Dell is one of the most renowned brands among all the other laptops available in the current market. It is known for its excellent features and speedy performances. But, this doesn’t mean that the laptops are error-free. If you are working on the Dell laptops for a long period of time, then you might surely encounter some glitches. Among all the errors, “Dell Error Code 2000-0122” is a very common issue. This error, in general, is associated with RAM. A faulty RAM installed on your device can harm your system severely.
So, if you are one of those, who are going through this error and don’t know what to do, then you can unhesitatingly go through this article. In this content, you get to explore all the probable causes and some amazing fixes to resolve this error.
Probable Causes of Dell Error Code 2000-0122
There are multiple causes of this Dell error code. In the first place, this error generally appears when the RAM fails to perform any test. Sometimes, if there is no physical memory available in your system, then this will result in Dell error code 2000-0122. Often, due to excessive booting, your device can also generate this error.
But don’t panic, here you get a list of all possible solutions to fix this technical glitch, as soon as possible.
Effective Steps to Fix Dell Error Code 2000-0122
Here, are some amazing hacks that can resolve the Error code 2000-0122, in your Dell laptop, in less than an hour.
Method 1: Check the RAM of your Dell Laptop
Sometimes, due to some technical faults, the RAM stops functioning and this error code appears. Therefore, you need to check the RAM to get rid of this Dell error code 2000-0122. Go through the steps below to check the RAM module.
- Turn on your Dell laptop and navigate to the Start button on the left-bottom corner and open Settings menu.
- Click on System and then, click on the About button from the sub-menu on your screen.
- Now, navigate to the Installed RAM section from the list and click on Check your computer’s RAM usage.
- If the RAM usage is showing accurately, then check whether the error still persists. You can also go to the next solution to fix this problem.
Method 2: Remove the RAM Module from your Laptop
If the above-mentioned method failed to work, then there might a problem with your RAM module. In this case, you need to check the RAM module and sort out this error. Follow the steps below to perform a RAM module test:
- At first, make sure that you have turned off your Dell laptop to perform the RAM module test. In case, you use Sleep or Hibernation mode while performing this task, then you might lose all the stored data from your laptop.
- Now, unplug the AC adapter cable from your Dell laptop to prevent further damage.
- Remove the battery gently and disconnect all other cables including the Ethernet cable.
- Get a small Phillips-head screwdriver and turn over your laptop, so that the bottom faces upward direction. Locate the memory module slot cover.
- Now, remove all the screws carefully from the slot and release the hooks on the side of the module holder.
- Lift the cover to approximately 30-degree and slide the module out of its corner.
- If your Dell laptop has 2 sticks of RAM module, then remove the modules one by one to check if the error is fixed or not.
Once you are done, turn on your laptop and check whether the error persists or not. If it still continues, then you need to change the RAM of your Dell laptop.
Method 3: Perform Diagnostic Tool Test on your Laptop
Sometimes there might be an error with your system which cannot be detected manually. In that case, the Diagnostic Tool Test is the best way to find all the error existing within your Dell laptop. To perform a diagnostic tool test, follow the steps given below:
- Turn on your computer and navigate to the taskbar search field and type “mdsched.exe” in the search box and hit Enter key.
- Now, once you see the Memory Diagnostic dialog box on your laptop screen, click on Restart now and check for the problems option and press Ok to continue.
- On the next restart, the Diagnostic Memory Tool will automatically start rebooting your PC and will also check the memory problems, all by itself.
- Once the diagnostic task completes, the Windows will show the status if the Memory Tool and will also eliminate the risk.
Here we have discussed all the possible solutions to fix Dell error code 2000-0122. You can try these solutions to escape from this error. Hope, this article will be beneficial enough to assist you on how to deal with Error code 2000-0122. Lastly, leave a comment in the feedback section below.