In these days many of the users are stuck with the “DNS_Probe_Finished_No_Internet” error message while trying to open a webpage. If this is the case you are worried about and search for the methods online to solve it. Then, now you are reading the appropriate article regarding this topic. Hopefully, after a thorough study of this article, you will not only able to learn the below-explained methods but also able to resolve the matter with it. So, check it out.
The error window will show “This webpage is not available” message on the screen with DNS_Probe_Finished_No_Internet in the below portion.
Methods to Fix DNS_Probe_Finished_No_Internet Windows 10 Error At One Go!
There are several methods with the application of which many of the users were able to resolve the problem. Here, in the below portion we have listed such methods. So, check them out:
Method 1: Modify the TCP/IP4 DNS Server Settings
Many of the times it is found that a wrong with the DNS server settings is the culprit which results in DNS_Probe_Finished_No_Internet error. If this is the case, then, after going through the steps as below, you will get rid of the error. So, let’s proceed:
- First of all, press down the Windows button to get the search bar open.
- After that, on the search bar type network.
- Next, from the search result, click on “Network status”.
- Further, click on Change adapter options.
- Then, from the Network Connections window, right-click on the network (Local Area Connection or Ethernet) device and then select Properties.
- After that, from the Network Properties window, scroll down to the “Internet Protocol Version 4(TCP/IPv4)” option, which you will get under the “This connection uses the following items” section. And then double-click on it, that is Internet Protocol Version 4(TCP/IPv4).
- Next, under the General tab, enable the checkbox for “Use the following DNS server addresses”. After that fill up the opened section with the numerical value as stated below.
- Preferred DNS server: 126.96.36.199
- Alternative DNS server: 188.8.131.52
- Lastly, click on the OK button to confirm the changes.
After going through these above steps, now reload the webpage of the browser to check if the error gets solved or not. In case if still, the error persists, which is a rare case then, follow up further method as explained below.
Method 2: Fix DNS_Probe_Finished_No_Internet Error Via Command Prompt
Many of the users who were not able to fix the problem with the help of the above method, was able to fix the problem with the help of this method. So, it is better not to get worried after trying a single method:
- At first, open the search bar and that is by pressing down the Windows button.
- After that, on the search bar type “cmd”, this will open the top-most search result as cmd or Command Prompt, right-click on it.
- Then, from the menu window select “Run as administrator”.
- Further, click on the Yes button to the pop-up UAC window.
- Now, on the Administrator: Command Prompt type the commands as given below. Press the Enter key after each command to execute.
- After executing these above-said commands on the Administrator: Command Prompt, enter these below ones on it as well. Again, you need to press down the Enter button after each to execute.
- netsh int ip set dns
- Next, close the Administrator: Command Prompt window and restart your computer.
- Now, as your system turns on, check if the error is fixed.
Method 3: Update Network Adapter Driver
One of the better options to deal with the DNS_Probe_Finished_No_Internet error is to update the network adapter driver. The steps which you need to follow to apply this method are as below:
Open Device Manager
First of all, open the Device Manager window. For this, at first, you need to press the Windows and the letter “R” key altogether, to get the Run bar open. After that, on the Run bar type “devmgmt.msc” and then click on OK, this will open up the Device Manager window.
Navigate to Network adapters>> Open Adapter Properties Window
Then, under the Device Manager window, search for the “Network adapters” option. You need to double-click on it, the Network adapters option, to expand. After that, from the available options, you need to double-click on the type of network adapter, you use to access the internet. Next, you will get a window (Network adapter Properties) open. Here, under the General tab, you need to gather information about the driver like the Manufacturer’s name for the further downloading purpose of the updated driver. And then, from the Network adapter Properties window, navigate to the Driver tab. From here, you will get different information about the installed driver, like Driver provider name, the date you have installed it and the version of the driver.
Now, at the left-hand side portion, see if the “Update Driver” button is active, which indicates that an update is available, click on it. And then, it will provide you to different options to update driver. One is useful if you already have the updated version driver download on your computer. And the other one, if you want to browse the internet to download the updated version of the driver. Now, according to your choice, choose the option. After that, you need to install the driver by locating the download file. Once you have successfully installed the network adapters, restart your computer. And then check if the error gets resolved, which is your purpose to run this method.
Method 4: Restart the Computer along with the Network Device
After following all these above methods, if you still getting the “DNS_Probe_Finished_No_Internet” error. Then it is better not to worry and in place try these steps below, which may resolve the problem in your case. So, check it out:
First of all, you need to shut down your computer, after closing all the windows. And then, switch off the power supply for both the network device (Router, Modem) and the computer. After that, detach all the wires, which belong to the Network device. And also unplug the wire which is connected to your computer for the connecting purpose of the network device. Next, wait for a minute and then reconnection all the cables to its appropriate location. After that, switch on the power supply for all these devices. Power on to your computer to start the Windows. Next, connect the computer to the internet and open up the browser to check if the error gets resolved. Hopefully, this time you will be happy, by getting a positive result of this method.
All these above are the methods with the application of which you can solve the DNS_probe_finished_no_internet glitch efficiently, as many of the other users did. Now, you are eligible to access the internet without further problems.