Avast error code 7005 occurs due to corrupted system files or Windows Registry. Sometimes, misconfiguration of the operating system might also lead to this error. But usually, virus or malware infection is the root cause of all these issues. Whenever a malicious program enters your PC, it has high chances of modifying the registry entries. As a result, your antivirus display errors and fails to carry on its operation. In addition, another security software installed on your PC might conflict with your Avast software and give rise to this error. Incomplete installation of Avast or Windows are some other causes of such errors. If the current version of Windows is incompatible with Avast software, then also the user come across this error.
When you encounter this error, the active program crashes and your computer begins to run sluggishly. Moreover, the input devices take more time to respond to your commands. In severe cases, the computer keeps on freezing from time to time and does not let you do your work. If you find that Avast scan on Mac not completing due to error code 7005, then it is of utmost importance to get rid of this error. Otherwise, you might get into severe trouble and it would become difficult to get out of such a situation.
Preferable Solutions to Eliminate Avast Error Code 7005 Instantly:
Have a look at the possible ways of removing this Avast error code 7005 permanently from your PC. Just follow them to fix this error.
Solution 1: Scan Your PC for Virus or Malware
If a virus or malware attack is the reason behind this error, then you can follow the steps below to eliminate this.
- Search for a proper scanning tool on the internet and then download it on your PC.
- Double click on the tool to launch it on your PC.
- Then, run it to scan the system for virus or malware.
- You will come to know from the scanning result if a virus or malware is present on your PC.
- You will need to use an antivirus or antimalware to remove the respective malicious programs from your PC.
- Restart your PC and run Avast software to ensure that it is working as before.
Solution 2: Repair the Corrupted Registry
You need to repair the corrupted registry files to fix this Avast error code 7005 from your PC.
- Before you begin, insert a Windows setup CD and restart your PC.
- Press any key on the keyboard to boot from that CD.
- Press ‘R’ to access the Repair Console and enter the Administrator password, if asked.
- Select the corrupted registry files and click on the ‘Backup’ button next to them.
- Then, choose ‘Delete’ to delete the selected registry files.
- Now, click on the ‘Exit’ button, take out the CD from your PC and press ‘Enter.’
- Restart your PC and press ‘F8’ until the ‘Startup Options’ menu appears.
- Go to ‘Tools’ and click on the ‘Folders’ option.
- Move on to the ‘View’ tab and expand the hidden files and folders.
- Uncheck the ‘Hide protected Operating System Files’ option and click ‘Yes.’
- Restart your PC and check whether the problem is solved or not.
Solution 3: Run the System File Checker
- Type ‘cmd’ in the search box and press ‘Enter’ to launch the Command Prompt.
- Select ‘Run as Administrator’ and enter ‘sfc/scannow’ in the elevated command.
- System File Checker starts scanning the system files and repairs the corrupted ones.
Solution 5: Perform a System Restore
By performing a system restore, most of the users have fixed this issue. So, perform a system restore by going through the below steps:
- Turn on your PC and press ‘F8’ repeatedly to access the Advanced Boot Options menu.
- Click on ‘Safe mode with Command Prompt’ and hit the ‘Enter’ key.
- Type ‘rstrui.exe’ in the Command Prompt and press ‘Enter’ to restore your system to a previous state when everything was working correctly.
Solution 6: Uninstall Other Security Software
If you find that other security software is conflicting with your Avast software, then you need to uninstall them to fix this issue on your PC.
- Open the Control Panel and select ‘Programs.’
- Navigate to the ‘Programs and Features’ section and select the security software.
- Click on the ‘Uninstall’ button and tap ‘Yes’ on the ‘User Account Control’ window to confirm the action.
- Follow the on-screen wizards to complete the uninstallation process.
- Restart your PC to let the changes take effect.
- Go to Control Panel and select Programs.
Solution 7: Reinstall Windows
It is advised to make a backup of your PC before you try out this solution. Then, you can continue with the steps provided below:
- Click on the ‘Computer’ icon on your desktop and locate the Windows installation disc.
- Place the CD in the optical disc drive and press any key to access the BIOS setup.
- Choose ‘Boot Sequence Order’ and set the boot drive as your CD ROM.
- Accept the license agreement and boot from the Windows installation disk.
- When Windows display the different setup options, customize them as per your need.
Solution 8: Uninstall Avast for Reinstallation
If all the above solutions fail, then the only solution which you can try is uninstalling the Avast software and then reinstalling it again. For that, go through the below steps:
- Go to the Control Panel and expand ‘Programs and Feature’ section.
- Locate ‘Avast,’ select it and click on the ‘Uninstall’ button.
- Click ‘Ok’ to confirm the uninstallation.
- After uninstalling Avast successfully, download its latest version and install it on your PC.
- Run Avast to check that the problem is resolved.
Hope you have tried the solutions mentioned in this article and fixed Avast error code 7005 without hassles. If still, the error persists in your system, then it’s recommended to leave your system on a professional’s hand.