At times you can find that your Chromebook keyboard is not working while working on your laptop. This problem can hamper your task and is very frustrating.
This problem arises if the Chromebook keyboard is turned off. Sometimes, if the Chromebook OS has not been updated, then also you might face this issue.
If you are suffering from this problem, then stay with this article. Here, in this article, we are going to provide two easy and effective solutions that can help you to get rid of this issue. After performing these two fixes, you should be able to easily resolve this particular issue.
Chromebook Keyboard Not Working: Solutions to Try
In the section below, you will get to know the easy and useful solutions to get rid of the irresponsive Chromebook keyboard on an Acer laptop. Go through the solutions carefully and perform them accordingly.
Solution 1 – Enable the Keyboard
Enabling the keyboard can fix the Acer Chromebook keyboard not working. If the keyboard is disabled, then you may face this problem on your device.
So, you should try to enable it in order to get solved this issue. To do so, follow the directions mentioned below:
- At first, you need to log in to the Chromebook.
- In that window, select the Status area, where you can see the account picture will appear.
- Next, select the Settings button.
- From the Settings window, you will find the Show advanced settings button, click on it.
- In that window, go to the Accessibility tab and then mark on the Turn on Enable on-screen keyboard option to enable it.
Once you are done with these steps, restart the machine and then check if the issue still persists or not.
Solution 2 – Update the Operating System
If solution 1 did not work out then you need to try this solution to resolve this issue on your Acer laptop.
If you are using the older version of the Operating System then you can face the Chromebook keyboard not working problem.
So, you must update the system. To update it, perform the steps instructed below:
- At first, switch on the Chromebook and then connect it to the WiFi.
- In the main window, click on Time which is located at the bottom right corner.
- Next, click on Settings.
- From the Settings window, find the About Chrome OS option, click on it. In that window, you will see the version of the Chromebook that you are using.
- Click on the Check for updates button to check whether any updates are there or not. If yes, then you see an option Update, click on it.
Once the update procedure is complete, restart the system and then check if the keyboard works properly without any problem.
We hope these two solutions will help you to solve the Chromebook keyboard not working problem. These solutions are easy and effective to overcome this situation.
However, if you face this problem ever or if you have any doubts then you can leave a comment in the comment section below. Or you can seek help from a professional.