Among every other Operating System produced by Microsoft, Windows 10 is one of the most internet-oriented system software. This Operating System, when first introduced was given by the company to its users as a free upgrade from Windows 8, 8.1 and 7. Due to the various features and useful programs that it has, this OS has become quite popular among users. Despite this OS has many features and applications, even then you can get many errors. One such kind of error that you might get is the d3dx9_43.dll is missing Windows 10. The reasons behind the occurrence of this error are given below.
Reasons Behind d3dx9_43.dll Is Missing Windows 10 Error
This section will provide the reasons behind d3dx9_43.dll is missing Windows 10 error.
About The d3dx9_43.dll File
The d3dx9_43.dll file is the one among many other files that are present within ‘Microsoft DirectX’ application. This file is used by every game that is based on Windows OS and some of the advanced graphics applications. When you start any high-graphics applications or any video games, then the Windows OS loads the DLL files that are required by those applications. If this loading fails somehow then you will get ‘program can’t start because d3dx9_43.dll is missing Windows 10’.
Steps On Why This Error Occurs
- You can get this error if the version of DirectX application that is installed in your system is not compatible with certain games or applications.
- If somehow this file cannot be found or is missing, then also you can get this issue.
- If there is any corrupt file in the application that uses d3dx9_43.dll, even then you can get this error.
- When the driver software of video card is missing or gets corrupted due to some reason then also you can face this issue.
Now, in the next section, you will get solutions to solve the d3dx9_43.dll is missing Windows 10.
Effective Solutions To Solve d3dx9_43.dll Is Missing Windows 10
In this section, you will get to see various solutions that will help you to solve the d3dx9_43.dll is missing Windows 10.
Get The DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer And Execute It
This error occurs due to an incompatibility of the DirectX version. Now, the solution is to download ‘DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer’. This installer application helps the users to roll back the DirectX application to any previous versions. Follow the steps below to get the installer.
- First, visit Microsoft’s official website. Now, go to the search box and within that website and type in ‘DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer’ and then hit ‘Enter’.
- Now, from the list in the ‘Downloads’ heading, select a link ‘DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer’.
- You can alter the language of this application from the drop-down menu before downloading. Then after that, choose ‘Download’ button.
- After you have downloaded this application, then to finish the installation, follow the on-screen step.
- At last, execute it and then attempt to run the game or any graphics-based application.
Install Current Version Of DirectX
If you get this error because the d3dx9_43.dll file is missing then the only solution to resolve this issue is to install a current version of DirectX. In order to install DirectX application on Windows 10, follow the steps below.
- First, tap on the ‘Start Menu’. After that, enter ‘Windows Update’ in the search area. Now, from the search result select ‘Windows Update settings’.
- In the ‘Settings’ window, under the ‘Windows Update’ heading, click the button ‘Check for updates’.
- After that, in order to finish the Windows update, follow the steps in front of your screen.
Copy d3dx9_43.dll File From Someone
If the given error cannot be solved, even after following the previous two points then the solution for you is to copy the d3dx9_43.dll file from someone and paste it to your PC.
To copy the d3dx9_43.dll file first check the type of your machine and then find another machine, whose type is same as yours.
In order to check the system architecture of your machine, follow the below steps.
- First, tap on the Windows Logo key. Now in the search area type in system information. From the search output choose ‘System Information’ option, to open it.
- In the ‘System Information’ window select ‘System Summary’ from the left pane. After that, locate the ‘System Type’ on the right pane to see the system architecture.
Now, from some other machine copy d3dx9_43.dll file and paste it to your computer.
Follow the steps below to find that file within another machine.
- Open the ‘File Explorer’ from the taskbar.
- Now, in the address bar enter the path – ‘C:\Windows\System32’. After that, in the search area within that window type ‘d3dx9_43.dll’ and tap on ‘Enter’ button.
- Now, copy the d3dx9_43.dll’ file from this computer and then paste it on the same location in your computer.
Install The Application Or Game Once Again
If you get d3dx9_43.dll is missing Windows 10 error due to a damaged component in the game files or in the graphics-based application, then the best solution for you is to first uninstall that problematic application and then install it once again. After the installation is complete, check if that program is working or not.
Update The Graphics Card Driver
If there is an outdated or corrupt driver within your Graphics Card, then also you can get this issue. Therefore the only solution for you to get rid of this error is to update the driver software. In order to update the driver, follow the steps mentioned below.
- First, select the Start Menu, then type device manager. From the search result, choose ‘Device Manager’ to open it.
- In that window, locate the category ‘Display adapters’. Now tap on the down arrow before it to expand it.
- Now, right-click on the device, then from the options list choose the ‘Update driver’.
- In the new dialog box choose the option ‘Search automatically for updated driver software’ and let Windows do this update on its own.
- At last, after the update is complete, simply restart your machine.
If you follow the above steps minutely, then you can solve the ‘program can’t start because d3dx9_43.dll is missing windows 10’ error. Now, if you cannot able to solve the given error yourself then do contact us, via the comment section below.