Adobe is mostly known for its advantage and significant features. If you are using an Adobe application then, you may notice an error code 201 may pop up on your device. Once this Adobe error code 201 appears on your system then you can not do anything with your Adobe app.
This article will help you to fix error code 201 issue on your Windows and a lot of Adobe application users will find this article very helpful and instructive.
What Causes Adobe Error 201?
- Most of the time the error code 201 occurs if you downloaded a faulty or corrupted Adobe application.
- Sometimes if your system is affected by malware or a virus then also this Adobe error code 201 may create trouble for you.
- If by mistake if you remove or delete any Adobe related important file then also this Adobe error 201 occurs on your device
- Your system might be affected by this error 201 code if you use an outdated version of your Adobe application
- Occasionally due to junk files, this error may pop up on your computer
- If you have a slow internet connection then also error 201 may irritate you
Error 201 can be caused by a variety of factors, so it is necessary that you resolve each of the possible causes to stop this error from further occurrence.
Symptoms Of Adobe Error Code 201
Due to the above causes, the error code 201 may trouble you more often. Follow the article with due attention so that once this error 201 occurs on your system, you can identify the symptoms and apply the probable techniques immediately.
- Once the error 201 generates on your system then it will crash the active Windows
- The computer will continuously show error 201 when you want to reaccess your Adobe application
- Error 201 will be displayed on your screen
- Windows become slow and difficult to operate
Now concentrate on the below instructions.
Troubleshoot Adobe Error 201 With Proven Techniques
As there is no proper reason behind this error 201 so it is a little bit tough to find the appropriate troubleshooting technique of this error. But you do not need to worry. In this paragraph, we have listed all the top-rated troubleshooting techniques that can help you to get rid of Adobe error 201.
Method 1- Check Your Net Connection
In the beginning, you must check your internet connection as because sometimes this error 201 generates if you don’t have a secure internet connection on your system. So to resolve this error code make sure that you have a strong network connection. Once you establish a strong network connection check if the Adobe error code still persists when you are trying to operate the Adobe application.
Method 2- Scan Your Device
As mentioned earlier that if your system is affected by any kind of malware virus then the error 201 generates on your device. In such cases, you need to activate the antivirus software and make a full scan of your device.
Two results is possible after the completion of the scanning process. Either, the antivirus detects the harmful files and deletes them by its own or, it will send you an indication immediately and then you should delete the harmful files.
If the scanning process is unable to solve your error code issue then try the next solution.
Method 3- Start Your System On Safe Mode
Starting your system in the Safe mode might be a good option for you. Sometimes minor things can make a lot of changes.
So turn off your computer and then open your device and find if any change is made or not.
Method 4- Check The Router Setup
If the error 201 persists on your machine, then check your router connection. At first, unplug the router and then check if all the network cables are properly connected to the router with your computer. If you find any cable is damaged or missing then replace it with a new one and again reconnect it.
Also, make sure that the USB is connected in a compatible port and if any replacement is required then move the USB to another port.
After that plugin your router and then turn it on to see the changes.
Method 5- Run The System File Checker
Sometimes the Adobe error code 201 can disappear by running the System file checker. To run the system file checker, look at the below-highlighted points.
- At first, go to your home page and click on the Start menu icon
- After that type ‘ Command’ in the search box and then press Enter. After that, a dialog box will appear on your screen.
- Check on the dialog box and click on Yes
- After that, a black box with a blinking cursor will open.
- Now type “sfc /scannow” and after that hit the ENTER button
- System file checker will start scanning for error 201 and other problems
Once the scanning process is complete then restart your computer and check whether you access your Adobe account smoothly or not.
Method 6- Uninstall And Reinstall The Adobe Application
As we have discussed earlier that an outdated Adobe application may be responsible for the occurrence of error 201. So simply you need to launch the new version of your Adobe application.
For doing this, at first, select the Adobe application then click on the Uninstall button and your Adobe application will be removed from your system.
Now for reinstalling the Adobe application go to the manufacturer’s website and select the application that you want to install. After that following the on-screen instructions click on the OK button and for the completion of the installation process.
If you are not comfortable with this method then, try the next process.
Method 7- Repair The Registry
If you have already applied the above six methods but unfortunately none of them can fix your issue, in that case, you should try to repair your Window registry key. To repair your registry key manually follow the below instructions:
- At first, click on the Start button
- After that type ‘Command’ on the search field then hit on the Enter button
- Then a new page with a black box appears on your screen
- Now type “regedit” and then hit the ENTER option
- On the Registry Editor, choose the Adobe Error 201-related key that you want to back up
- Now from the File menu, you should choose the Export options
- After that go to the File Name box, command a name for the backup file,
- Then click on the Save option
Now your registry keys will be repaired and then exit from the page.
Restart your device and now you can access your Adobe application smoothly.
Hope now it is clear to you how to troubleshoot Adobe error 201 within a very little time.