Are you often encountering “File contained a virus and was deleted” message when you try to download any file from the internet? Then, probably your system is infected with a rootkit. This Zero access rootkit threat mostly occurs in Internet Explorer as well.
This is basically a trojan virus that can invite other malware, and junk files that not only allow hackers to steal your personal data and information but also can damage your whole system.
So, this is very important to remove this file from your system as soon as possible from more damage. To remove this infection from your system you can follow below methods carefully that are stated below.
Delete File Contained a Virus and was Deleted Virus (Step by Step Guide)
If you are continuously notified with file contained a virus and was deleted message and worried how to get rid of this then, check out all the methods that are stated here. But before that, you can try these steps manually and check if the issue gets resolved.
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del at the same time and open Task manager. Search this file contained a virus and was deleted process and right-click on it to delete them.
- Open the Control panel and find out the Folder options page. Now, go to the View tab and check show hidden files and folder and uncheck the Hide protected operating system files(Recommended) and press the OK button
- Run as Administrator.
- Delete other security software from your system.
Change Internet Explorer Security Settings
To delete this virus from your system the first and foremost thing that you can do is to try to change the security settings of the internet explorer. To do so follow these steps:
- First, click on the Start logo and type in the search panel Internet Explorer.
- Select Internet Explorer from the result.
- Now, click on the Tools button>Internet options>Security tab.
- Click on the zone icon and configure the security level by moving the slider as per your requirement.
- After that click on the Custom level and get a zone for your individual security settings.
- Click on Reset all zones to default level button and restore all the security levels to their initial stages.
- Now, check if you can download any file.
Rename Windows Defender
Sometimes you might get this error message if the ZeroAccess rootkit will corrupt your Windows defender. In this case, you have to rename it temporarily to stop this message. Then, check out the below procedures-
- Click on the Start button from your keyboard and select Computer and then click on Local Disk (C:).
- Now click on Program files and find out Windows defender.
- Right-click on Windows Defender and click on Rename.
- Give a unique file name like Windows Defender.old and check whether you can download files or not.
While renaming if you face any issue then you can try these steps-
Before you rename the folder turn off Windows defender and disable Windows defender service from the service pages.
After following above steps if the issue still persists then take your system in safe mode and try to rename windows defender folder.
Changes a Registry Keys Value
If you want to download a file without getting this error message then you can try out this method.
Press Windows +R from your keyboard and get a run Window.
- Now type in this run box REGEDIT and press the Enter option.
- Once you see a registry Window and change some data values-
- Open the below path and change “ScanWithAntiVirus” value data to 1 HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Attachments\ScanWithAntivirus”
- Now, check if you can download the file.
Hopefully, after using these methods you will not see “File contained a virus and was deleted” message and able to download files. All these above-mentioned steps you need to apply with sufficient expertise. If you mess up any one of them then it can cause other issues as well.
Always remember to use strong antivirus to protect your systems from any kind of threats in the future. If you find this article helpful for you to share your experiences in the comment section below.