Browsers serve like a bridge between a computer and a web server helping the users to send and receive data over the internet while browsing. Even though it sounds like an easy process but the reality is completely different from it. During this complicated process, sometimes browsers encounter various problems and throw different error notifications to the users. Generally, these browser errors are starting with “ERR_” and different from the HTTP status codes. Today we are gonna discuss about one of this ERR type error code which is ERR_INTERNET_DISCONNECTED issue.
What is the ERR_INTERNET_DISCONNECTED Error Message?
ERR_INTERNET_DISCONNECTED is an error message which only occurs in the Google Chrome browser. This error is displayed to the user when Google Chrome is unable to pass through the successive stages and successfully connect to a particular website. Generally, if you stop trying to visit the website for a few minutes or hours then this error notification disappears on its own without going through any troubleshooting method. But for some reason, if you keep getting the “Unable to connect to the Internet Google Chrome can’t display the webpage because your computer isn’t connected to the Internet. ERR_INTERNET_DISCONNECTED ” no matter which website you are trying to open then you have no other choice except using some simple tricks to fix the issue.
So, if you don’t know how to solve the ERR_INTERNET_DISCONNECTED problem for your chrome browser then you are at the right place. In this article, we have provided a complete guide on how to get rid of the ERR_INTERNET_DISCONNECTED. So, follow the rest of the article carefully.
Pre-check for Finding the Disconnected Internet Issue
Now before jumping to the complicated troubleshooting method, at first check if the network, with whom you are connected with is the main culprit or not. There are a few ways available to check the internet connection. Some of them are:
- If you’re connected with a WiFi, then check whether the ADSL or DSL light is blinking.
- If you are connected with a router through USB cable then make sure that the cable is in working condition or not loosen from your device.
- Try to connect a mobile device with the same WiFi and then check if you’re able to access the website through a mobile browser.
- The best way to check the internet connection will be by checking the ping responses from your OS device. To do that, you need to open a Command Prompt with the administrative privilege. When the black box opens type ping www.google.com in it. After that, simply hit the Enter button and wait to see the result. If the internet connection is available on the device, then you’ll receive a response from the server otherwise it will imply that the device is not getting the internet connection.
Methods to Solve the ERR_INTERNET_DISCONNECTED Issue
ERR_INTERNET_DISCONNECTED issue can occur for multiple reasons that’s why troubleshooting this issue is a very long process. In this article, we have provided the best tested and working solution in it. If you know exactly why you are getting the issue then choose the appropriate method from the list below. Otherwise, we will recommend you to go with all the method one by one to solve the error issue:
Method 1: Change the Network Settings
When you face the ERR_INTERNET_DISCONNECTED problem in your device, the first thing you should do is check your network settings. Most of the time this error notification occurs due to some wrong configuration in your Local Area Network setting. So, if you didn’t check the setting yet, then follow the below guide to check it and fix the configuration.
#1: Through the Chrome Browser
- At first, launch the Chrome browser and then click on the Menu (3 dots) from the top-right corner of the window.
- Once you click on it, a drop-down menu will come. From the list, select the Settings menu. After that, type “proxy” in the search dialogue bar present on the top of the window.
- Next, from search results locate and select the “open proxy settings”.
- From the current window, click on the Connections tab and then, select the LAN Settings button from the bottom of the screen.
- A new window will pop up where you have to check the box labeled as Automatically detect settings and uncheck the box which labels as Use a proxy server for your LAN.
After completing the above steps, save the changes you have made. Then, restart the Steam to check the status of the problem.
# 2: Through Network Settings
- First, open your device and then press Windows key + R key to open the Run dialogue box.
- After that type “inetcpl.cpl” in the Run dialogue box to open the Internet Properties window.
- Here, you will see lots of tabs at the top of the table. Select the Connection tab and then click on the LAN Settings.
- Now, just like before you have to check the box labeled as Automatically detect settings and uncheck the box which labels as Use a proxy server for your LAN. After that, relaunch Steam.
Method 2: Clear the Browser Data
In some cases, browsing data such as cache and cookies of your browser prevent the browser from loading website. So, when you come across to the ERR_INTERNET_DISCONNECTED issue then you can try to clear browser data in order to fix the issue:
- At first, turn your device on and then launch the Chrome browser.
- Once the web browser opens, click on the three vertical dots located in the top-right corner.
- Next, move the mouse pointer to the More Tools option and then select the Clear Browsing Data option from the drop-down menu.
- Now, in order to clear everything, choose the “the beginning of time” option from the Time Range and then select what types of data you wish to delete. Here, we will recommend you to mark the boxes of the following options:
- Browsing history.
- Download history.
- Cookies and other site data.
- Plugin data.
- Cached images and files.
- Autofill form data.
- After selecting the checkbox click on the Clear browsing data option and then simply wait till the process finished automatically.
When the auto cache clearing process finished, close your browser and restart your computer to complete the process.
Method 3: Disable Antivirus and Firewall
Firewall or other security software are used to protect your computer from internet threats and malware attack. But sometimes this software can block a network connection and restrict access to the internet even though the connection is not harmful to your device. If you are facing the same issue then you need to fix the problem by disabling the antivirus or firewall temporarily. If you don’t know how to do that then follow the undermentioned steps:
- At first, turn on your device and then, right-click on the Antivirus Program icon from the system tray to Disable it.
- Now, select the duration for which you want to keep your Antivirus disable.
- Once the changes are complete connect with the network again and check if the problem is resolved.
- If you are still facing the problem then click on the Start Menu to search and open the Windows Firewall.
- Now, click on the Customize Settings option. Once the new window opens, select the Turn Windows Defender Firewall on or off option from the left pane.
- Next, go to the Private network settings section and check the box which is labeled as Turn Off Windows Defender Firewall (not recommended) and after that, select Ok.
- When it’s done, head to the Public network settings section and select the same settings as above.
- After completing the above steps check the status of the problem.
Method 4: Delete Wireless Profile
According to the many user reviews, you can also get rid of the ERR_INTERNET_DISCONNECTED issue by deleting the WLAN profile. There is no solid evidence on how effective it is, but if none of the other methods works for you then you can use it as a last option:
- At first, turn on your device and then, press Windows Key + X to open the Quick access menu.
- After that, from the Quick access list select the Command Prompt (Admin) option.
- Now in the black window type netsh wlan show profiles command and then hit the Enter button. After that, wait a few seconds until all the Wifi profile names display on the screen.
- Next, type the netsh wlan delete profile name=”[PROFILE NAME]” command to remove Wifi profiles. In the [PROFILE NAME] section you have to type the Wifi names one by one which you get using netsh wlan show profiles command and then hit the Enter button.
- After deleting all the Profile name, reconnect with the wifi and try to access the website again.
Method 5: Use Flush DNS Command
Flushing DNS is also an effective method to deal with network-related issue.
- To flush DNS, click on the Start menu from bottom left corner of the screen and then type cmd in the search bar.
- Now from the search result right-click on the Command Prompt and then, select Run as administrator option.
- Next, in the command prompt, you have to enter the following lines one by one and hit the Enter button. Make sure you pause for a while after hitting the Enter button each time:
- ipconfig /flushdns (To flushed the DNS Resolver Cache)
- ipconfig /renew (To perform an operation over VPN)
- netsh int ip set dns (To provide essential parameters)
- netsh winsock reset (to reset the Winsock Catalog)
- After completing the above steps exit from the command prompt and then restart your computer. When the system boots up again open the Chrome browser and check if the error is still present or not.
Method 6: Reinstall Network Adapter Drivers
If you didn’t update the network driver for a long time then this problem can also arise in your computer. The network driver is a very essential component to connecting and work over the internet. If the driver gets corrupted for some reason or gets outdated then it will not only trigger the ERR_INTERNET_DISCONNECTED issue but also give birth to some other major network problems. That’s why we will recommend you to try to reinstall the Adapter drivers without a second thought. If you don’t know how to reinstall the network driver then follow the below guide carefully:
- At first, open the Run dialogue box by pressing the Windows Key + R and then type “devmgmt.msc” in the empty box.
- After typing “devmgmt.msc”, hit the Enter button to open the Device Manager.
- Now, expand the Network Adapters option find your network adapter name in the list.
- Once you find the adapter right-click on it and select the Uninstall option. If a confirmation window pops up then select Yes or Ok to proceed with the method.
- Now, restart your PC and try to reconnect with the network again.
- For some reason, if you are not able to connect with the network then it means the driver software isn’t automatically installed.
- In that case, you need to visit your manufacturer’s website and download the driver manually
- After installing the driver and reboot your PC and check if the problem is solved or not.
Hope these methods are able to properly guide you to solve ERR_INTERNET_DISCONNECTED issue. We try our best to put all the available effective methods in this article. In case, we forget to add any effective method in this article, then let us know via the comment section below. We will add the method as soon as possible. If you are still unable to open the website with your Chrome browser, then we will highly recommend getting in touch with an expert for better guidance.