Windows users face the driver power state failure error after updating the OS to its latest version. This is a Blue Screen of Death error and most of the time it appears due to the incompatible drivers installed on the system.
The display drivers and the wireless connection are related to this issue. Usually, this problem happens when any of the drivers of the system goes to a lower state while using the computer.
Normally, the system sends a signal to the device or driver to wake up as well as to fix this problem. The error appears when the driver or device doesn’t respond to the signal that the system sent.
If you are also stuck with the same problem and tired of finding the solutions for this issue, then you just arrived at the right place. Here in this article, you will know some easy hacks to get rid of this issue.
Hence, you are recommended to have a look at the guide discussed below. So, let’s start.
Easy Tips and Tricks to Solve the Driver Power State Failure on Windows 10
There are several ways to fix this issue. You should perform all the below hacks one-by-one to check which one is appropriate for you. Let’s have a look at the methods provided below.
Fix 1: Change the Power Settings
Sometimes the ‘driver power state failure’ issue can occur because of the Power settings. Hence, you can solve this issue easily by disabling or changing the Power settings.
You can change the Power settings by following the steps given below:
- First, hit the S and Windows key both at the same time from the keyboard. It will show you a list of options. Tap on the Control Panel.
- Under the Control Panel window, search for the Power Options and tap on it.
- Tap on the ‘Choose what the power button does’ option.
- Now, tap on the ‘Change settings that are currently unavailable’ option.
- As a result, it will navigate you to the Shutdown Settings window. Check the boxes that prompt ‘Hibernate’, ‘Sleep’, ‘Turn off fast startup (recommended).’
- Now, tap on the ‘Save changes’ option.
After restarting the system, you should check if the issue still appears. Else, you need to try to turn off the Sleep mode of the system.
Fix 2: Prevent the System to Sleep When not in use
You can easily solve this issue by preventing the computer from going to Sleep Mode when it is not in use. To do so, you should perform the steps as follows:
- In the beginning, move the cursor to the Start button and right-click it.
- Now, tap on the Device Manager option from the list.
- Tap on the drop-down button to expand the list of options of the Network Adapters.
- Next, right-click on the ‘Wireless Adapter’ option and tap on the Properties button.
- Go to the Power Management tab and untick the box that prompts ‘Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power’.
- After that, you have to perform the same steps for the Bluetooth Adapter.
- Tap on the OK button and restart the system to apply the changes.
After executing the above steps, if the issue persists, then you should run the System File Check to check if it can fix the issue.
Fix 3: Run the SFC or System File Checker and DISM Scanning
System File Checker is an in-built tool of Windows Operating System that helps the user to scan the entire for any damaged system files. It also can fix the corrupted system files of the computer.
Hence, you should try to run the System File Checker to fix this issue.
How to Run the System File Checker?
- First, bring up the Start menu.
- Type “command prompt” in the search field of the Start menu.
- As a result, you will see the Command Prompt option at the top of the search result. Right-click on it and select the ‘Run as Administrator’ option from the list.
- Next, type “sfc/scannow” in the command line under the Command Prompt window.
- Now, wait for a few seconds until the System File Checker scans the entire system for the corrupted system files.
- If the System File Checker locates any damaged system file, then it will fix them by itself.
- After finishing the repairing process, you should exit from the Command Prompt window.
- Then, restart the System to apply the changes.
Now, after running the SFC checker, if the issue is still unresolved, then you should run the DISM scanning.
How to Run the DISM Scanning?
- First, open the Command Prompt with administrator privilege by following the first 3 steps from the last procedure stated above.
- Then, type the commands given below. Hit the Enter key from the keyboard to execute them.
- 1st: DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /scanhealth
- 2nd: DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
- Wait for a few times until it completes the scanning process.
- Once the scanning process completes, close the Command Prompt window and restart the system to save the changes.
Now, you should check if the issue has been fixed. If the problem still occurs, then you should move on to further solutions stated below.
Fix 4: Modify the Power Plan Settings
According to some users, they have also fixed this issue by changing the Power Plan settings of the computer. You should follow the below steps to change the Power Plan settings.
- First, go to the Power options. Find the selected plan that you have chosen currently. Then, tap on the ‘Change plan settings’ option.
- Click on the ‘Change advanced power settings’ option.
- Now, it will show you a complete list of Power Plan settings.
- Go to the Sleep category and confirm that the Hibernation and Sleep mode are set to Never. Else, tap on the drop-down button and tap on the Never option.
- After that, navigate to the ‘Power buttons and lid’ category and make sure that all the options are set to ‘Do nothing’. Else, click on the drop-down button to expand the list and tap on the ‘Do nothing’ option.
- Now, tap on the Apply button and then the OK button to save the changes.
- After that, if you wish to set the ‘Link State Power Management’, ‘PCI Express’, ‘Graphics settings’ to Maximum Performance, then you can do that. Perform the same for the Settings of the Wireless Adapter.
If you are a laptop user, then you are recommended to remove the battery and connect it directly with the power supply.
After changing certain settings, the Hibernate and Sleep features will be disabled completely as well as the issue should be fixed. But, if you wish to use the Hibernate and Sleep features, then you should perform the other solutions provided below.
Fix 5: Update the Drivers of the Computer
If the above hacks don’t provide your desired result, then you need to update the drivers of the system. As the outdated drivers can also trigger this issue, hence by updating the driver you can solve this issue.
How to Update the Drivers of the System?
- In the beginning, launch the Run Command box by pressing the R and Windows key simultaneously from the keyboard.
- Then, type “devmgmt.msc” in the Run box and press the enter from the keyboard. (Or if you prefer, you can also tap on the OK button).
- Click twice on the ‘Sound, video and game controllers, Display adapters’ option. You also need to click twice on the other drivers that have a yellow warning sign.
- Now, right-click on the driver that has a yellow warning sign and choose the ‘Update Driver Software…’ option.
- Tap on the ‘Search automatically for updated driver software’ option.
- Now, complete the updating process by following the on-screen guidance.
- After completing the updating procedure, you should restart the system to apply the changes.
Now, you should check whether the issue has been resolved.
Here, we have provided some of the easiest procedures to solve the driver power state failure Windows 10 issue. We hope, after properly executing the above ways, it will definitely assist you to get rid of this problem.
If you face any other kind of problem while implementing the above hacks, then you can connect with a tech expert. If you still have any doubts, then you can post your queries and valuable feedback in the comment section given at the end of this post.