Facing error with the Avast antivirus in your computer? Generally, there is a default antivirus, the Windows Defender which is built-in with your Windows 10. But, sometimes, the users are not completely sure with this antivirus or perhaps they have already got another antivirus operating on their systems like Avast. Therefore, as Avast is widely popular in every corner of the world, it is obvious that it has its own share of glitches too. To mention one which is seen every now and then is when the Avast background service is not running.
Most of the antivirus programs include a background service, which doesn’t function properly, it consequently does not protect your devices as you would want it to be. But do not fear while we are here. Therefore, you can simply go through this article and eradicate this problem with your Avast background service.
Know the Avast Background Service is not running Issue?
The Avast security program consists primarily of its background service. That is regulatory on checking any file for malware. So, the background service is what makes Avast a potentially dangerous antivirus delivering all-around security all the time. But, if it doesn’t work, then the PC is not secured and the malware gets a chance to enter your computer. This is really an annoying issue.
Furthermore, data theft is also a concern for your system if the background process doesn’t seem to work.
Basically, the issue arrives on your computer with the ‘Start now’ and ‘Resolve all’ folder. Though, pressing the button can’t get you clear of this error, the absence of the background process can really land you in a messy situation. So, it is necessary to resolve the error completely. Therefore, we give a guide to solve the error fully. First, take note of some reasons behind an Avast background service issue in your computer. Just go for it.
Few Reasons behind the Avast Background Service Not Running error:
- Antivirus Update Problem – Sometimes the antivirus is needed to be an update. If you skip this completely, there creates an issue. So, update your security software as soon as possible.
- Freezing Issue – No One cannot know how your antivirus is freezing. That complicates the error.
- Blocked Website Problem – When you open many websites for research, you have faced with some websites error. You are bound to block them. As a result, your computer is getting stuck from avast background service not operating error.
- Configuration Problem – The error depends on Configuration settings with the internet, devices, and peripherals for malware protection. When this is not running well, you are a risk of thefts.
Some Fixes for Avast Background Service not running Windows 10
Every error messages in the world have different solutions. All of the below methods are useful for the users. So, you can just read the whole article fast and then, take a decision about the one to select. Also, you can try all the fixes thoroughly. A good thing is that it is necessary to install any software master to apply the procedures.
Fix 1: Run AvastEmUpdate.exe Manually
A famous background updater for Avast security is The AvastEmUpdate.exe program. You can automatically download it with installing the new version of Avast antivirus. Here are a few steps which will help you to solve the error.
- First, go to File Explorer and double click on ‘This PC’ or ‘My computer’ icon on your computer.
- Additionally, navigate to the following way: \Program Files\AVAST Software\Avast\. That folder is an Installation directory of Avast antivirus.
- Now, go to the ‘AvastEmUpdate.exe’ file by double clicking on it.
- Wait for a few minutes and reboot your system.
Additionally, you can see this another process.
- Open the settings app and click ‘App & features’ folder.
- Look out an Avast free antivirus in the right section and enter on it. Then, select on the ‘Modify’ option.
- Now, come a UAC dialog box and press ‘yes’ there to run.
- Also, you will get an Avast application window up on your screen and then, tap on the ‘update’ option. Now, restart your PC to complete the task.
Fix 2: Set Startup Type to Automatic
All running service may be operated from the Windows services management console. In that case, you should look at the all idle and running services. Even, you can modify Startup type to Automatic to gid rid of this problem. Go and watching every step attentively.
- At first, go to the run box by typing ‘Windows key + R’ on your keyboard.
- Then, write ‘services.msc’ there and hit the enter key.
- Now, look for ‘Avast antivirus’ service below the Windows service and select it to go to the Properties.
- Next, modify the ‘Startup type’ to ‘Automatic’ and hit on ‘Apply’ option.
- Press ‘Ok’ and restart your system to finish. Then, check once the error solved or not. If not then, follow below methods.
Fix 3: Reinstall Avast Antivirus
Reinstalling Avast antivirus is one of the best solutions for this error. So, we give you some steps in order to do so:
- First of all, go to the setting app.
- Open the settings app and click ‘App & features’ folder. Then, look out your antivirus on the computer.
- After that, you choose the program and tap on ‘Uninstall’ option. Wait for a few minutes.
- In the other side, go to the Avast antivirus site. Download and install the new version of the antivirus.
If your problem is not getting solved till now, then go to the next set of instructions.
Fix 4: Disable Avast Shield Control
For fixing this irritating issue disabling Avast shield control is another procedure. So focus below steps.
- Go to the Avast icon which is always available in the system.
- Then, click ‘Avast user interface’ option and go to the ‘Avast shields control’.
- Choose ‘Disable until computer is restarted’ button.
- Last, reboot your device and check once the issue.
If you are still getting trouble, go for the next suggestion which will help you to come out of the problem.
Fix 5: Modify & Repair Avast
Using the Repair option in the malware detector in your PC is another solution available for your system. So don’t skip the follow steps and read carefully.
- First, go to the Settings app and operated Apps. Then go to the ‘Apps & Features’ icon.
- Next, find out ‘Avast free antivirus’ option on the right side and press the icon. After that select on the ‘Modify’ option.
- Now, come a UAC dialog box and press ‘yes’ there to run.
- When coming to an Avast application window in the Computer screen, just click on the ‘repair’ button to repair.
- Lastly, restart your Computer and finished the task.
Fix 6: Perform Windows 10 Reset
The software is the cause of the error. Windows 10 reset is performing by following simple steps.
- Restart your PC for few times and press ‘Troubleshoot’.
- Enter the option ‘Remove everything’.
- Click ‘Only the drive where Window is installed’ and also click ‘Just remove my file’.
- Last, enter ‘Reset’ button for completing the process.
Way 7: Perform a Clean Boot
Sometimes the error can be detected by a clean boot. To do that, you follow this instruction carefully.
- Press Windows key and R both and type ‘msconfig’.
- Then, click ‘Ok’ button.
- When a system configuration window appears on the screen, then tap on ‘Selective startup’.
- Go to the service section for checking ‘hide all Microsoft service’ option. Press ‘Disable all’ to disabling.
- Then, open ‘Startup’ section and click ‘Task manager’.
- Next, right click on each item from a given list and choose ‘disable’ from the menu.
- Go back to the system configuration window and select Apply’ and ‘Ok’.
Fix 8: Uninstall XNA on your computer
With no doubt, Microsoft XNA is a useful set of tools which is offered by Microsoft for using video game management and development. Moreover, this is installed on purpose and for other programs including video games.
We just suggest you to this process desperately. For uninstalling XNA, try to follow the steps mentioned below in a proper way. Keep in mind, your account is logged in with an administrator because you can’t remove any program with using other accounts.
- First, go the start menu and select Control panel.
- Additionally, select on the gear icon for opening settings.
- Under Control panel, choose to view as category and tap on ‘Uninstall’ option in the programs section.
- Then, localize XNA in the settings app and tap on ‘uninstall’ icon. Use the same process for any entry.
- Last, confirm it and reboot your operating system. Now, the error is gone.
Hope this fixes your difficulties quickly. All of the procedures are helpful for resolving the Avast background service not running issue. The article helps you to handle the particular situation. Follow our page and share this article if you like it. Keep checking us now and then, in case you face any issue, we try to update later. We hope that Windows 10’s features will be updated gradually and you won’t face any issue in the future.