If you love online games, then you might even enjoy every type of game, be it solo or in a group. We believe Deep Rock Galactic would be the right choice for you. However, losing connection while playing Deep Rock Galactic has become more frequent these days. Whether it’s a PC, Xbox, PlayStation, or any other gaming console, gamers have been complaining about Deep Rock Galactic Connection issues.
You might be looking for a solution to overcome such a connection issue. If you have connected your gaming device wirelessly, then you can establish a wired connection to check if it makes any difference.
Still, if you are stuck with the connection drama and can’t play your favourite game, then here’s what you need to try:
Reset or Renew Your IP Address
Deep Rock Galactic connection issues are quite common when your PC suffers from IP conflicts. Fortunately, there’s a simple method that can eliminate the issue for you. You can easily reset your network adapter or IP stack using the following steps:
- Move your PC’s cursor to the network icon situated on the Taskbar. Right-click on it and select the option that says, ‘Open Network & Internet Settings’.
- Next, the Settings page will show the current network adapter you are connected to right now. Click the Properties button and deactivate IPv6 when the window opens.
- Afterwards, you have to launch a Command Prompt window. Make sure that you open the Prompt with administrative properties. Search using the text ‘cmd’ and click the ‘Run as administrator’ option when the Command Prompt appears.
- Execute the following commands in the window of Command Prompt. Ensure that you press the Enter key each time you are done with typing the command. Here are the two commands that you have to input:
- netsh int ip
- netsh winsock reset
- Wait for a while and then you can restart your computer.
Check whether the Deep Rock Galactic connection issues are over or not.
Reinstall the Latest Graphics Drivers
The outdated graphics driver turns incompatible with the latest patches of Deep Rock Galactic. If you are a PC gamer, then you can try reinstalling the GPU drivers. Numerous users have supported the fact that you can possibly overcome the Deep Rock Galactic connection issues by reinstalling the graphics drivers. Go through the following steps:
- Search for Device Manager on your Windows computer. Click on the Device Manager when it appears on the search result.
- After that, you need to choose a suitable category to view the devices’ names. In this case, you are here to uninstall and reinstall the GPU driver. Therefore, click on the GPU driver’s icon to expand it.
- Next, right-click the device and select the Uninstall option. You can also press and hold the device’s name and choose the Uninstall option.
- You have to restart your computer when the uninstallation completes.
After restart, your Windows PC will try reinstalling the GPU driver. Attempt exploring the game on the corresponding platform and check if you can experience Deep Rock Galactic connection issues.
Restart your Network Components
What if you play the Deep Rock Galactic game on your PS5 or any other gaming console rather than PCs? Deep Rock Galactic connection issues can be seen in gaming consoles, too. If you are struggling with the server connection again, you can try restarting your network system.
Glitches with the Wi-Fi network are common, and any of your devices can suffer. Check out the following guidelines to restart your home’s router and modem:
- Turn off the router and remove its power plug from the electrical outlet.
- Next, switch off the modem and also remove its power cord.
- Leave them just like that for more or less 10 minutes.
- After that, you can switch on the modem first. Next, you can power on the router.
- Allow the router to connect to the modem automatically.
You can try connecting to the router and check if you can connect to the Deep Rock Galactic game server now.
Disable UPnP on PlayStation Devices
Universal Plug and Play is an interesting feature for smooth wireless communication. Additionally, you can connect your PlayStation console to any Wi-Fi-enabled device automatically with the UPnP feature. However, you can turn off this feature if you don’t want your PlayStation to interfere with other network devices.
Leaving the UPnP feature enabled can create distractions while gaming. Therefore, you can eradicate the Deep Rock Galactic connection issues by disabling the UPnP feature:
- Power on your PlayStation device and navigate to the Settings menu under the Xross Media Bar.
- Scroll down until you see Network Settings.
- You have to choose the Internet Connection Settings. Continuing with the setup will disconnect you from the internet service. This warning shows up, and you have to proceed with OK.
- Afterwards, you need to select the Custom option to modify the settings. You can assign your own network settings.
- Now, you can select the Wired or Wireless connection relying on the connection type. You must verify the WPA or WEP passkey if you use a wireless connection.
- You have to set the Ethernet Operation Mode, including the DHCP, IP Address, DNS, Proxy Server Settings, and MTU. Depending on the network configuration, you can set them manually or automatically.
- Additionally, you have to set the UPnP feature to Disable mode.
Finally, you can execute an Internet Connection Test and check if everything’s working fine.
Additional Fixes to Mitigate Deep Rock Galactic Connection Issues
If you are still suffering from Deep Rock Galactic connection issues, then you can try debugging signs. You can install the Epic Games Launcher and click the black and yellow downward arrow when you open the launcher.
Next, click on Options and check the box next to the ‘Editor symbols for debugging’ option. Furthermore, you can select the Apply option.
Sometimes, the Steam platform might take longer to load the Deep Rock Galactic game. Check if the Steam server is facing issues. Otherwise, you can talk to your ISP if you feel something’s wrong with your internet connection.