DPC Watchdog Violation is a general issue in the Windows Operating system. This issue mainly occurs due to unsupported SSD firmware, hardware incompatibility, corrupted system files or outdated SSD driver. In such cases, you should try to follow this article which includes simple troubleshooting hacks to fix this issue quickly.
Methods to Fix DPC Watchdog Violation Windows 10
Here are some instant fixes which you can use to fix this particular error. Try to follow them exactly as instructed. Do not skip any step. You may not need to try all the fixes. Just work your way down the list, until you find the fix that works best for you.
Method 1: Change SATA AHCI Controller Driver
Once you encounter this error on your device, you can change the SATA AHCI controller driver to fix it. As per some users, this is the most effective method.
- First of all, on your keyboard, you need to press the Windows key and the X at the same time and from the options, you have to choose Device Manager.
- After that, you have to expand IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers.
- Now, you have to right click on the SATA AHCI controller and click on the Properties button.
- In order to verify that you have chosen the correct controller, go to the Driver tab and click on Driver Details.
- Now, be sure about that, StorA.sys is listed as a driver. Tap on the Ok option to exit.
- If you notice storahci.sys listed here, then you have to move on to Method 2.
- After that, you have to tap on the Driver and then on Update Driver.
- Now, you have to click on Browse my computer for driver software.
- Once done, you have to click on Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.
- After that, you have to tap on the SATA AHCI Controller, after that, tap on Next.
- Now, you have to finish the procedure as per the instructions that appear on the screen.
- Once done, you have to restart your computer and check the status of the error.
Method 2: Update Available Drivers
In case, you are using an outdated version of your device driver, then also you can encounter this error. In that case, try out these steps:
- First of all, you have to go to the Search bar.
- In the search bar, you have to search for ‘update device driver’.
- Now, you will be able to see the list of search results, from which, you have to choose Update device driver.
- Now, when the Device manager opens, look for any driver with a yellow exclamation beside it.
- Right-click on such drivers and select Update driver software.
- Now, follow the instructions to complete the driver update.
After completing these steps, now check if it fixes the error.
Method 3: Perform Disk Check
You can encounter this blue screen error due to a disk problem. In that case, perform a disk check to resolve it.
- At first, on your keyboard, you have to press the Windows logo key and type cmd. Now, you have to right-click on it and tap on Run as administrator button.
- If prompted for the administrator’s permission, tap on the Yes button to continue.
- Once done, you have to type chkdsk /f /r, and press the Enter button on your keyboard.
- Press the Y button on your computer to continue.
Now, check the status of the error. If it persists, then try to follow the next method.
Method 4: Run Event Viewer
You can also run the event viewer to know the culprit driver or the device due to which you are getting this error. On that note, try to follow these steps:
- On your keyboard, you need to press the Windows key and the X at the same time.
- After that, you have to tap on the Event Viewer.
- Now, on the left side of the panel, tap on the Windows Logs, and then System.
- After that, in the middle part of the panel, you will be able to view some entries. Look for the entries with ‘Error’ or ‘Warning’ beside it. Now, you will be able to see detailed information about the error.
This process will help you to know the cause of this error.
That’s all! Try to utilize the methods provided in this article in a proper way. If you have any queries regarding the DPC watchdog violation windows 10 error, do post your comment in the section below.