Sometimes, you will find that the Dragon age inquisition won’t launch on your Windows device. In general, Dragon Age Inquisition is an action role-playing gaming device which is developed by Bioware and published by Electronic Arts. Once this error occurs on your device, the users try to execute it multiple times but the game does not open. There are various reasons responsible for the problem.
The first and major reason is that when there is a service running in the background, you will confront this issue. Sometimes, some third-party applications also prevent the gaming element in order to work normally as a result, the problem arises. Secondly, if by mistake, you have deleted some game files from your device, then this problem occurs. Thirdly, sometimes the game requires administrative privileges for some of the elements to function properly. In addition, if the game is not compatible with the Windows device, you may face the issue.
Therefore, if you are facing the same problem, then you need to fix the issue instantly. After knowing the basic nature of the issue, then let’s move to the next section which is going to fix the issue.
Try These Fixes to Troubleshoot Dragon Age Inquisition Won’t Launch Issue:
Are you searching for a complete method to troubleshoot Dragon age inquisition won’t launch? Then go through the article properly to know the best methods to fix the issue without any difficulties. Many of the users give positive feedback after applying these solutions. Hence, apply the fixes accordingly to get rid of this situation.
Solution 1: Run a Clean Boot
Sometimes, a service running in the background might lead you to this situation. However, Windows services or any third-party applications can prevent all the elements of the game from functioning properly. As a result, this problem appears on your Windows device. Hence, you need to boot the Windows device. To do that, follow the steps that are mentioned in the section below.
- At first, log in to your computer to run it as an administrator. After that, type msconfig in the Windows search bar and hit the Enter button.
- Now, select the Services option and check the Hide all Microsoft Services box.
- In order to disable all the third-party services which are running in the background, you need to click on the Disable All option.
- Thereafter, right-click on the TaskBar option and then select the Task Manager option.
- Select on the Startup window and then ensure all the applications which are disabled.
- At last, restart the system and try to run the game to check whether the game is running properly or not.
Solution 2: Verifying Game Files
Sometimes, the problem occurs when there is some of the files of the game are corrupted or damaged. To run any game, all the game files are necessary. Hence, if your device does not find a single game file, the game won’t start. Therefore, you need to verify the game files to launch the game properly. To verify that, walk through the following steps that are mentioned in the following section.
- At first, open the Origin Client and sign in to your account to proceed further. After that, select the Game Library option which is available in the left panel of the system screen.
- Open the Game Library option and press the Apex Legends option. Right-click on that option and select the Repair Game from the drop-down menu.
- Then, it will automatically verify the game files. When you are done with this, it will automatically download the missing files and replace the damaged game’s files.
- At last, run the game and check whether the problem gets resolved.
Solution 3: Re-install the Direct X and VC Redist
You will find the Direct X and VC Redist inside the game installation folder. But if the current version of the Direct X and VC Redist might coincide with the game and also prevents to launching of the game. So, you need to reinstall Direct X and VC Redist. To do that, follow the steps that are mentioned in the section below.
- At first, move to the folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Dragon Age Inquisition\__Installer\directx\redist
- After that, run the DXSetup.exe and place it in the previous version.
- Next, move to the folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Dragon Age Inquisition\__Installer\vc
- Now, run all the VCRedist.exe which is present inside the folder and do the same as you have done with the Direct X.
- Once done, restart the system and try to run the game to verify whether you are getting the same error message.
Solution 4: Granting Administrative Privilege
To run the game properly and to work its elements correctly, sometimes the game requires administrative privileges. When the game has not been granted those administrative privileges, it can cause several issues. Dragon age inquisition won’t launch Windows 10 is one of them. Hence, you have to grant permission for the game administrative privilege. To do so, follow the instructions mentioned below.
- Initially, open the Game Installation Folder and right-click on it. It will open the game Executable folder.
- After that, select the Properties option and then click on the Compatibility window. Thereafter, click on the Run as Administrator box which is present inside the Compatibility option.
- Then, try to run the game and check whether the problem still exists or not.
Solution 5: Turning off the Full-Screen Optimizations
Most of the time, the full-screen optimization features which are present in the Windows 10 was able to run the game as a ‘borderless Window’. It might interfere with certain files of the game. Due to this, the game won’t run on your device. Hence, you need to turn off the Full-screen optimization features in your device in order to fix Dragon age inquisition won’t launch 2018. To perform the action, follow the steps that are described in the section below.
At first, open the game installation folder on your device. After that, right-click on the game executable program.
Now, select the Properties option and then move to the Compatibility window. You will find DIsable Full-Screen Optimization window.
After that, click OK to apply the settings. Now, run the game and find out if the problem still persists or not.
Solution 6: Troubleshooting Compatibility
In Windows 10, some of the games won’t support. If you install a game which is not compatible with Windows 10, then the Dragon age inquisition won’t launch problem arises. Hence, you need to use the Windows Troubleshooting tool to determine the operating system which is compatible with the game. To do so, go through the steps.
- At first, launch the game installation folder on your device. After that, right-click on the game executable option and then click on the Properties option.
- Further, select the Compatibility window and then click on the Run Compatibility Troubleshooter option.
- Then, Windows will automatically determine the best operating system which is compatible with the game.
- Now, press the Try Recommended Settings option and then select Test option.
- If the programs run properly, then apply the settings and exit from that window.
Once done, to check whether the problem gets solved, try to Run the game on your PC.
All these above solutions are useful and you can easily troubleshoot the Dragon age inquisition won’t launch issue without any difficulties. Hence, before getting worried about this error, you can apply these steps one by one. Hopefully, you can able to fix the issue in a proficient manner. Furthermore, if you face any difficulties while doing these, you can post your queries in the section below. Nevertheless, do not forget to give feedback about this article.