The Malwarebytes is actually being used to scan and remove all the malicious software as well as spyware. But sometimes the users also get some errors in it, one of the most popular being Malwarebytes checking for updates stuck. There are many users which report the same error in their PC and laptops with Malwarebytes. There are many reasons responsible for the occurrence of this error. Some of the popular ones are the incomplete installation of the software, errors while installing this software on your PC. If you are one of them who is encountering this issue, then this is the time to put an end to your worries. In this article, we are going to discuss the possible methods to solve the Malwarebytes problem.
You should follow the necessary steps when your Malwarebytes stuck on checking for an update. These are:
- You have to run the Windows Defender for detecting the actual problem.
- Also, you need to run the command. At first, you should select the “Run as administrator” option for opening the Antimalware program. After that, you need to give a click on the update link and “check for updates” option.
- A new page will open to you and from this page, you have to open the “detection and protection” page. After doing all these things, you need to click the scan button and then find the application and now, you have to copy the link address.
- You can also remove the application and install it again and then the antimalware problem will be removed.
Best Methods to Troubleshoot and Fix Malwarebytes Stuck On Checking For Updates Issue
Though there are many causes that might be the reason behind the occurrence of Malwarebytes stuck on checking for updates error on your PC, it is easy to solve it with some efficient methods. Now, we will start a brief discussion of the solutions one-by-one and you should follow these methods below in order to fix the Malwarebytes problem.
Method 1: Clean And Reinstall The Malwarebytes
This is the first process which we are going to discuss to resolve Malwarebytes stuck on checking for updates issue.
- Firstly, in the search bar, you need to type “regedit” and you have to press the Windows Key and R key at the same time to open the run dialog box.
- In this dialog box, you should type the previous command “regedit” and then click on the Enter button. After doing all these things, you have to use one of the locations for retrieving the ID. Now, basically, it depends upon the architecture of the computer which means the location for 32-bit is “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware” and another location for 64-bit “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware”.
- After retrieving the ID and key, you need to continue with the removal process.
- Now, you have to open the MBAM and then click on the “deactivate” option. After that, you should open the settings option and then uncheck the box next to the “Enable self-protection module” mode. Now, you have to close the program and download the mbam-clean.exe tool from the site of the Malwarebytes. Then, you need to close all the open programs and disable the antivirus temporarily. After doing all these things, you have to run the “mbam-clean.exe tool” and at the same, you should follow the instructions which are showing on the screen. Now, you have to reboot the computer. After rebooting, you need to download the newest version of MBAM from the particular site and then you should install it.
Method 2: Run The Computer Again
This is a very common process which we are going to discuss. In this step, you have to give a right-click on the “Malwarebytes system tray” icon which is located at the bottom-left corner of the screen. Then, you have to click the “Quit Malwarebytes” options. After doing this, you need to open the Malwarebytes again and in this way, your problem will be solved.
Method 3: Update to The Latest Malwarebytes
We know that some outdated things related to a computer might be the reason behind some basic problems. So, it is important to install the updated version if available. If your Malwarebytes stuck on the Windows checking then you should check for an update. If it is available, then you must install it in order to avoid the problem.
According to the Malwarebytes, when any latest version of the Malwarebytes is available then a popup message will open to you. So, when you see this message on the screen, you have to click the “install now” option for installing the updated version of the Malwarebytes.
But if you do not receive any message or notification for an update then, you have to update the Malwarebytes manually. At first, you need to give a double-click on the desktop icon of the Malwarebytes and open. After opening, you have to find the “Application tab” in the settings option. Then, you should click on the “Application Updates” option in the Application tab. Now, it starts updating successfully and after updating, there are higher chances that your problem might get solved.
Method 4: Uninstall The MBAM Web Protection Driver
This is another way through which you can solve the Malwarebytes problem. At first, you have to right-click on the “Malwarebytes system tray” icon which is located at the bottom right corner of the Window. Then, you need to click on the “Quit Malwarebytes” option. After that, you have to give a right-click on the “command prompt” and select the “Run as administrator” option. When this window will open to you then, you have to copy and paste a particular command and after that, you have to click the Enter button.
After doing all these things, you have to again start the computer. Then, you should reopen the Malwarebytes. Afterward, you need to navigate to the protection tab which you will find in the settings tab. From there, you need to check the “Real-Time Protection” section. Now, you have to move the slider ON and check whether the problem is solved or not.
Method 5: Start Again The MBAM Service
If you are following this step then, you have to press the Ctrl key, Shift key, and the Esc key at the same time. This will open the Task Manager. After opening the Task Manager, you need to find the “MBAMService.exe entry” from the list. Here, one thing you should keep in your mind that, if you find multiple entries then you have to right-click on them. Then, select the End task option from the context. Now, you need to click on the Yes option and after that, you have to click on the “New” option. Then, type “MBAMService.exe” in the “Run new Task windows”. After doing all these things, you have to again restart the computer and check if the problem is solved or not.
So, we have discussed all the possible solutions that one can implement in order to solve the Malwarebytes scan stuck on checking for updates issue. As the solutions have been provided in easy terms, hope you can easily understand the instructions. You should go through the instructions one by one carefully. Then, if you have any doubt regarding this problem then feel free to ask for a technician’s help in solving the problem.