Epic Games Launcher is basically an application that helps you to run different games devised by Epic Games. Most of the users launch a complaint if they are unable to open the Epic Games Launcher. The launcher is the main path to play certain games. Therefore, if they are not able to open the launcher, then it creates a serious problem for ardent gamers. There has not been any instance where the users are seeing the launch for a short interval of time and then move back to the start screen. Whatever may be the cause of concern, the moral of the story is you can’t launch Epic Games Launcher. Therefore, this informative user guide will help you to overcome this irritating Epic Games launcher won’t open issue in no time.
Causes Behind the Epic Game Launcher Not Open Issue:
Although there is no certain reason behind this annoying issue. But after long research, we have inculcated some prominent causes behind this issue. Let’s have a look.
- There is no particular reason for this issue but the most likely, the case is that the application will not start properly and therefore, it requires a normal reboot. So, rebooting the system properly can fix this issue and thus, error state or servers is the main cause.
- Epic Games server can also lead to this kind of problem. When you open this Epic Games Launcher, it will make an attempt to link with the Epic Games server. The launcher will not open until and unless it gets connected to the server. Another major indication is the launcher status. If you view the status from being busy to connect, then it implies that the launcher is working fine as well as the servers. Since this is a very common issue, the perfect solution is to wait patiently.
- There are certain applications that can refrain the system from opening. Therefore, if you are having an antivirus application, it might prevent the application from opening.
Points to be Noted Before Performing Steps:
- Before you go ahead with certain methods listed below, you need to open the launcher and wait for a while till you find the Fortnite update. In the majority of the scenarios, the problem pops up due to the server issue. Thus, the users should wait for half an hour till the launch gets signed in automatically.
- There are certain instances when the application stops and the users have to face random issues. You can easily perform a simple reboot to resolve this issue. Therefore, reboot your PC to examine whether the issue persists or not.
Appropriate Ways to Fix Epic Games Launcher Won’t Open Issue:
Go through the below steps to prevent Epic Games launcher won’t open issue:
Fix 1: Disable Antivirus
You have to disable the antivirus application if there is any antivirus already installed in your PC. These antivirus applications can block certain applications. However, the effective part is that each and every antivirus is available with a disable option and therefore, you don’t have to uninstall it entirely. Henceforth, follow the below-mentioned steps in order to deactivate the application.
- First and foremost thing is to right-click on the antivirus icon available on the system tray.
- Choose Avast Sheild Control based on the type of antivirus.
- Next, you need to choose a suitable option in order to disable the antivirus.
If everything starts working properly after you disabled the antivirus, then there is a problem with the antivirus. So you need to uninstall the antivirus. Else you can easily add your launcher whitelist in order to remove Epic Games launcher won’t open Mac issue.
Fix 2: End Task Epic Games through Task Manager
As already mentioned earlier, there is no major reason pertaining to this exasperating issue. A simple reboot application can easily fix this issue. After several attempts, we came to the conclusion that ending the task through the task manager and restarting the launcher can evade the aforementioned issue. Therefore, go through the below steps in order to end the task launcher with the help of the task manager.
- In order to begin, you have to hold the CTRL, Shift as well as Esc keys in order to open the Task Manager.
- You need to find the Epic Games launcher application from the process list and then choose it.
- Press on End Task.
- Finally, shut down the Task Manager.
Now, you have the option to reboot the launcher and therefore everything should function normally.
Fix 3: Modifying the Properties of Launcher
If you modify the properties of the launcher and then add OpenGL at the end, you can easily fix this issue. Go through the below steps for proper instructions
- Move to the desktop where the shortcut option is present in the launcher.
- Next, you need to right-click the Epic Games Launcher and choose Properties.
- Then, navigate to the Target field and include OpenGL below.
- Thereafter, enter OpenGL.
- You will find the below contents of the Target Field.
“C:\Program Files (x86)\Epic Games\Launcher\Portal\Binaries\Win32\EpicGamesLauncher.exe” –OpenGL
- Finally, press OK and choose the Apply option to resolve this error.
The final implication is that the above fixes can help you to resolve this Epic Games launcher won’t open issue in no time. However, you can easily go for the Automatic repair option if the above method fails. Moreover, you can refer to the user guide to have a quick glance. Also, if there is any other idea or tricks in your mind, you can provide that in the comment section below.