Google Chrome is a browser popular among its users, due to its speed. But occasionally, if you notice Chrome running slow on Mac, don’t be frustrated. Several users are facing the same issue with their Chrome browser.
Poor internet connectivity can be the reason, which you are encountering this issue. Besides that, you can also encounter this error due to a heavy browser cache. In case, you are using an outdated version of Chrome, then also you can encounter this error.
So, if you are looking for solutions to fix this glitch, you can follow this article. Here, we have provided fixes to resolve this glitch quickly and easily. Try to utilize the steps in a proper manner and hopefully, you’ll be able to resolve this issue on your own.
How to Fix Chrome Running Slow on Mac
Here is a complete guide to eliminating this glitch from your Mac. Try to go through the fixes and implement them correctly to resolve a slow-running Chrome on Mac.
Method 1: Disable Unnecessary Extensions
You can disable the unnecessary extensions, to increase the speed of the Chrome Browser. On that note, try out these steps:
- First of all, on your Chrome, click on the Menu button situated in the upper right corner.
- Next, choose More tools and navigate to Extensions.
- After that, turn off the toggle below the extensions that you want to disable.
Once you disable some Chrome extensions and apps, hopefully, the speed of Google Chrome increase.
Method 2: Enable Predictions Services
If the previous method fails to resolve this typical error, you can also enable prediction services in order to overcome this error. In such cases, try to follow these steps:
- At first, on your Google Chrome, click on the menu button situated at the upper right corner.
- After that, choose Settings.
- Now, in the search bar, type prediction and after that, turn on the toggle situated next to ‘Use a prediction service to load pages more quickly.’
- Next, reopen Chrome.
- In case you see this issue reappearing, try to clear the browser cache.
Method 3: Clear Browsing Cache
If the previous methods fail to resolve this issue, you need to clear the Browsing cache, using these steps:
- First of all, open Chrome and navigate to the Settings.
- In the More Tools option, select Clear Browsing Data.
- After that, you need to check the history, cache, cookie and other types of browser data that you want to delete.
- Next, click on Clear Browsing Data.
After clearing the browsing cache, if you notice this error persists, then it can happen that you are using an outdated version of Chrome as a result of which you are facing this issue. So, move to the next method.
Method 4: Update Chrome Browser
You can also try to update the Chrome Browser, in order to resolve this error. To perform this action, try out these fixes:
- First of all, on your computer, open Google Chrome.
- Next, at the top right corner, locate More.
- In case you notice, an update is pending, then you will see it is colored as follows:
Green: Update is available for 2 days.
Orange: Update is available for 4 days.
Red: Update is available for 7 days.
In case, you see this, you need to follow the steps below, to update Chrome.
- Firstly, on your computer, navigate to Chrome.
- On the top right corner, click More.
- Now, click Update Google Chrome. In case, you don’t see this button, it means, you are using the latest version.
- Next, click on Relaunch.
After performing these fixes, hopefully, the slow running issue with Google Chrome will be gone. If it doesn’t resolve, it means, there is something wrong with the internet connection. You need to check whether you are connected to the internet properly or not. If the internet connection is faulty or incorrect, then try to fix the internet issue first.
Summing It Up
You can utilize this guide to fix Chrome running slow on Mac. In case, you want any further guidance related to the steps provided, you can leave your queries in the comment section. Or you can connect with an expert for further guidance.