Facebook is one of the most successful social networking media and almost most of the internet users have an account there. Despite being so much popular, it is also not free from random glitches. ‘Facebook won’t load’ is one of those common glitches faced by several users throughout the globe. When this issue occurs, then it might prevent the users to load the home page of Facebook in a proper way which can be quite annoying.
Sometimes it happens that, you sign into the Facebook account without any difficulties and you notice some options such as Home, Sign out, Friend Request as well as the Message button. But when the error occurs, then even if you try to open those options by clicking on them, it does not work. If you face the same issue and tired of finding the most appropriate solutions, then you have arrived at the right place. Here in this article, we are going to provide some amazing tips and tricks which can help you to fix this issue. Hence, you are advised to go through the article without wasting too much time. So, let’s start.
Easy Tips and Tricks to Fix the Facebook won’t Load Error:
There are a lot of ways to fix Facebook won’t load on Chrome issue. You need to have a glance at the solutions given below:
Procedure 1: Check the Recommendation of Facebook
To fix this issue on your Google Chrome browser, you need to perform the steps mentioned below:
- First, open Google Chrome by clicking twice on the Chrome app.
- Then, you have to tap on the Chrome menu by going to the toolbar of the browser.
- Choose the ‘Settings’ option from the list.
- Find the ‘Show advanced settings’ under the Setting Window and tap on it.
- Then, tap on the ‘Content settings’ by going to the ‘Privacy’ section.
- Restart the system to apply the changes correctly.
To fix this issue on your Firefox browser, you need to perform the steps mentioned below:
- First, open Firefox by double-clicking on the Firefox application.
- Then, navigate to the address bar and type ‘about:config.’ Hit the Enter key from the keyboard to proceed further.
- Check the box that prompts ‘I’ll be careful, I promise.’
- Restart the system to save the changes.
To fix this issue on your Internet Explorer browser, you need to perform these steps:
- Open the Internet Explorer by clicking twice on the Internet Explorer icon.
- Then, navigate to the ‘Tools’ menu and choose the ‘Internet Options’ from the list.
- Now, you have to go to the upper right side of the screen. There you will see the Security tab. Click on it.
- Tap on the ‘Internet’ option.
- Next, you need to tap on the ‘Default Level’ option and then tap on the ‘Back’ option.
- Restart the computer to apply the changes in the settings.
After that, you should try to open Facebook to check if it is working properly or not. If you see that the issue still persists, then move on to the next solutions described below.
Procedure 2: Use HTTPS Instead of HTTP
Another common reason behind the ‘Facebook won’t load’ issue is, secure browsing is not available for Facebook. As an example we can say, it is not available for the Facebook Application. If you are using Facebook by setting the browser to secure mode, then it may results in issues when switching back as well as forth between HTTPS and HTTP. To solve such a problem, you need to type HTTPS instead of HTTP while typing Facebook.com. Now, you should perform the steps as follows:
- At first, you have to navigate to the upper right side of Facebook and tap on the ‘Account’ menu. Now, choose the ‘Account Settings’ option.
- Tap on the ‘Change’ button by going to the ‘Account Security’ section.
- Now, you have to untick the ‘Browse Facebook on a secure connection (https) whenever possible’ box.
- Then, tap on the ‘Save’ button. Now, hit the Alt and F4 both at the same time from the keyboard to close the current Window.
- Restart the system to apply the changes.
After that, you have to open the browser again to go to Facebook.com. If you see that the issue is still unresolved, then go to the solutions discussed below.
Procedure 3: Try to Use the Latest Browser
If you are using an outdated version of the browser in a while, then it might be the reason behind the occurrence of ‘Facebook won’t load on chrome’ issue. According to some users, they have fixed the issue by upgrading the browser to its latest version. Hence, remove the old version and try to install the newest version to check if it can fix the issue. But, after installing the latest version, if you still face the same issue, then you should perform the next method.
Procedure 4: Delete Browsing Date
Sometimes, you can also face the ‘Facebook won’t load’ issue due to the Cache, Cookies, and the browsing data of the browser. Hence, you have to remove them from the browser to get rid of the error. There are different methods to perform this in a different browser. Here we are going to discuss the steps to remove the Cache, Cookies, and the browsing data for some common browser. Hence, take a look.
To delete the browsing date from your Google Chrome browser, you should perform the steps as follows:
- At first, you have to open Google Chrome.
- Then, move the cursor to the upper right pane of the screen and tap on the menu icon.
- Scroll down the list and tap on the ‘Tools’ button. Tap on the ‘Clear Browsing Data’ option. After that, you will see a popup showing a list of what you wish to remove from the browser.
- Choose from what point you’d prefer to remove data. This can affect another site that store cache. Hence, it’s better to choose the ‘From the beginning of time’ option and then choose the ‘Delete cookies and other site and plug-in data’ option. After that, you have to tap on the ‘Empty the cache’ option.
- To finish the process you have to tap on the ‘Clear browsing data’ option.
- Then, exit from the current Window and restart the system to save the changes.
To delete the browsing date from the Firefox browser, you should perform the steps as follows:
- First, open the Firefox browser.
- Then, you have to navigate to the upper left side of the browser and tap on the ‘Options’ tab.
- Now, tap on the ‘Advanced’ button and then click on the ‘Network’ option.
- Hit on the ‘Clear Now’ option by going to the ‘Cached Web Content’ section. Then, click on the OK button. Restart the system to apply the changes setting.
To delete the browsing date from your Internet Explorer browser, do the following,
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Navigate to the upper left side of the browser and tap on the ‘Tools’ menu.
- Then, select the ‘Delete Browsing History’ option from the list.
- Tap on the ‘Delete files’, then ‘Delete cookies’ option. After that, you have to click on the ‘Delete history’ option. Tap on the OK button and exit from the current Window. Restart the system to save the changes.
Try to reopen the browser and navigate to the Facebook.com to check whether the problem is resolved or not.
In the above article, we have provided some of the possible ways to fix the ‘Facebook won’t load’ issue. It is our hope that if you perform the above-mentioned ways in their respective order, then it will definitely help you to put an end to this bug. After performing the above procedures, if you are still not able to use Facebook properly or facing any other kinds of trouble, then you need to connect with a tech expert. In addition, you can also share your queries and valuable feedback through the comment box given at the end of this post.