Have you been trying to boot your computer which is really proving to be a challenge? Are you getting the error code 0xc000000f error code popping up on the screen? Then, this is the page that you ought to be on.
Numerous users complain that the code 0xc000000f bothers them much to the point that they cannot even boot their system. As this issue has been getting on the nerves of the users lately, they are seeking the easiest ways of respite. Hence, we are here with this post as usual which would fix the error code ASAP. But, first, let’s learn a bit about the error and why it occurs.
The Manifestation of the Error and its Reasons
It is a long since the BOOTMGR Bootloader is first incorporated by the Microsoft Corporation. Sometimes, it happens when the BCD file goes missing somehow. Now, in these situations, you might see an annoying error message which will halt the booting process. If you are using Windows Vista or Windows 7, then you can see this message at the startup screen:
Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause. To fix the problem:
- Insert your Windows installation disc and restart your computer.
- Choose your language settings, and then click “Next.”
- Click “Repair your computer.”
If you do not have this disc, contact your system administrator or computer manufacturer for assistance.
Info: An error occurred while attempting to read the boot configuration data.
However, if you are using a version newer than that, like if you are in Windows 8, Windows 8.1 or Windows 10, then you will get this error message as:
Your PC needs to be repaired
The Boot Configuration Data for your PC is missing or contains errors.
Error code: 0xc000000f
You’ll need to use the recovery tools on your installation media. If you don’t have any installation media(like a disc or USB device), contact your system administrator or PC manufacturer.
Now, before jumping directly to solutions, you might be interested in learning the causes of such an error. So, here they are:
- The BCD file, if it goes Corrupt or Missing
- When the File System Integrity has gone Compromised
- The Data Cables of the HDD Gone Bad
Once you are well-versed with the causes, let’s delve into the solutions.
Eliminate Error Code 0xc000000f from your Computer with Effective Methods
As you have gone through the reasons, you need some robust ideas to wipe this error off your system. But wait a little while so that you don’t go through yet another misfortune trying and applying any wrong method. Therefore, carry on with the solutions:
Solution 1: Check whether any Additional Devices are Plugged in
Here, the very first thing that you need to watch out for is whether you have got multiple unnecessary devices plugged into your system. It is because any additional devices can cause this particular error. So, ensure that any recent devices like USB drives, CDs, DVDs, and memory card readers are not the culprits.
Solution 2: Go for the Windows Startup Repair Process to Repair the BOOTMGR
Hopefully, you are already equipped with the Windows Setup DVD or a Bootable USB Drive. If you don’t have them already, then you can download a Windows installation file and create a bootable media.
Remember, a Startup Repair is one rock-solid solution to many problems. And besides that, it also helps you scan for the corrupted or missing files and replace them. Thus, follow the steps to apply this method appropriately:
- In the first step, you need to insert the Windows Setup disc in your computer and then reboot it.
- Here, select the correct device that you want to boot your computer with.
- If you see a message that states, “Press any key to boot from CD or DVD” you just have to press any key therein.
- After the Windows Setup loads fully, click on the button which says Next to start the process.
- Now, as you see “Repair your computer”, select the option promptly rather than click on “Install Now”.
- Next, go for the option Troubleshoot and under it, click on the Startup Repair tab that you will see.
- You will get to see that the Startup Repair tool is scanning your system and correcting them while visiting the errors.
- After it is done, reboot the computer and check whether the error still persists.
Solution 3: Go for a Manual Rebuild of the BCD File
If you already tried the Startup Repair steps and still facing the error code 0xc000000f, then you can opt for manually remaking the BCD data file.
For this, go with the same instructions to boot into the Windows Setup and then, choose Command Prompt from the other options. Once you have done that, execute the command bootrec /rebuildbcd on your computer.
This will help in rebuilding the BCD file along with scanning for the Windows installation. Finally, reboot the computer and check if the error still persists or not.
These methods will help you to get rid of the nagging error code 0xc000000f permanently. If after trying any other innovative steps you eliminate this particular error, you can let other users know it through our comments section below. Furthermore, if you find our solutions good, or maybe, not up to the mark or not working at all, then let us be aware of that too. Post in the comments section all of your opinions. We will be awaiting your feedback.