While booting your Windows device, there are chances that you might get Windows booting error code 0XC0000225. In most of the cases, it causes the dreaded blue screen of death with an error message which displays as “An unexpected error has occurred, Your PC needs to be repaired Error code: 0xc000022”. However, there are multiple reasons behind this error code to occur. First and the foremost reason is when Windows locate the System files which are useful for booting the device, you might get this error. Moreover, due to the sudden shutdown of the computer can also lead you to this situation. Apart from that, a bad Windows update is also caused by this annoying error. Besides this, troublesome programs, virus, faulty hardware are also responsible for this error message as well.
Therefore, through this article, we have managed to put some effective troubleshooting methods which will surely help you to eliminate the error code with ease. Hence, we recommend you to read this article properly and apply them as described in the section below.
Accurate Solutions to Eradicate Error Code 0XC0000225:
There are many ways by which you can troubleshoot the error code 0XC0000225 on your Windows device. But, in order to get an effective result, you should apply the methods as they are described. Here, in this post, we are going to provide to you some effective and reliable solutions to fix this unexpected error code 0XC0000225. Hence, take a look at them.
Method 1: Run Automatic Repair
The first thing you should try is to run the automatic repair in order to solve the issue. To do so, perform the following steps.
- At first, power off the system and install DVD or USB flash drive. After that, reboot your device.
- However, if you have inserted a USB flash drive, then you need to press the appropriate function key. On the other hand, if you are using an installation DVD then you need to see the option and then Press any key to boot from CD or DVD. Now, follow the steps that are mentioned in the section below.
- Press the power button and soon a blue screen will appear on the system screen. At first, select the language that you prefer the most.
- Now, click on the Repair your computer option and head over to the Troubleshoot section.
- From the Troubleshoot option, click on the Advanced options > Automatic Repair option.
- Wait until the process gets finished. Finally, restart the system and check whether the error code still persists or not.
Method 2: Run System File Checker and DISM
Sometimes, corrupted system files can also conflict with the Windows update files and as a result, error 0XC0000225 appear on the system screen. Hence, you need to check the files properly. To check it, perform the following:
- At first, press the Windows key.
- Now to open the Command Prompt window, type cmd in the search bar.
- In the Command Prompt box, type sfc/scannow and hit the Enter button to execute the command.
- Now, type DISM/online/Cleanup-Image/CheckHealth and press the Enter button to perform the command.
Once you perform the action, restart the system and check if the issue still remains, then try the next methods.
Method 3: Rebuild BCD
If none of the above solutions help you to resolve the issue, then you need to rebuild the BCD in your device. If there is a faulty Boot Configuration Data, you will get to experience the same issue constantly. To get rid of this issue, you need to follow the steps that are stated underneath.
At the beginning of the process, open the Command Prompt window. After that, type the following command one-by-one and hit the Enter button each time.
First command: bootrec/scanos
Second command: bootrec/fixmbr
Third command: bootrec/fixboot
Fourth command: bootrec/rebuildbcd
Wait until the process gets completed. Then, you can restart the system and check if you still encounter the same error code.
Method 4: Mark Partition as Active
To apply this method, you need to open the Command Prompt window. Type disk part in the command window and hit the Enter button. After that, type list disk and press the Enter button to execute the program.
- Now, locate the disk that you want to reformat. It might be the C driver of your device.
- Choose the drive and type the following command to reformat the drive.
- Select disk(your disk name) list partition
- Press the Enter button each time to perform the action and then type another two commands.
- select partition Activate
- Lastly, hit the Enter button and now the 0XC0000225 Windows 10 is gone.
Method 5: Check Hardware Issue
Sometimes, hardware failure is also a potential reason for the error code 0XC0000225. Therefore, to fix the issue, you need to make sure that the hardware is in good condition. Therefore, you have to remove the RAM from your device and remove all the dust particle with a clean cotton swab.
So, that is all you need to know about the error code 0XC0000225 and their solutions as well. Hope, this article will help you to resolve the issue on your own. It is also recommended that for hardware testing, you should take expert help to do that. You can also connect with us through the comment section below. Last but not least, do not forget to give feedback regarding this article.