometimes, rebooting the device can resolve the Google play services keeps stopping issue on the device. So, you need to reboot the device. Follow these directions:
- Press and hold the Power button on the device to open the Boot window.
- Tap on the Reboot button to reboot the device.
- It will take a few seconds to open the device. After opening the device, check if the Google Play services work properly without showing any error message.
Solution 2 – Update the Google Play Services Application
If you are using an older version of the Google Play Services application on your Android device, then you may see the Google Play Services has stopped error message. So, you need to update this application. Follow these steps carefully:
- Open the Android device and find the Google Play Service application on the home screen and then tap on it.
- In that window, tap on the three-line menu located at the top left corner. After that, tap on the My Apps button.
- From this section, you will see all the installed apps as well as Uninstall updates.
- In the Uninstall updates section, find the Google Play Service application, tap on it. After that, you will find the Update button, tap on it to start the update process.
Once the update process is complete, restart your Android device and then check if the problem is fixed or not.
Solution 3 – Remove Cache of Google Play Service Application
If you do not remove the cache data from time to time, then you may find the “unfortunately, Google Play Services has stopped” error message on your Android device.
So, you should clear them as soon as possible. To remove, follow these instructions carefully:
- At first, tap on the Settings application.
- When the Settings window opens, scroll down the page until you find the Apps button, tap on it.
- From the Apps section, find the Google Play Services, tap on it.
- In the Google Play Services window, you will see the Storage button, tap on it and then tap on the Clear Cache button to remove them.
- Then you will see the Manage Space button, tap on it and then select the Clear all Data button to remove all the data.
After doing this, you can also remove the Cache data from the Google Play Store application. To do that follow these steps:
- Launch the Settings application from the Homescreen.
- In the Settings window, tap on Apps and then locate the Google Play Store application, tap on it.
- From the Google Play Store window, locate the Storage, tap on it and then tap on the Clear Cache button. After that, tap on the Clear Data button to remove them.
Once you have removed the cache from the device, reboot the device and then use the Google Play Services.
Solution 4 – Turn On Google Play Services
The latest version of the Android devices does not let you delete the Google Play services completely.
So, by any chance, if you have turned this service Off, you will find the Play Store and other apps stop working. So, you need to turn on the Google Play Services on the device. Go through these steps:
- Tap on the Settings icon to open the Settings window.
- When the Settings window opens, go to the Apps and find Google Play Services, tap on it.
- After that, you will see the Enable button, tap on it to turn on the service. After doing this check if the error message still persists or not.
Solution 5 – Uninstall Google Play Services and Install It Again
A corrupted or damaged Google Play Services can cause this error message on the device. So, you should remove this and install it again. To reinstall it, follow the directions cited below:
- First of all, launch the Settings application.
- In the Settings window, navigate to the Apps menu and then tap on the Google Play Services application.
- From the Google Play Services window, tap on the Uninstall Updates, button to remove this.
After uninstalling this, you need to reinstall it. To do that, follow these steps:
- From the App info window of Google Play Services, locate the Apps details button, tap on it.
- On the Google Play Services app page, tap on the Update option and wait for a few seconds to install the latest version of the Google Play Services.
Solution 6 – Wipe Device Cache
An alternative solution that we have shared to fix the Google Play Services has stopped error message on the Android device. To perform this fix, follow these instructions:
- Firstly, press and hold the Power button to switch off the device.
- After switching off the device, press and hold the Power button and Volume Up button together till the device boots up.
- It will open the Recovery mode on the device to wipe the device cache.
- Next, with the help of the Volume buttons, you will tap on the Wipe device cache button to start the process.
Once it is complete, check if the problem is resolved or not.
Solution 7 – Factory Reset
If the above solutions do not help you out, then you should use this solution to get rid of the “Google Play services has stopped” error message on the device. You need to perform a factory reset on the device.
- Firstly, go to the Settings application.
- From the Settings window, locate and tap on the Backup and Reset button.
- Then, you will find the Factory data reset button, tap on it to start the reset process.
- After completing the reset process, check if the error message still arises or not.
These are the solutions that will definitely help you out to eliminate the Google Play Services has stopped error message on the Android device. Follow the methods one by one on your Android device to fix this problem.
After performing these fixes, if the error message still appears, then you need to seek help from a tech expert for better assistance.