Error 0xc00d36c4 is one of the common issues which is often encountered by the Windows user, especially while trying to open the Media and Video file. However, this error code also appears due to the wrong file or corrupted file as well. Sometimes, this problem might occur due to the malfunctioning of the Windows Application Store on the system. Many users have reported that they see this error code even after installing the Operating System or a major update. So, if you also find this issue on the system then stay with this article. Here, you will get to know all the solving processes for this particular error code. After doing all these methods you can quickly eliminate this error code without much effort.
Prominent Methods to Solve Error 0xc00d36c4:
Now we are going to tell you about some of the effective and useful methods that can help you to get rid of the error 0xc00d36c4 occurring on the system in no time. Hence, delay no more and jump into the steps right now.
Method 1 – Disable the Copy Protection in Windows Media Player
Sometimes, the error code 0xc00d36c4 arises when the copy protection in Windows Media player feature is turned on. So you should turn it off from your computer. To fix this problem follow the steps hereunder:
- At first, press the Windows + S keys together on the keyboard to open the Search Panel.
- When the Search box opens, type Media Player and then hit the Enter button.
- In the Media Player window, you can locate the Organize section, select it. After that, click on the Options button to open it.
- In the Options window, move the mouse to the Rip Music section, select it.
- From that tab, you can mark on the Copy Protect Music option. After that, you can select the Apply button and then click on the OK button.
Method 2 – Try to Move the Music File
When you see the music file is not opened and still you are getting the error 0xc00d36c4 on your PC then you need to transfer the music file to another folder. To do that follow the steps:
- Firstly, you can move the music file from external storage to internal storage.
- If this file is located to the internal storage then try to move it to the default Windows Music Library.
- Once you are done, check whether the error code is eliminated or not.
Method 3 – Playback Settings Misconfiguration
If the Playback settings are being changed then this error code also arises on your PC. So, you have to change it. The following steps will help you:
- First of all, right-click on the Sound icon which is located at the bottom right side corner.
- In the menu list, you can select the Playback Devices button.
- From the Sound window, you can see the Speaker button, click on it and then select the Configure button.
- In the next window, the Audio channels list will open. Select the audio channel one-by-one and then select the Test button.
- If you see the error message ‘Failed to play test tone’ appears then you can try another channel.
- Once you are done, then select the Next button. After that, unselect the speaker which is unable to play the sound.
- After doing all these steps, close the window and then try to open the music file.
Method 4 – Run the Troubleshooter
By performing the troubleshooter you can also get rid of this error code from the device. To perform this tool follow the steps which are mentioned below:
- Firstly, you need to hold down the Windows button and at the same press the S key to launch the Search box.
- In the Search box, type Troubleshooter and press the Enter key.
- When the Troubleshooter window opens, find the music file, click on it and then select the Run the troubleshooter button to start the process. You have to carefully follow the on-screen directions to finish the troubleshooting process. Now the troubleshooter will find the problem and automatically fix the problem that you have found.
- Once the process is completed, reboot the system and then check if the music file opens without any hassle.
Method 5 – Install the VLC Media Player
If you do not have the VLC Media player application then immediately install it and then check whether the error code 0xc00d36c4 shows up or not. To install the VLC player follow the steps cited below:
- Navigate to the official website of VLC Media player.
- In that window, find the latest version of the VLC Media Player application and then select the Download button.
- After completing this download file, install it. When you install it on your computer you must follow the onscreen instructions carefully.
- Once it is installed, right-click on the music file and then select the VLC Media Player button to open that file and check if it opens or not.
Method 6 – Perform the System Restore
After performing the above-mentioned methods if this error code still appears then you need to use this method to solve this error in no time. You have to perform the System Restore. Hence, follow these steps:
- At first, press the Win + R buttons to lunch the Run box.
- Type System Restore in the Run dialog box and then hit the Enter button or click on the OK option.
- From System Restore window, select the System Restore button.
- After that, select the Music file that you want to restore.
- In the next window, read the term and conditions and then select the Next button. After that, click on the Finish button.
- Now the system restore process has begun. Once it completes, you can simply reboot the system and then try to open the music file.
We hope the solutions that we have provided to resolve the error 0xc00d36c4 on the Windows system will help you to resolve the error. Go through these methods and perform step-by-step on your computer to overcome this situation. In case if you face any problem, it is always wise to talk to an expert.