Dropbox is a service that hosts several files of a company or some businesses. Even an individual can create an account and put his/her files into this host This service was created by ‘Dropbox Inc’. The company offers a lot of different products like ‘cloud storage’, client software, file synchronization etc.
Dropbox has two plans one is the ‘Basic’ and the other is ‘Plus’. The basic plan gives 2GB of storage space when a user creates an account and it is free. If the storage space is not enough, then go for the ‘Plus’ plan. This plan has 1TB storage space and you will have to purchase it for a certain amount. Along with more storage space, you get many kinds of features also. Dropbox service makes a folder in your machine to see the files that you have synchronized with the other machines and servers. Despite having so many features and capabilities this service can give many errors. One such error, that you can get is the Dropbox error 400.
Why Does This Error Happen
This section provides various reasons on the occurrence of the Dropbox error 400.
- You can get this error while you attempt to upload any files on to the Dropbox.
- Due to an interruption during the download process, you can get this issue.
- If some programs relative to Dropbox got deleted somehow then also there is a possibility for you go encounter this very glitch.
- Even if the installation of Dropbox is not done properly then you can face this issue.
In the next section, you will get the solutions to solve this issue.
Solutions For The Dropbox Error 400
In this section, you will get various steps that will help you to know how to fix Dropbox error 400.
There are basically five steps to solve this problem which are as follows.
Remove And Reinstall Dropbox On The Machine
If you want to solve this issue very quickly then the best solution is to remove then reinstall the Dropbox application on your computer. The steps on how to do it are in the following.
- First, tap on the ‘Start’ button, then hit the Search area and type Control Panel.
- Within the ‘Control Panel’, locate the category ‘Programs’. Next, from the new window choose the ‘Programs and Features option.
- Now, find the Dropbox application from the list and select it. Right-click on that application and then tap on an option ‘Uninstall’.
- After that, the application’s uninstaller will be displayed. Inside it just follow the displayed information on the screen and thus uninstall that application.
Update All Drivers To Its Current Version
You may get the Dropbox error 400 if any drivers within your computer are obsolete. So, in order to rectify this issue, you will have to update all the driver software.
- First, right-click on the ‘Start’ menu, then from the options list choose the option ‘Device Manager’.
- Inside the ‘Device Manager’ window, select to expand the first category that you see. Then from the list of drivers of that specific hardware, right-click on the first driver and click on the ‘Update driver’ option.
- Repeat the above step for each drivers and for all the hardware present in your machine.
- Every time you update any driver, reboot your computer for better results.
Perform A System Restore On Your Machine
In order to solve this problem, perform a system restore of the computer. This will take back the computer to the state where this error did not occur. But, for that, you will have to choose a specific point.
- Hit the ‘Start’ menu. Then in the search area type in system restore. Now, from the search output, choose the ‘System Restore’ which is the first option to open it.
- In the ‘System Restore’ window, you will get a list of restore points that were created by your machine. Choose a restore point before this error happened and then tap on the button ‘Next’.
- After that, allow the computer to restore to that specific state, where this error had not occured. When the computer is restored then restart it.
Use Any Reliable Software To Upload Your Files To Dropbox
If you cannot upload your files to Dropbox, after following the above steps then get reliable software from the internet to do it.
- First, in your web browser search for reliable software that will help you to upload any files on to the Dropbox. Next, from the search result, choose a popular reliable application and download it.
- After the downloading process is over, install that software on your computer by following the instructions on the screen.
- Now, after the installation process is complete then execute the reliable software. In that software, you will get to see the icon of Dropbox.
- To upload files, drag and drop it on to the icon of ‘Dropbox’. After that, the upload process will start, wait for it to complete and then upload your other files.
Clear All Your Temporary Files
To solve this problem you have to clean the unnecessary files. To do that all you need to do is to use the ‘Disk Cleanup’ utility, that is present in your computer.
- Click on the ‘Start’ menu then in the search area type disk cleanup. From the results of your search, choose the first option, that is ‘Disk Cleanup’.
- When the ‘Disk Cleanup’ starts then it will search for all the unnecessary files present in the disk. By default, the disk is ‘C:’ i.e. C drive. This disk contains most of the unnecessary files.
- After the search for the junk files is complete, then put a tick mark on all the options in the list.
- To delete all those files, click on the ‘OK’ button. Finally, from a message box that pops up, choose the button ‘Delete Files’.
Wrap Up Note
In order to know how to fix Dropbox error 400, you will have to follow the steps mentioned in the previous section carefully. But, if even after following all those steps, if you could not rectify this error then put your query on the comment section below. We will solve that query of yours in no time.