While you are browsing on the internet, lots of critical errors trying to restrict your workflows. Then, you get stuck with various error codes and an ample number of error messages pop-up on the display. This error happens for a specific website and comes on the display each and every time while you are browsing the data. An unexpected error message, “err_spdy_protocol_error” very often prevent you to access your desired website. Then, the rest of the web pages also becomes affected by this critical issue. However, we are going to talk about those necessary methods to overcome these technical faults efficiently.
Significant Issues Behind SPDY Socket Problem:
There are ample of issues responsible for this Chrome Socket error very often. Here, we are going to analyze the exact issue for this critical problem that helps you to locate the core factors for this annoying problem.
- Outdated antivirus sometimes plays as a system threat and strong firewall protection prevents to access the webpage.
- SPDY Socket settings error causes this annoying issue effectively and don’t give access permission.
- Some of the websites can’t run in the older version of the Chrome browser window due to version incompatibility issue.
- Full of browser cookies, caches are another reason responsible for the “err_spdy_protocol_error”.
- SPDY socket browser issue occurs due to the DNS server issue. If it fails to connect, then the unexpected error message, “err_spdy_protocol_error” appears on the screen at the time accessing a webpage.
Resolve the “Err_spdy_protocol_error” Problem in Chrome Browser with a Few Effective Ways:
Some of the effective methods help you to fix the “err_spdy_protocol_error” problem in Chrome quickly. Moreover, it speeds up the browser performance and helps to get a real-time response as well. Here, we are going to discuss the necessary steps to overcome this critical error effectively. So, you might try out the steps below and fix the network problem efficiently.
Way 1: Upgrade the Browser
To install the Chrome browser with the latest version, you can fix the SPDY error quickly. Moreover, an up-to-date web browser gives a vital and fully-featured experience. To perform the following steps, you can upgrade Chrome and protect the browser from outdated issue.
- First, double-tap on the browser icon and launch the browser window on the screen.
- After that, click on the Control and Customize button (three-dotted icons)_ from the top-right corner of the browser window.
- Now, choose the Help option from the drop-down list appeared under this section and select About Google Chrome from the sub-menu.
- In the Browser Settings window, you can see the browser version that you are using currently and click on it to get the available version.
- If the latest version is available for your browser, then it will start to install the new version and update the browser automatically.
- Then, close the Chrome browser window and reboot the device after closing all the running applications. Now, try to launch the Chrome browser and type correct URLs to verify whether the error message, “err_spdy_protocol_error” still appears or not.
Way 2: Clear Browser Cache
You can resolve the SPDY error by removing all the unnecessary files, recently browsed items, etc from the browser cache. Thus, you can remove the browser cookies and enhance browser performance.
- Open the Google Chrome browser by double-tapping on its icon and click on the Control and Customize button from the right corner of the Address bar.
- Now, choose More Tools option from the drop-down menu. Click on the Clear Browse Data from the sub-menu.
- After that, you can see a list of data that you have searched before from this browser. Click on All checkbox and delete all the data. Thus, you can free up the browser cache and remove the cookies.
- Finally, close the browser window and open it again to search the online data. Now, verify whether the problem gets fixed or not.
Way 3: Flush the SPDY Socket in Chrome Browser
The SPDY socket plays an effective role in resolving the Chrome browser error. If any socket regarding issue occurs, then you can easily flush that socket by using the correct Chrome URL to resolve this error.
- Tap on the Chrome icon and open the Google Chrome window on the screen.
- After that, type the URL “chrome://net-internals/#events&q=type: SPDY_SESSION%20is: active” in the address bar and proceed it by pressing the Enter key from the keyboard.
- Now, go to the top-right corner of the window and here you can see a tiny arrow facing down on a bright red strip.
- Click on that arrow and choose Flush Sockets from the list. Now, close the browser and its all open tabs.
- Finally, launch the Chrome window gain after waiting a couple of minutes and fix this critical error easily.
Way 4: Flush DNS Server and Renew the IP Address
By using some of the effective commands, you can remove the DNS server issue efficiently. In the Command Prompt environment, you can run those effective commands and make the IP conflicts easily.
- First, type” cmd” in the search box and locate the Command Prompt from the Start menu.
- Right-click on the Command Prompt and choose Run as Administrator from the pop-up menu that appeared on the screen.
- Now, verify the Command Prompt Admin account by entering the correct Username and a correct passcode. Next, click the Verify button and verify the Admin account properly.
- After opening the Command Prompt(Admin), type the following commands, “ipconfig /flushdns”, “pconfig /registerdns”,”pconfig /release”,”pconfig /renew.” After that, run them respectively after pressing the Enter key after each of them.
- The command will take a few minutes to execute and when done, try to launch a webpage through your Chrome browser. Now, verify whether the SPDY Protocol error message comes on the screen or not.
Way 5: Disable the Antivirus Software
You can fix the err_spdy_protocol_error problem by turning off the antivirus software and disabling the firewall temporarily. Thus, you can also protect your system from authorized access.
- First, press the Windows key from the keyboard and choose the Settings app from the Start menu.
- After opening the Settings window, select the System and Security icon by double-tapping on it.
- In the Security window, go to the left panel of the security window. Click on the security tab from the list.
- Now, choose Virus and Threat Protection option from the resultant window and launch the Windows Defender Settings window.
- Select Virus Protection and turn it off by pressing the Disable button. Also, turn off the Firewall protection temporarily.
- Once done, close the Settings window and try to launch a web page to check whether the err_spdy_protocol_error got fixed or not.
Way 6: Use Chrome Cleanup Tool
The chrome cleanup tool is used to remove the SPDY socket error very quickly. It is the easiest way to tackle this technical error and enhance the browser performance as well.
Download and install the Chrome Cleanup tool from a genuine website and make sure that the cleaner supports the browser version.
However, after installing that tool, double-click on it and run it properly to fix the browser problem with error permanently.
In the above content, we have defined the necessary steps to overcome the err_spdy_protocol_error effectively. Not only that, it will enhance the Chrome browser performance by resolving the internal issues regarding the browser. Besides this, we have tried to analyze the major issues behind this annoying problem that indicates the core factors responsible for it. So, we hope that this article will help you a lot to identify the exact problem quickly and resolve them accordingly.