A drum is a crucial part of printers. Although Brother printers are known to be one of the best ones in the market, sometimes, it too occurs severe issues which are unavoidable. If you are a Brother printer user, you might have encountered the Brother printer drum error. You met with the ”DRUM ERROR ” message when the corona wire on the drum unit needs to be cleaned or if the drum was not set properly. If you are one of such user who is struggling with a similar issue, do not worry instead, go through the article. We have mentioned here, a few of the easy steps which will help you to fix the error without any hassle.
Measure Taken To Resolve Brother Printer Drum Error
If you are encountering the drum error and do not know the ways on how to fix drum error on Brother printer, go through the accurate and the easy procedures are given below:
Method 1: Reset The Drum
The Brother printer drum error might occur if the new drum was not reset properly. If the installation of the driver was incorrect, you may face the same issue. To fix the Brother printer drum error, reset the drum. To achieve the process, go through the following steps:
- First, you need to remove the front cover of the printer.
- Then, you need to click on Options. Upon clicking on the option, you will receive the ‘Replace Drum’ message.
- You will receive two options, Yes or No. If you click on Yes the machine will accept the change and display Accepted and then the ‘Cover is Open’ message.
- When you receive the option, close the front cover.
- Finally, check if the error resolves.
Method 2: Clean The Corona Wire
You can also clean the Corona wire to fix the Brother printer drum error instantly. Look at the following steps to implement the process:
1. First, you need to open the front cover and then remove the drum and the toner assembly.
- Place them on a piece of paper in case the toner spills or scatters.
- Now, slowly slide the blue tab sideways for a few times.
- Then, slide the tab again to its original position. Make sure the tab fits in correctly before you place the drum and the toner assembly again. If the tab is not placed correctly, the printing pages may have vertical stripes.
- While dealing with the drum and the toner cartridge, you will find three pieces of metal rods. Take a clean and a dry cloth to clean the rods softly.
- Now, you need to reinstall the drum and the toner assembly back into the machine. Then, close the front cover.
7. Check if the error persists. If you are still struggling with the same error, you need to repair or replace the drum.
Hopefully, the steps mentioned above will help you to fix the Brother printer drum error. However, if you fail to perform them, you should seek help from the experts to mitigate the permanent damage caused to your device.