Nowadays, Acer laptop is one of the well-known laptop brands in the market. The speakers of these gadgets provide a limited quality playback. Acer gives a wide variety of computers both laptops and desktops for laptop addiction. With powered computer speakers, most of them are already installed an audio jack into the computer. Even there is no special experience or technical expertise to make connection speakers to an Acer computer. But, Acer speakers stop sometimes while it is running a program on your device. This error can be an obstacle for users. Therefore, here are some tricks to fix Acer speakers not working issue on Windows 10. Just try to read the article fast and then apply the steps properly.
The Common Audio Problems On Windows 10:
- You can’t listen to any sound from the computer.
- Sometimes, sounds are obstructed and play abnormally.
- Often your computer suddenly stops when you hear a sound.
- You get the error message when trying to play a sound such as WAV sound playback error, MIDI output error, and no wave device that can play any files in the current format is installed.
- After upgrading to Windows 10 there is no HDMI sound.
- The sound is not running on Windows 10 boot camp.
Some Causes Of Acer Speakers Not Working Windows 10:
- An outdated Windows- The sound driver is damaged due to Windows 10 update. There are many issues that Microsoft has confirmed. It is said that Windows 10 update might remove any apps and driver because it is not fitted with it.
- An outdated sound driver- Though the audio driver and sound card driver are outdated, it doesn’t work properly.
- Sound Settings problem- There is a huge change in sound settings when Windows 10 is installed.
- Hardware issue- The problem is affected by a hardware problem with the sound card.
- Otherwise, the sound is turned off mistakenly.
A Few Tricks To Solve Acer Speakers Not Working On Windows 10
Nowadays, among all issues, no sound on Windows 10 is a really annoying one. Here are some proper solutions you can try. Fortunately, you don’t need to try them all. Just go to the top of the list and work your own path.
Fix 1: To Install the best-matched sound driver
While you notice a no sound issue on your computer, first check the sound driver to whether it is in a proper condition. If the sound driver is more compatible with Windows 10, then it is okay. But if it is not compatible, then you should uninstall it fast and then installed a proper sound driver. Though there have been some problems then the drive is not working properly. To solve this problem, we have to concentrate on your sound driver. Then, you install the best-matched audio driver on your Windows 10. The most popular Acer audio drivers are Creative sound card driver, open sound card driver, ATI sound card driver, CIRRUS LOGIC sound card driver, Intel sound card driver, Conexant sound card driver, ESI sound card driver, IDT sound card driver, Realtek sound card driver, THX sound card driver, VIA HD audio driver, Notebook audio driver. These help you with installing.
Fix 2: To Modify Speaker Properties
After installing the audio driver, there is no issue on sound. But still, there are some problems to hear the sound, then you have to modify speaker properties.
- At first, you tap ‘Sound’ icon at the bottom right-hand corner and you select on the ‘Playback device’ icon.
- Then, double click on ‘Speaker’ option that is elected by default below the playback folder and goes to its properties.
- Below the speaker properties, taping advanced tab on pressing, you change bit rate to either 24 bit/44100 Hz or 24 bit/192000Hz.
- Press ‘Apply’ option, then click ‘Ok’ to save. Check whether your sound is solved or not.
Fix 3: To Resolve With Window Audio Troubleshooting
Troubleshooting is a problem-solving procedure that is found correct issues with the machine, computer, software system, etc. You can also use the audio troubleshooter, allowing Windows 10 to fix its own problems. When you do this process, please follow these steps: Control Panel > Troubleshooting > Troubleshoot audio playback.
Fix 4: To Update IDT High Definition Audio CODEC
Some systems may face some issues including their IDT high definition Audio CODEC. This can be stable with a manual driver update. For updating, first, go to the Start menu and select ‘Device Manager’. Then you expand the Sound, video games and controllers section. If you look out IDT High Definition Audio CODEC, tapping on it and press on ‘Update Driver Software’ option. After that, you choose to Browse my computer for driver software. Then pick any driver from the given lists.
Fix 5: To Recheck Your Windows Sound Settings
We start to move on to the more complicated fixes. So you make sure that your Windows sound isn’t muted. You can follow this instruction: You press at the right side on the ‘Speaker’ icon. Then click on ‘Open volume mixer’. When the little red circle is appeared then tap on it to unmute. When you are doing this following instructions, check that all cables, plugs, speaker and headphone connections and any other audio connections are very well.
Fix 6: Update Drivers
Take a look at this process. This is the last one. Updating the driver is separated and thus, can be pursued in two ways. They are:
Automatic Driver Update
After installing a compatible driver for your PC, follow the below instructions:
- First, tap & hold ‘Windows Key + R’.
- Write ‘devmgmt.msc’ in the run box and tap Enter key.
- Then, localize ‘Sound, video and game controllers’ by double-clicking on it.
- After that, go to your audio device and choose ‘Update Driver Software’ option.
- Select ‘Search automatically for updated driver software’ by right-clicking it in the appeared window. The procedure is done now.
Manual Driver Update
If the automatic update does not affect the issue, then try to follow a manual update of the drivers. Let’s check out below thoroughly.
- First of all, open the manufacturer’s website.
- Next, download a compatible driver. Then, keep and hold Windows Key and R at the same time.
- Write ‘devmgmt.msc’ in the run box and then tap on Enter key.
- Then, localize ‘Sound, video and game controllers’ by double-click on it.
- After that, go to your audio device and choose ‘Update Driver Software’ option.
- Select ‘Browse my computer for driver software’ folder by pressing it and clicking the ‘Browse’ option beside the folder.
- Lastly, tap on ‘Next’ and restart your device to finish the procedure.
Fix 7: To Check Up on The Connection
First, check the speaker and headphone connection very well. There is a high chance of the cable and cords getting disconnected. Then, check the power level and try to turn up the volume level up. Also, you check all physical connections like the wire connection between the system and speakers. If you do not check the connection at first, then many sound problems occur. If all cables are well, look at the updated Windows section below.
Fix 8: To Update Windows
This process is a simple one but quite obvious. Windows update is quite problematic because it comes with some problem. It is hard to be updated. If you updated, then follow this ways: Setting > Update & Security > Windows update.
Fix 9: To Turn Off Audio Enhancement
If you turn off Audio Enhancement then, follow this way-
At first, open ‘Sound’ button from the ‘Start’ menu and tap on ‘Sound Control Panel’ option. Then open a playback tab and select properties. Then select the option ‘Disable all Enhancement’. Now you can play your song. If your issue is not solved now, then jump to the next step.
Fix 10: Deleting Spectrum Folder
Since the issue is affected by the Windows Spectrum, remove the spectrum folder fast.
- First, tap and hold ‘Windows Key+E’ at the same time.
- Tap on ‘View’ option and press ‘Hidden Items’ to hide the ProgramData folder.
- In the address bar, write ‘c:\Programdata\Microsoft\Spectrum’ in the address bar localize at the top-mid of the file Explorer. Then, tap Enter Key.
- Next, find out the folder ‘PresistedSpatialAnchors’ and right-click on it.
- Then, press ‘Delete’ option and click ‘Ok’.
- Lastly, restart your computer to complete the process and check the issue once.
Fix 11: Trying Different Audio Formats
As the unintentional change in the audio format, the issue is caused. But there are multiple audio formats on the computer. Therefore, you have to try all audio formats until the error is resolved. A few steps for modifying your audio format.
- First, tap ‘Sound’ icon by right-clicking on it and choosing ‘Playback device’.
- Additionally, choose your audio device with a green tick sign and then ‘Properties’ option too.
- And choose ‘Advanced’ option.
- Then, choose a format from a given list like ‘16 bit, 44100 Hz’.
- Press ‘Apply’ and choose ‘Ok’ by clicking it. Now check the issue.
Take A Note:
The sound problems can be overcome by these Acer laptop troubleshooting techniques. Basically sound is one of the most necessary features. Hence, in this article, we attempted at shortlisting the causes behind Acer speakers not working issue Windows 10 and laid down some tried and tested solutions too. Don’t jump any procedure for your success. Keep yourself connected with us and share it with others if you like.