When you are trying to play a video or audio directly from the webpage, sometimes, you can get an error message which displays “ Error loading player: No playable sources found”. If and when this error message appears, you will be unable to stream any video online. Especially, this behavior is observed, when the audio and video files get affected. Moreover, a corrupt or outdated Adobe Flash Player can also be responsible for this annoying situation. Another main reason behind this error is an outdated web browser. Apart from that, sometimes browser cache prevents the video from running online, properly. Even a poor network connection is also responsible for this frustrating situation.
If you are also getting the same message while streaming online videos, fix the issue instantly with the fixes stated in the section below. Here, in this article, we have mentioned some absolutely effective solutions which will help you resolve the problem in no time. And after that, you can stream videos online without any glitches.
Most Effective Solutions for the Error Message “Error Loading Player: No Playable Sources Found”
Hope, now you understand what the reasons behind the error message “Error Loading Player: No Playable Sources Found” are. Now, let’s talk about how you deal with this situation. Here, we are going to discuss the procedures to resolve the issue. Hence, keep your eyes on the solutions and apply them accordingly.
Fix 1: Update the Adobe Flash Player
As we discussed in the earlier section, the main cause behind this annoying error message is using an outdated Adobe Flash Player. Hence, you need to update the Adobe Flash Player to get rid of this situation. To do so, go through the following section.
- Launch the Adobe Flash Player on your device and move to the Settings option.
- In the Settings option, you will find Check for Update option. Click on that. Make sure that you have a stable internet connection on your computer.
- It will automatically check whether an updated version is available or not. If an updated version is available, it will start downloading the fresh version.
- When the downloading process gets completed, install the latest version of Adobe Flash Player. After that, try to play a video and check whether the error message still appears or not.
Fix 2: Reinstall the Abode Flash Player on your Device
If the updated version of Adobe Flash Player is unable to fix the issue, then you need to uninstall the program and install it again. Sometimes, reinstalling the program might solve the error message ‘error loading player: no playable sources found’. Hence, try the following steps to fix the issue.
At first, press the Start button and select the Control Panel option. After that, move to the Programs and Features option and double-click on it to expand.
Now, go to the Programs option. Here, you will find all the programs that are installed on your device. Locate Adobe Flash Player from the list and right-click on it.
A drop-down menu will appear on the system screen. Select Uninstall from the list. Thus, you can remove the program from the system.
When the uninstallation process completes, restart the system and open the Adobe Flash Player download page.
Press the Download option. It allows the Download Manager to download the important files. Then try to check out the prompts to install Flash Player. Now the process is complete.
If you still get the same error message, then try another solution that is stated in the section below.
Fix 3: Clear the Internet Browser Cache
As we know, the browser cache is also responsible behind this error message. Hence, you need to delete the browser’s cache to resolve the “playable source not found” issue. This is an easy task for you. To perform the action,
- At first, launch the web browser on your device and go to the Menu option. After that, select the Settings option.
- From the Settings option, scroll down and click on the Advanced option.
- In the Advanced option, you will find the Clear Browsing Data option. Click on that. Hit the OK option to confirm the action.
After clearing the Browser’s cache, try to play a video or audio file on the web browser. Now it should run smoothly.
Fix 4: Update the Browser
The error message mainly pop-up when you open any video file on the web browser. Hence, you should update the web browser. Because an outdated web browser might lead you in this situation. Therefore, to update the web browser, go through the instructions mentioned underneath.
- In the beginning, launch the web browser on your device and go to the Menu option. A drop-down menu will appear on the system screen.
- Select Help option from the list and click the About ABC( in place of ABC, type the Web browser name).
- It will automatically check whether an updated version is available or not. If available, then download the latest version and install it on your device.
After successfully installing the updated version, relaunch the web browser and check the status of the error message, error loading player: no playable sources found.
Fix 5: Add Flash Exceptions
Another effective solution to fix the issue is to set up the Flash exception in the web browser. To do so, at first, launch the web browser on your device and move to the Settings option. From the Settings option, go to the Content > Flash section. Now, press the Enter button. After that, click on the Add option and hit Allow. When the process completes, reopen the web browser and check whether the problem gets solved or not.
Fix 6: Check for Windows Update
Sometimes, updating the Operating System of Windows helps you get rid of this issue. Hence, try to update the Windows Operating System to run the video on the webpage smoothly. Follow the steps below.
- At first, open the Start menu and move to the Control Panel option. After that, go to the Windows Update option from the System and Security section.
- When you tap on the Windows update icon, it will automatically check whether an updated version is available or not.
- If yes, click OK to download the fresh version of the Windows Operating System. When the process is complete, restart the system and now you should be able to easily run the video on the webpage.
Fix 7: Enter the Safe Mode with Networking
A third-party application is also responsible for this issue. If you have recently added an application in the web browser extension, you need to test your browser in the Safe Mode. Moreover, when you open the web browser to launch in Safe Mode, by default, all the applications and software will get turned off. Hence, you can try this procedure also. Here we have provided the steps to reboot your device into Safe Mode with Networking.
- At first, open the Run window by pressing Windows key + R at the same time. In the Run box, type msconfig and hit the Enter button.
- System Configuration tab will appear on the system screen. Select the Boot tab from the option. Under the Boot option, select the Safe boot box.
- Also, you should check the network features of your device. Click OK to save the changes and then restart your device.
Here we have discussed some important techniques to resolve the error message ‘error loading player: no playable sources found’. Simply read the article carefully and apply the fixes as instructed. After performing the above solutions you should be able to fix the issue easily and can watch video files directly from the web page. Nevertheless, do not forget to share your valuable feedback with us in the comment section provided below.