The moment there’s something goes wrong with the BIOS of your computer, you might encounter the 0xc00000e9 error code on it. Being one of the most common error for Windows 10, there are several solutions to it. This is an error that mainly appears due to some issues with the hardware on the device.
When the system is having some trouble in order to communicate with the hard drive, you might fall into this erroneous situation. Sometimes, there might be other causes that hold the responsibility behind the occurrence of this error. Whatsoever, here in this article, we are here to discuss all the solutions to solve it.
Solutions to Resolve Error Code 0xc00000e9 from the System
There are certain solutions that you can try in order to solve the 0xc00000e9 Windows 7, 8, and 10. If you properly follow all five of them, then it is certain that you are going to get rid of the annoying error. You only need to work your way down until you fix the error.
Solution 1 – Check the Hardware Compatibility
Majority of the time, users are able to fix the error by checking the compatibility of the hardware they have attached to their computers. If you have some kind of external devices that you have connected to your computer, then it might cause you the error 0xc00000e9 on it. External devices such as the external hard drive or USB flash drives might be the prime reason why you are facing the error.
However, you can remove all these devices and then check for the error whether it exists on the system or not. You should also make sure that you haven’t removed the mouse and keyboard from the computer. In case, you find that the error isn’t appearing any longer on the system, then try to attach the external devices again.
If you are seeing the same error again after connecting the device to your computer, then it means that the device has something wrong in it. In such a situation, you can either remove the device from the computer entirely or replace it with another one. Afterward, the 0xc00000e9 windows 10 will not occur anymore on the system in the future.
Solution 2 – Change the BIOS Settings
The next thing you can do to solve the error is to change the BIOS settings on the system of your Windows PC. You can do so in the boot menu of your computer that requires the hard-drive to restart the system. In the boot menu, you have to change the settings to fix the error 0xc00000e9. There are certain steps that you can follow for changing the BIOS settings on your computer.
- Restart your PC and get to the Boot menu from where you can open the BIOS settings. Each manufacturer has a different way to open its BIOS setting from the Boot menu. However, it generally comes with the ESC, Delete, F2, or F12 key and to know the exact key for opening the BIOS settings, you should go through the user manual.
- Once the BOS Setup Utility opens up, you need to switch to the Boot tab in the menu and perform further steps.
- Change the first boot device to the Hard drive of your computer if it’s not set so. You can do that by pressing the Enter key after selecting the first boot device. After that, you can change it to the hard drive and again hit the Enter key to set it as your first boot device.
Finally, save your changes by pressing the F10 function key and hit the Enter key to continue. Once you are done with the steps, you can check for the appearance of the error on the system. If it’s still there, then follow the next solution.
Solution 3 – Update the Device Drivers
Updating the device drivers to their latest versions helped so many users get rid of the error code 0xc00000e9. There might be certain problems with the software because of which the hardware faces trouble communicating with the system.
Therefore, it’s very important to check if the device drivers are causing any kind of problem. Any kind of error can easily be fixed by updating the driver to its latest version. The simple steps that will help you update the drivers to their latest versions are given below.
- Open the Device Manager by searching for the same from the Windows Search menu that you can bring on by pressing the Windows key.
- From the list of search of results, select the Device Manager and open it by clicking on it.
- Thereafter, select the device whose driver you want to update and right-click on it to continue.
- After that, select the Update Driver Software option from the queue window and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the update process.
In this way, you can easily solve the error that you have been facing by updating the device driver. You can repeat the four steps for all the device drivers you want to update.
Solution 4 – With the Windows PE, Try to Fix the MBR
You might face the error in situations like where you have installed the Windows on your computer without setting up the Master Boot Record or MBR. This might be another reason that can cause 0xc00000e9 Windows 7 error if you are using this OS. Due to the same reason, it might appear on the other versions of Windows as well. Nevertheless, with the help of a few steps, you can easily set up MBR on the C: drive.
- Connecting the hard drive with the computer would be the first thing to do that has Windows PE on it.
- After that, launch the Windows PE on your computer and from there, set the C drive as the MBR to fix the prevailing error.
- Furthermore, reboot your computer and reinstall the Windows OS to make the changes successful.
In this way, you can fix the error on your computer and prevent it from appearing in the future. With the steps mentioned above, you can fix the MBR with the Windows PE and if the error is still appearing on the system, then follow the next fix.
Solution 5 – Run the Disk Check Utility in the Safe Mode
If there are some problems with the disk of your computer, then disk check is the ultimate thing you can do. It would be the only solution to get rid of the 0xc00000e9 error code on your computer. If you are not certain about the steps of running the Disk Check utility, then go through the following section.
- Boot your computer in Safe Mode and after that open the Command Prompt by typing the same in the Windows Search menu.
- After that, from the list of search results, right-click on it and select Run as Administrator from the queue window to open it with the Administrative access.
- Once you have opened the Command Prompt (Admin), type in “chkdsk /f /r” and then continue with the process by pressing the Enter key.
- Afterward, press Y and again hit the Enter key to start the Disk check utility on the system.
These steps will start scanning the entire disk drive for any kind of error and if it finds any, then it will solve them. Within the safe mode, a lot of functions get disabled and if you run the Disk Check utility in this mode, the issue will definitely get resolved.
Summing Things Up
With the solutions and the steps discussed in them, you should be able to solve the 0xc00000e9 error code by yourself. Follow the instructions and choose the steps wisely as they can help you not only solve the error but also prevent it from appearing any longer on the system. Throughout the article, you have learned various aspects of the error code along with its solutions. We don’t think after reading the article, you’d need any more help from anywhere else. Hope, it helped you find the solutions you have been looking for on the internet for a while. Thank you.