While updating the Operating System, or while performing the booting procedure, a Windows 10 device can encounter Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) or Stop Error screen at any time. It is a fatal system error and when it appears, it crashes the device.
Though it is a fatal error, it does not mean the fixing process of it is too complicated. This typical error can be fixed using proper solutions.
So, this is what we are going to discuss here, i.e., the fixes to resolve BSOD errors on a Windows 10 system. Hence, you can follow this guide to learn about them and can apply the fixes to resolve such an issue on your system.
How to Fix Blue Screen of Death on Windows 10
Mentioned below, are some useful methods that you can implement to eliminate this error from your device, in a proper manner. Try to follow the fixes as given and implement them accordingly to get rid of BSOD errors on your Windows 10 device.
Method 1: Update Device Drivers
Once you encounter this error on your device, the first thing you can do is update the device drivers using these steps:
- First of all, tap on the Start button and locate the search box.
- In the search box, type ‘Device Manager’ and click on the option which comes at the top of the search result.
- Next, expand the category where the problem has been listed.
- After that, right-click on the device and choose the Update driver option.
- Next, choose the ‘Search automatically for updated driver software’ option.
After that, your device will start downloading and installing the current version of the driver. If this error persists after performing these steps, try to follow the alternative method mentioned below.
Method 2: Remove Windows 10 Updates
A glitched installation of Windows 10 can also result in this error. In such cases, try to follow these steps:
- Initially, open the Settings.
- Next, choose Update & Security.
- Now, tap on the View update history option.
- Next, click on the Uninstall updates option.
- Now, choose the most recent update.
- Next, you need to choose the Uninstall button.
If this method does not help in resolving this typical error, then you need to follow the method discussed next.
Method 3: Remove Applications
If the above methods fail to fix this issue, try to remove applications in order to resolve this BSOD error. For that, try to follow these steps:
- Firstly, navigate to the Settings.
- Next, click on Apps.
- After that, click on Apps & features.
- Choose an application that may cause this issue and click on the Uninstall button.
- Next, click on the Uninstall button again.
- After that, continue with the on-screen directions.
Once you complete the steps, the application which you have selected will be removed from your computer. Once done, hopefully, this error will be eliminated from your device.
Method 4: Use Safe Mode
You can also use safe mode, in order to fix this typical error from your device. For booting your PC in Safe mode, try to follow these steps:
- At first, tap on the advanced startup option.
- Take note that, in case you are accessing Advanced Startup from a USB media, you will see the Troubleshoot option. Click on it.
- After that, click on the Advanced option.
- Next, click on the Startup Settings option.
- After that, you need to click on the Restart button.
- Once your computer completes the reboot procedure, press the press F4 (or 4), in order to choose the Enable Safe Mode option.
- In the safe mode, depending upon the issue, it will be resolved.
Method 5: Remove Quality and Feature Updates
In order to uninstall the latest quality and feature update, which might be causing the blue screen error, try to follow these steps:
- First of all, click on the Advanced Startup option.
- If you are accessing Advanced Startup from the USB media, you will be able to see the Troubleshoot option instead. Click on it.
- Next, click on Advanced Mode.
- Choose Uninstall Updates.
- Tap on the Uninstall latest quality update option.
You can also choose the Uninstall latest feature update option and continue with the steps below in order to remove the recent update of Windows 10.
- While rebooting, sign in by providing the login credentials.
- Next, click on Uninstall quality update button.
- Now, click on the Done button.
- After you complete this action, click on the Continue option.
Summing it up
These are some effective solutions you can utilize to fix BSOD errors on your device. For further queries, you can always contact an expert who can guide you in a better way. You can also share your thoughts with us via your valuable comments.