Are you currently facing the err_connection_closed issue in your Mac computer right now? And because of that, you are not being able to use Google Chrome to search for information.
Do not worry at all, as that is something which you will be able to fix on your own. And with the right technical instructions at hand, you will be able to do that in no time whatsoever.
Google Chrome is one of the most popular web browsers that you can find around the world. From this, you are going to get all the necessary features that will help you have the best browsing experience.
But the truth is that this web browser just like any other is not going to be free of trouble. And the err_connection_closed Mac issue is one of them.
This issue is something that directly affects the web browser and you will not be able to use it. So without further ado, let us go ahead and look into this.
Possible Causes of the Err_connection_closed Issue
It is going to be rather important for us to discuss a few things before we start tackling solutions. And that is going to be the possible technical reasons for this.
And if you have a good understanding of what the issue actually is and why it is occurring, then you are going to get two specific benefits.
One of them is that you are going to find the instructions in the solution a lot easier to understand. And thus, implementing all of that is going to be that much easier, saving you a lot of time.
The other one is that you are going to be able to avoid a lot of extra technical issues. And in that way, things are not going to get any worse.
- Now, the main scenario in which you are going to face this issue is when you are trying to open a website. But you are not going to be able to do that and are going to get the err_connection_closed Chrome issue instead.
- The most basic cause of this issue one can trace back to a poor internet connection. Because of which the browser is not being able to use all the details. Thus, you are finding that the website is not opening.
- Then, the other issue that can cause this is a problem in the configuration of the network settings. As there are a lot of different settings that are there under the umbrella of network settings, an issue in any one of those can directly or indirectly result in this issue.
- Also, there is the firewall of the antivirus software that you are using which can cause this issue as well. Any setting that is not compatible for some reason with the browser, then this is going to be common.
How to Resolve the Err_connection_closed Issue? Stepwise Resolutions
Now, in this section of the article, we are going to lay out all the solutions. Apply these properly and that will help you resolve this issue.
As far as our recommendations go, it will be best if you can identify what the exact issue is in your case. With that, you will be able to go to the solution for it straight away. We have covered here all the possible solutions to this particular error.
But if that is not possible for some reason, then just keep applying the solutions one after the other. And that is going to solve this problem for you once and for all.
Deactivate the Antivirus with its Firewall for the Time Being
Like we pointed out that if there be some kind of incompatibility issue with the settings, then the antivirus system with its firewall is going to create problems for you.
And if you are thinking of identifying what the exact problem is and then attempting to fix it from there, then that is going to be a really difficult thing to do. Further, it is also going to take a lot of time.
So, to fix this the best thing you can temporarily deactivate the firewall along with the antivirus program.
To do that, here are the steps you need to take.
- Look for the Apple icon on your home screen and once you find it, click on it.
- Now from the list of options that are there, look for the System Preferences option. And then click on it as you find it.
- In that window, look for the View option and after that, click on the Security option to get to that section.
- Look for the Firewall tab in that window and click on it as you see it there.
- Here, you are going to find the Stop button, which if you click on. Then, that is going to deactivate the antivirus.
Thus, with the above process, you will be able to deactivate the antivirus software that is working on your computer. And that, in turn, is going to resolve this particular technical glitch.
Deactivate all the Browser Extensions
Another thing relating to the browser that can cause this particular problem is the browser extensions. If you are using any other browser along with Chrome i.e Safari, then it can subsequently lead to technical breaches.
Although these can be really useful for the most part, still the thing is that they can create problems. Identifying and fixing them individually is going to be really difficult and time-consuming.
So, the best thing to do in this case is to just go ahead and delete the extensions altogether. To remove all the browser extensions in Safari, here are all the steps that you will need to take.
- Open up your Mac computer and then go to the Safari web browser.
- Look for the Safari menu icon as that is going to display the list of options that are there.
- From that list of options over there, look for the Preferences option and click on it as you find it.
- Now as that window opens up, look for the Extensions pane and click on it. There you will find the list of browser extensions that you have.
- Click on the check-boxes next to the extensions that you want to deactivate. That is going to deactivate that but keep it on the list for later activation.
- But if you want to delete it altogether, click on the extension on that list. And then click on the Uninstall button after that.
You will have to do these things separately for each extension. And once you are done then just get out of the Preferences section. This is going to solve the problem for you very likely. But if it does not then go or the next solution in this step.
Apply the Public DNS of Google
You can use the Google Public DNS system to work around this problem. You will have to do that from the DNS settings section. Here are the steps of the process to do that.
- Find out the Network icon on the taskbar and as you do. Right-click on it to open the list of options.
- As you right-click on that, you are going to see a dropdown list of options. Find out the Network and Sharing Center option from there and click on it.
- Now in the next window that comes up, look for the Change Adapter Settings option. And as you find it, click on it.
- Look for the internet signal that you are connected to in either the Local Area Connection section. Or it can be the Wireless Connection as well.
- As you find that, right-click on it and from the dropdown list of options, click on the Properties.
- Select the Internet Protocol 4 (TCP/IPv4) option from this window and click on the Properties option from here.
- In the window after this, look for the checkbox next to the Use the following DNS server addresses. And click on it after you find it.
- In the address section, type in 22.214.171.124 and then 126.96.36.199 and click the OK button to finish.
Thus, you will be able to use the Google Public DNS and that is going to help you fix this issue.
Now that we have covered the ways in which you can resolve the err_connection_closed issue, you are now good to go ahead and solve it in a straightforward manner.
But if none of these work, then that is an indicator that something is wrong at a more technical level. And only expert technicians will be able to diagnose that and then fix it.
In a situation like that, do not hesitate from getting tech support as it will make things a lot easier for you.