The Windows file system error -2147219196 is one of the most annoying error code formats that usually occurs while trying to update the Windows version to a newer one. But basically, the error code -2147219196 is all related to the bug in the Windows photo app that occurs while trying to view the photo with a third-party photo viewer. This error code strikes with an error note that says “error file system -2147219196, Windows can’t open the photo”. Several users’ are experiencing this issue and there isn’t anything they found to fix this error permanently. So, if you are beginning to feel helpless and looking for some effective tricks to eliminate this error, then you have arrived at the right spot. In this context, we will explore all the prime causes and effective solutions to terminate this issue as soon as possible.
Prime Causes for File System Error -2147219196 Occurrence
If you are dealing with file system error -2147219196 on your computer, then there might be several reasons behind this error. This error mainly occurs due to several bugs with the Windows photo app which results in the error -2147219196. Sometimes, the application goes corrupted or out of date, which is another prime suspect for this error code. If your computer is going by the outdated version of Windows, it will result in error code -2147219196 on your computer. Viruses and malware or corrupted Windows registry files are some other prime causes of this issue. However, we will discuss a few effective solutions in the next segment to terminate this issue in no time.
Effective Solutions to Fix the File System Error -2147219196
We have found several effective methods in order to fix file system error -2147219196 in a flicker of time. So, start with the following steps, you can go through either one of these solutions or all the solutions serially until you have the error code fixed.
Method 1: Perform a “chkdsk” Command on your Windows Via Run
Short for Check Disk (chkdsk) is a useful in-built command in Windows that allows the computer to check the File System and the System Hard Drives to detect an issue. This method is useful enough as it helps the error code to detect and recover it automatically. You need to go through the following steps discussed below in order to complete the task:
- Turn the computer on and open the Run Command box by pressing the Windows+R key at the same time on your keyboard.
- After that, type “cmd” into the box and tap the Enter key or simply click on the OK button below to invoke the action.
- Now, on the next screen, locate the Run as Administrator option from the list of search results. Right-click on that to open the action and click on Allow when prompted.
- When a Command Prompt window appears on the next screen, type “chkdsk” into the command pane and tap the Enter key to scan for the affected files.
- When the scan is completed, click on the Repair option from the very bottom of the screen.
- Click on OK and then on Finish when the task is completed successfully.
After performing all the above steps accurately, restart the computer manually as usual and see if the error code exists or not. If the above method doesn’t work or the error code still remains, try another solution below.
Method 2: Perform a Virus Scan for your Computer
The virus is another prime suspect for this error code -2147219196 sometimes stuck with the computer’s internal server. You need to clear all the viruses from the computer to eliminate this error code. Follow the steps discussed below in order to fulfill the task:
- In the first place, switch your computer on and drive to the Windows Search pane by tapping on the Windows key on the left-bottom side of the screen.
- After that, type Security onto the search pane and tap the Enter key to invoke the action.
- On the next screen, click on the Windows defender Settings from the list of search results.
- Click on the Virus & Threat Protection option from the Windows Security tab and wait for the Security Centre screen to appear.
- After that, click on Run a new advanced scan option from the very bottom of the screen and click on Scan Now.
- Now, at last, wait until the scan is completed and click on the Finish button when the scan is completed.
After successfully performing the virus scan, click on the Repair/Delete key to remove all the infected files and threats. Now, restart the computer normally as usual and check if the method works. If the method fails or the error code still exists, try another solution below.
Method 3: Perform a System File Check on Your Windows
System File Check or “sfc” is another useful in-built feature in Windows that allows the computer to scan for the affected files and repair them automatically. Go through the steps below to perform a System file check on your Windows:
- At first, turn on the computer and click on the Windows start button from the left-bottom corner of the screen.
- When the search pane opens, type “cmd” into the search box and tap the enter key or simply click on that to open the action.
- Now, locate the Command Prompt option from the list of search results and click on that to invoke the action.
- You can see the Run as Administrator option on the left side of the screen. Click on that and then, click on Yes when prompted.
- When the Command Prompt box opens on the next screen, type “sfc/scannow” into the box and tap the Enter key or simply click on OK to proceed to the next.
- At last, wait until the task is completed and click on Finish when you are done.
After finishing the above steps accurately, restart the computer manually as usual and see if the error exists or not. If still, you are unhappy with this method or the above method doesn’t work, try another solution below.
Method 4: Repair the Registry Entries Associated with Microsoft Update on your Computer
If the registry files get corrupted or are missing, then it will result in error -2147219196 on your Windows system. You need to restore all the wicked or missing registry entries to drop the Windows update error code -2147219196. Perform the steps mentioned below to succeed in the task:
- Turn on your computer and you can see the Windows Start button at the left-bottom corner of the screen. Click on that button to proceed to the next screen.
- When the Windows search panel opens, type Command in the Search box, and while pressing the Ctrl+Shift key, tap the Enter button.
- After that, click on Yes when a permission dialogue box opens.
- Now, this will open a black box with a blinking cursor on the next window. Type “regedit” in the box and tap the Enter key to proceed to the next.
- Select the Error code-related 0x80073712 from the Registry Editor folder and select the Export option from the File menu.
- Select the folder in the Save list where you want to save Microsoft backup and choose the Selected Branch option.
- On the next page, click on the Save option and then, the file will be saved as “.reg” file extension”.
After completing all the above steps accurately, restart your computer manually and then, you are no longer affected with file system error -2147219196 on your Windows.
We have shared all the effective and suitable solutions in order to eliminate the Windows file system error -2147219196. You can go through either one of these solutions or all of them until you have the error -2147219196 fixed. Hope the above article was beneficial enough to guide you on “how to fix file system error -2147219196?”
In case the error still exists or the above methods don’t work, then there might be some other internal glitches. In that case, strongly you can take an expert’s guidance or professional help to fix error code -2147219196. Lastly, we recommend you share your valuable feedback below in the comment segment to let us know about your experience.