In this era, Email is the most essential communication tool that is mainly used for businesses. However, it is frustrating when it stops all of a sudden. Most of the issues can easily resolve with a simple reboot of the system or software. Still, at times, users need to look into the glitch a bit more intensely to resolve Outlook error messages.
Here, in this article, we will be focusing on such major Outlook issues. Also, you can know the causes and their fixes from this write-up. Hence, go through this post and fix the issue you are encountering with the Outlook.
Annoying Microsoft Outlook Error Messages
Here, in this section, we will be discussing some annoying Outlook error messages that users face on a regular basis. Moreover, we have provided accurate solutions in order to troubleshoot those glitches. Therefore, take a look below:
Problem 1: “Cannot Open Your Default E-mail Folders. The Information Store Could Not Be Opened.”
This is such an error message that almost every Outlook users get stuck with. But, users are reported that they can easily fix this glitch by performing some easy steps. Thus, if you also encountered the same error, then you can try the below mentioned steps.
You can resolve this issue by simply finding the Outlook.exe. You can locate it here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office14. Once you find it, you need to right-click on the Outlook.exe and look for the Properties option. After locating it, select and then go to the Compatibility tab where you need to remove or clear all the checkboxes that read ‘Run This Program In Compatibility Mode’. Once you are done, hit the OK button and simply click on Restart in order to reload the Outlook. In this way, you can definitely fix this Outlook error message.
Problem 2: “Your Microsoft Exchange Server Is Unavailable”
This is another annoying Outlook error message. This is quite tricky to fix because there are various factors responsible for this glitch.
Office Outlook Files Are Locked – In most of the cases, purposely or accidentally, .OST and .PST file are set to read-only. Thus, in order to check those files, you need to navigate to C:Users<username>AppDataLocalMicrosoftOutlook for .PST files and C:Program files Microsoft OfficeOffice12 for .OST files. Here, you need to be sure that the option is not set to read-only.
Third-party Applications Are Interfering With Outlook – Sometimes, certain applications or programs including the security software can conflict with the outlook. As a result, this kind of error message occurs.
So, you need to check if this is the main cause behind the glitch. Therefore, you start Outlook in Safe Mode. If the Outlook files are damaged or corrupted, then after an upgrade the problem can occur. Hence, you should check any of the .DAT files. If you find any of the following files, then remove or delete them shortly.
- Extend.dat – C:Documents and Settings<username>Local SettingsApplication DataMicrosoftOutlook
- Frmcache.dat – C:Documents and Settings<username>Application DataMicrosoftForms
- Views.dat – C:Documents and Settings<username>Application DataMicrosoftOutlook
- Outcmd.dat – C:Documents and Settings<username>Application DataMicrosoftOutlook
All the files will be recreated apart from the Outcmd.dat. The Outcmd.dat file saves customized toolbar settings. Thus, when it is removed, you have to apply the settings again.
Problem 3: Office Outlook Will Not Open Personal Folders Or Personal Folders Do Not Show Up In Outlook
As we all know that personal folders are often the main culprit of various issues associated with Outlook. Microsoft has launched the Inbox Repair tool that is Scanpst.exe. Basically, this is mainly used to scan.OST files and.PST files for the glitches in the structure file. If this is not intact, then it will rebuild the headers and even reset the file structure. As this is a handy tool that only works on the computer’s hard drive files, this will help to fix the “Cannot open your default email folder”
Problem 4: “The Action Cannot Be Completed. The Connection To The Microsoft Exchange Server Is Unavailable. Your Network Adapter Does Not Have A Default Gateway” Or “Your Microsoft Exchange Server Is Unavailable”
When Outlook is doubtful of the default gateway address, at such times, this kind of Outlook error message occurs. You can easily fix this glitch with some simple steps. This issue occurs when the profile isn’t properly configured. It can also come up when the Outlook profile is configured automatically. Basically, both have the same fix. In order to repair this, you should edit the registry entries.
- At first, you need to go to the Start button and open the Run dialog box.
- After that, in the box, type the command “regedit” and hit the Enter button.
- Then, you need to navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftOffice14.0OutlookRPC.
- Once you are done, go to the Edit menu and look for the DWORD Value.
- After you find it, click on it and then enter “DefConnectOpts” and hit Enter.
- Then, right-click on the DefConnectOpts and then select the Modify option.
- Finally, go to the Value Data Box and set the value as 0. Then, hit the Enter button Or click on OK in order to finish the further process.
Problem 5: “None Of The Authentication Methods Supported By This Client Are Supported By Your Server”
When you use your device from multiple locations, in such times, this error message appears on the display. Basically, this error comes up due to the SMTP server from the authentication rules. If you are struggling with this glitch, then you need to go to the Accounts Settings tab. Then, select the change button as well as the More Settings button.
After that, you need to go to the Outgoing Server tab. Then, locate the ‘Log on to incoming mail server’ and ‘My outgoing server requires authentication’ options before sending a mail. Once you locate it, you need to make sure that those two boxes are checked.
Problem 6: Task ‘server name – Sending and Receiving’ reported error (0x800ccc0f)
This is also another annoying error message that you might encounter. Generally, this error message arises when you try to send or receive any email. In such times, you need to open the Outlook software first.
- Go to the File tab and select the Accounts Setting button.
- Then, to open the Email Accounts window, you need to click on the Account Settings.
- Now, tap on the Change and go to the More Settings section.
- There, you have to open the Email Settings window and then sleet the Advanced tab.
- Now, you can drag the Server Timeouts bar to the far right.
- At last, hit the OK button or press the Enter button in order to close the window.
Problem 7: Task ‘mail.adelphia.net – sending’ reported error (0x80040201) : ‘unknown error’ 0x80040201
This is another common Outlook error message that many users often face. This is quite tricky as this issue occurs due to a number of reasons. However, you can easily deal with this problem by following the given instructions.
- First, close the MS Outlook and go to the Windows icon. Then, click on the Control Panel.
- There you need to tap on the Mail button.
- Now, you will be prompted with the dialog box named Show Profiles on the display.
- Then, you need to start the configuration of the new email account for your email client using the Add option.
- After this process, you have to enter the Profile name and then tap on the OK button in order to go to the next step.
- Here, Outlook will ask for several basic details, such as email address, name, and password.
- Thus, enter those details and then click on the Next button.
- Now, from the server, the Outlook will start synchronizing the input details in order to configure the account.
- When done, click on the Finish button and look for the Prompt For A Profile To Be Used box. Once you find it, just check the box and select OK.
- Finally, click on Restart.
Problem 8: Outlook data file cannot be accessed Or The operation failed. An object could not be found
Furthermore, this is a common MAPI error message that mainly arises at the time of the sending, receiving, or synchronizing an offline or even while downloading the OAB files. There are many reasons for this glitch. .OST file corruption is one of them. In such situations, you can create a new Outlook profile that can fix this issue.
So, primarily, go to the Control Panel and then you will see the Mail Setup Outlook dialog box on the display. Here, you need to click on your current Profile and then tap on the add button. After that, you need to enter a name for your new account. Thus, type as per your wish and hit the OK button. Now, you will find the Add New Account permission box. Here, enter your email details and hit the Next button. Once the configuration gets completed, tap on the Finish button.
Approach 9: “Receiving reported error (0x800ccc92): Your email server rejected your login”
It is a troublesome error message which several Microsoft Outlook users come across. If you face this error, then you should fix this glitch in an instant. This issue restricts you to receive and send an email via Outlook. Corrupted.PST files are mainly responsible for this issue. Apart from this, incorrect Outlook configuration settings or improper synchronization between the server and the Outlook are another cause for this glitch. In spite of these multiple causes, you can easily resolve this problem by performing the below mentioned methods:
- At first, press the Win + R keys simultaneously.
- Then, in the search box, simply enter the “Outlook/Safe.”
- After that, press the Windows key + R key once again and enter ‘cmd’ in the search box.
- Once you are done, simply hit the Enter button.
- Now, Command Prompt dialog box will appear on the display.
- Here, enter “sfc/scannow” in the run dialog box and press the Enter button.
- After this process, your device will start scanning for the system integrity issues. If there is any problem, then it will be solved automatically.
However, if this method doesn’t work, then you try another one. Therefore, you can right-tap on the Windows key and go to the Control Panel. Then, open the Programs And Features section where you need to locate the Windows Essentials 2012 that is on the result list. Now, tap on the Change or Uninstall button. Now, opt for Repair All Windows Essential Programs, but you need to wait for until you find the window reporting confirmation. When done, you can try to log in your Outlook account and check if the issue gets eliminated.
We hope, this post will be helpful for you. If you have any further queries, you can post a comment on our official website. As this post is completely written on behalf of the users and we wish that every part of it prove beneficial for your knowledge and at your workplace.