Xbox is one of the most popular gaming brands developed by Microsoft. It allows the user to access all types of online services. But still, it is not free from occasional flaws. 0x87dd0006 is one of the common errors faced by several gamers while signing in to the Xbox or connecting to the Xbox live. This error prevents the user to access the Xbox account. Then, the user becomes incapable to open the library or anything linked with the account.
If you are also in the same condition and unaware of the solution of this error, then nothing to get worried about this. Here in this article, we are going to present some of the easiest hacks which can help you to fix this issue. Hence, you are advised to go through the article given below. So, let’s start.
Probable Causes behind the Xbox One won’t let me Sign in 0x87dd0006 Error
Before going to the troubleshooting hacks, it is essential to know the root causes behind the error code 0x87dd0006. And it’s also become easy to fix an issue when you know the actual reasons behind it. Hence, have a glance at the probable causes behind this error:
- Wrong billing information: If the provided billing information not correct, then you can face this error.
- Corrupt Profile: Due to the corrupted user account, you can also encounter this error.
- Network Configuration: If the network configuration you are using has a little weird, then it also might be the reason behind appearing this error.
Now, you need to match the above points with your current situation and identify the specific cause. After that, you just need some tricks to wipe away this issue.
Easy Tips and Tricks to Fix the Xbox One won’t Let me Sign in 0x87dd0006 Error
There are a lot of ways to fix this error. You need to have a look at the solutions discussed below:
Way 1: Unplug the Ethernet Wire and Login Offline
Before going to perform any complicated solutions, first, you should try to fix the error code 0x87dd0006 by unplugging the ethernet wire. Hence, unplug the ethernet cable, then you have to log in to the modem offline. While offline, you need to replug the ethernet wire. Now, try to log in again. After that, if you see that the issue persists, then move on to further solutions.
Way 2: Rectify the Billing Information
Most of the time, the Xbox assist 0x87dd0006U appears due to inaccurate billing information. If you make any modifications to the billing account or to the billing information, then you need to make sure to verify if all the listed data is correct. You can also check the billing information by going to the default browser of the system. To perform this, you need to stick to the steps as follows:
- At first, you have to log in to the Microsoft account.
- Then, navigate to the ‘Payment & billing’ section.
- Choose the ‘Billing info’ from the list.
- Tap on the option ‘Edit profile’ and modify your desired information.
You can also Change Your Billing Information on Your Xbox One Device by Following the Steps Mentioned Below:
- At first, you have to navigate to the left of the Home screen and open the Guide.
- Now, tap on the gear-shaped Settings icon. Go to the All Settings section.
- Choose the ‘Payment & billing’ option by going to the Account section.
- Next, you have to tap on the ‘Change billing address’ option.
- Then, you have to edit the billing information.
- If you see that doesn’t need editing, then hit the “B” button from the controller.
- Then, tap on the Next button.
- Now, the window prompt to save the changes. Tap on the Save button to make the changes.
Additional Guide: To Rectify the Billing Information on Your Xbox 360 Device, You should Perform the Steps as Follows:
- At first, go to the Settings.
- Then, navigate to the Account section.
- Choose the option ‘Manage Payment.’
- Now, you need to choose the specific payment option which you wish to change.
- Make your desired changes to the billing data.
- Next, save the changes by clicking on the OK button.
According to some users, to solve the error code 0x87dd0006 on Xbox website and Microsoft Live requires to match. After that, you have to check the billing information from both websites.
Now, try to open your Xbox account to check whether the error is still appearing or not. If the error persists, then go to the next solution.
Way 3: Recreate the User Account
Sometimes the Xbox profile can become defective and it can also cause the error 0x87dd0006 to seem. Hence, you should try to recreate your Xbox user account. To perform this, first, you have to delete a user account and then, download it again by visiting the Microsoft website. Here’s how to do that:
- First, you have to scroll left to the Home screen. Then, open the Guide.
- Navigate to the Settings section and tap on the ‘All Settings’ option.
- Now, go to the Account section. Select the ‘Remove accounts’ option from the list.
- Scroll down the list to choose the account that you wish to eliminate and tap on the ‘Remove’ option.
- When you are done, then exit from the current window and restart the system to save the changes.
Now, Add Account again by Performing the Steps Given Below:
- First, launch the Guide by scrolling left on your Home screen.
- Navigate to the ‘Sign in’ tab. Scroll down the list to choose the ‘Add & manage’ option.
- Now, you have to choose the ‘Add new’ option.
- Type the login information of your user account. Hit the Enter key from the keyboard.
- Next, go through the ‘Microsoft Service Agreement and Privacy Statement’ and accept it by checking the box.
- After that, you have to perform the on-screen guidance to configure Security preferences and Sign-In.
After that, you should try to access the Xbox account to check if the error code is still appearing or not. If you see that the error is not gone, then go to the further method.
Way 4: Unplug the Console
You can also solve the ‘Xbox one won’t let me sign in 0x87dd0006’ issue by just turning the console off and disconnecting the power supply. You can also fix this issue simply by turning off your console and unplugging the power cable. After that, you have to wait for a few seconds and connect it back again. Now, turn the console on and check whether the issue ti fixed or not. If you see that the error persists, then perform further procedures.
Way 5: Update the Console
Updates are essential to run any programs or hardware. If you are not using the latest version of the console, then you can face this error. Therefore, you have to confirm that you are using the newest version of the console. If it is not, then update the console by performing the steps as follows:
- At first, you have to hit the Xbox button. It will launch the guide.
- Navigate to the Settings and then choose the ‘All Settings’ option.
- Tap on the System. Then, choose the option ‘Updates’ from the list.
- Choose your Update console to check if there is available any updated version right there.
After that, you should try to open your Xbox account to check whether the issue is fixed. If the error still persists, then move on to the solutions stated below.
Way 6: Update the Controller
By updating the controller of your Xbox device, you can also fix the error code 0x87dd0006. You can update the controller in different procedures. To update the controller of your Xbox One device wirelessly, you should follow the steps stated below:
- Press and hold the Menu button.
- Choose the option ‘Settings’ from the list.
- Go to the ‘Devices & accessories’ section.
- Now, scroll down the list to choose the controller that you wish to update.
- Tap on the Update option. Choose the option ‘Continue’ to initiate the update process.
- Now, you have to wait for a few minutes until the process complete.
The Xbox users, who are using new Xbox One device after 2015, can install the update wirelessly. These kinds of controllers have an annular 3.5mm port at its bottom pane. You can recognize them easily. If the controller doesn’t support the broadcast updates, then you need to install the update it with the help of a USB cable. To perform this, you should follow the steps given below:
- At first, you have to connect the controller with the console utilizing a USB cable.
- Then, follow the on-screen guidance.
- If you don’t see any guidance, then you have to press and hold the Menu button.
- Then, tap on the Settings.
- Navigate to the ‘Devices & Accessories’ section.
- Choose the controller that you want to update and select the option ‘Update’ from the list.
Additional Guide: You can also Update the Controller on Your Computer. To update the Controller Using the PC, Y should Perform the Steps as Follows:
- At first, you have to download the Xbox Accessories application by going to the Windows Store.
- Click twice on the Xbox Accessories application to launch it. Then, you have to connect the Xbox One Broadcast Controller with the help of the Xbox Broadcast Adapter. Or if you prefer, you can also use a USB cable.
- After connecting the controller, you need to check the Update Required notification if there is available any required update.
- After that, you have to install the update and wait for a few times until the process finishes.
Now, you need to try to access your Xbox user account to check if the error code has been resolved or not. If the issue still not gone, perform the solutions discussed below.
Way 7: Restart the Router or Modem
The error code 0x87dd0006 can also appear due to the wrong network configuration. Then, it is the simplest way to fix this issue is to restart the router. To perform this, you should have a look at the steps mentioned below:
- At first, you have to turn the Xbox off.
- Then, turn the router off by pressing the power button of the router.
- After turning off the router, you have to wait for at least 1-2 minutes.
- Now, you have to turn on the router. Press the power button of the router and hold it until it turns on properly.
- Then, turn the Xbox on.
After that, you need to check whether the error is fixed or not. If the error persists, then you should follow the methods provided below.
Way 8: Sign in to a Different Account
According to some users, this error was solved by logging in using another account. First, log out from your user account and then you need to try to log in using a different account. If you have any other Xbox account, then sign in using the user id and password of that account. After that, you again have to log out from your second account and sign in to your personal account.
Way 9: Sign out of Every Account
You can also solve the error code 0x87dd0006, by logging out of all accounts that you have logged in. To perform this, you need to follow the steps given below:
- First, go to the connection settings.
- Then, choose the option ‘Forget Wi-fi.’
- Turn the Xbox off.
- Next, you have to turn the Xbox console on.
- Then, connect the wireless network.
- Then, try to sign in to your account.
After that, you have to check whether is error code is resolved or not. If the issue has not gone, then you have to move on to the solution stated below.
Way 10: Insert the Game Disk
After trying all the solutions provided above, if you still face the error, then you need to insert a disc into your Xbox device to check if it can fix the ‘Xbox one won’t let me sign in 0x87dd0006’ issue. After inserting the disc into the Xbox console you become able to sign in to your Xbox account without any difficulties. Now, you have to check whether the issue is resolved.
In the above guide, we have provided some of the possible solutions to fix the ‘Xbox one won’t let me sign in 0x87dd0006’ issue. It is our hope that if you perform the above ways in the same order, then it will definitely help you to put an end to this bug. After successfully implementing the above ways, if you are still not able to solve the error, or if you face any kind of trouble, then you need to connect with a tech expert. In addition, you can also share your queries and valuable feedback through the command box given at the end of this post.