The Bitdefender is a Romanian web security antivirus that protects a system from any potential threats. It was developed by the company Bitdefender. The company also has different cybersecurity services. Now, coming back to the Bitdefender software, it is one of the top quality antiviruses nowadays. The Bitdefender comes up with a glitch-free and top-quality protection strategy. It certainly tops the list when it comes to performance and effectiveness. The Bitdefender can offer you protection on various platforms ranging from a single computer or a smartphone to small businesses or infrastructures. Moreover, the software is made in such a way that it is user-friendly. This reduces the additional pressure from the users who are not that tech-savvy. However, at times you may find Bitdefender not uninstalling when you try to uninstall it for any reason. Follow this article, to have in-depth knowledge about how to fix Bitdefender not uninstalling issue instantly.
Common Causes For Bitdefender Antivirus Not Uninstalling
In order to solve the problem efficiently, you need to understand where the fault lies. This will also help you to troubleshoot the errors very easily and quickly. Take a look at some of the reasons for such issues.
- The Operating System of your computer can be the reason for such a problem. If the Operating System has not been updated properly then you can face such issues.
- If your system is affected by harmful viruses then you may face the problem Bitdefender antivirus not uninstalling. Scan your system properly to get rid of the problem.
- Moreover, the temporary files of your system can create issues while you try to uninstall the antivirus.
- If the cache files of the Bitdefender antivirus gets corrupt then such defects may arrise.
- Using a third-party antivirus can also be the reason for such malfunctioning of the Bitdefender.
- Furthermore, a problem in the Bitdefender exe file can also cause issues while you try to uninstall it. You need to end the process once and then again look for the uninstallation procedure.
- The Windows Firewall can block the Bitdefender antivirus which can be the reason for such issues.
How To Troubleshoot Bitdefender Not Uninstalling Problem Effectively
There are several easy ways to uninstall the Bitdefender antivirus. If you want to resolve the issue on your own take a glimpse at these easy steps to solve it quickly without any hassle.
In Windows 7
Press the Windows button in the taskbar and type “Control Panel” in the search field. Then select the Control Panel to open the Control Panel window. Double-click on the “Programs and Features” option. A list of all the programs installed on your system will appear. Then locate “Bitdefender” and right-click on it. Select the option “Uninstall” from the drop-down menu to remove it completely from the system. Click Yes on the confirmation box if it appears to delete it permanently from the system. Now, wait for the process to end. The Bitdefender Antivirus will be uninstalled from Windows 7.
In Windows 8 and 8.1
Click the Start button present on the left corner of the taskbar. Then in the Start menu locate the “Control Panel” option. After that, click on “Programs and Features” or “Uninstall a program” option. The list will appear which contains all the programs that are in your system. Then locate “Bitdefender” and right-click on it. Select the option “Uninstall” from the drop-down menu to remove it completely from the system. Click Yes on the confirmation box if it appears to delete it permanently from the system. Now, wait for the process to end. The Bitdefender Antivirus will be uninstalled from Windows 8 or Windows 8.1.
In Windows 10
Click the Start button at the extreme left corner of the taskbar. In the Start menu locate the “Settings” option. Then look for System icon and click on it. Then select the “Apps” option. After that, click on “Apps and Features” tab. There locate “Bitdefender” and right-click on it. Select the option “Uninstall” from the drop-down menu to remove it completely from the system. Click Yes on the confirmation box if it appears to delete it permanently from the system. Now, wait for the process to end. The Bitdefender Antivirus will be uninstalled from Windows 10.
Check The System File
- Press the Windows button. Then click the Power button of your computer.
- After that select the “Restart” option while holding the “Shift” key from your keyboard.
- Then choose the “Troubleshoot” option followed by “Advanced options”.
- Now you have to select the “Command Prompt” option.
- The Command Prompt window pops up on your screen. There you have to type the following commands: cd %windir%\system32\config ren software .001 ren system .001
- Now terminate the Command Prompt windows to get back to the Boot options page and select the “Continue” option.
- At last, reset your PC and see if the problem persists or not.
Terminate Bitdefender.exe Process
- Press the Ctrl + Alt + Del buttons simultaneously from your keyboard.
- Now, you have to choose the “Task Manager” option.
- The Task Manager window appears on your screen. Move to the “Processes” tab.
- Then, try to locate the “bitdefender.exe”. Right-click on that and select the “End Task” option.
- Now, go to the “Create New Process” and type “explorer.exe”.
- Then, hit the OK button.
- You will see the explorer.exe created again in the Processes tab.
- At last, restart your computer and see if the issue persists or not.
Delete The Temporary Files
Open the Run command and type the following commands “prefetch”, “temp”, and “%tmp%” one by one to open the following temporary folders. Then press the Ctrl and A keys together to select all the files. Finally, press Shift + Del keys to permanently delete the temporary files from your computer. Now try uninstalling the software again.