Microsoft Windows is the most widely used Operating System around the world. Majority of the computers in homes, offices, and shops around the world have the Windows OS running. The features are very good and reliable, giving you an unparalleled degree of versatility. But, in order to get all the benefits from this computer Operating System, you’ll need the updates. Without the updates, your computer will not work right and your work will be in jeopardy. So, to avoid that, what you’ll have to do is download and update device driver Windows 10.
This is quite straightforward a process and will take minimum time if you have the right instructional guide. That is what this article is all about and here you’ll get the necessary instructions showing you how to update drivers Windows 10.
Why You Need To Get The Updates
In order to get a good understanding of what the instructions are all about. The first thing we need to do is to make clear why we need to do what we need to do. In this case, why we need to download and update device driver Windows 10?
The most fundamental reason for updating the Windows 10 operating system is to take care of the security aspect of the system. Since the belligerents are also getting up and running with the technologies. Microsoft is also rolling out new security measures with every update they are developing. Thus, updates are that much important from the security perspective.
Now, moving on to the new technological features which are coming up almost every other day. You can get these by means of the updates that the company makes available on their website. What you’ll have to do is download and update device driver Windows 10.
Other than that, updating Windows 10 is a great maintenance measure in general. What this does is help you avoid a lot of errors that might have come your way otherwise. Many issues that you might come across both in terms of hardware and software. You’ll be able to solve all of that by means of getting the necessary updates.
So, now that we know why the updates are necessary, let’s move on to “how to check for driver updates Windows 10? “and then install them.
How To Download And Update Device Driver Windows 10?
Here is the complete step-by-step guide to help you get the updates and activate them –
- You’ll need to open up the Device Manager first. In order to do that, press the Windows button and the X button, both of them simultaneously. That will bring forth the Device Manager dialogue box.
- Once you’re in the Device Manager window, you’ll get all the options for the updates that you want. That is there’ll be options for the different components of your PC.
- Choose whichever one that you want to update, by right-clicking on the name of it to open up the options panel.
- In the options panel, you’ll find the Update Driver Software option. Also, make sure to back up all the data that you have in order to avoid losses.
- Then, a new window will come up, where you’ll have to look for and click on the Browse my computer for driver software option.
- Then, click on the Browse button to look for the update files.
- To start the update process, click on the Next button.
This will initiate the process of update and all that you’ll have to do is wait for the process to complete. Once the process is over, you’ll get the necessary notification. Then, it is best if you reboot your computer.
So, this is how you’ll be able to download and update device driver Windows 10, for any device.