Black Ops 3 is a series of popular video games called Call of Duty. This game is loved by gamers throughout the world. But while playing these games with NVIDIA graphics card, the users have often encountered random crashes in their gaming PC. Though the actual cause behind this issue is unknown, yet after doing research work by the experts, it has been found that somehow the reason behind the occurrence of BlackOps3.exe has stopped working Windows 10 issue is related to the undervolted CPU cores.
There is no doubt that this particular issue has affected numerous GTX580 users. Apart from this, when this issue occurs then the users often experience random crashes in Black Ops 3 games.
If you are also experiencing this blackops3.exe has stopped working windows 10 issue, then this article is perfect for you as here you will get to know the solutions to overcome this particular error.
Some Prominent Solutions to Get Rid of the BlackOps3.exe has Stopped Working Issue
Though there are several reasons responsible for BlackOps3.exe has stopped working Windows 10 error, yet in this article, we will focus only on the prominent ones. Here, we will discuss how to increase the core voltage by using an MSI utility as well as the steps on how to reinstall the Graphics Driver. So, take a look below to know about the procedures to eliminate this error in details.
Solution 1: Verifying the Game Caches
If you are using the Steam application, then you can verify the game caches to get rid of BlackOps3.exe has stopped working issue. For that, go through the steps mentioned below:
- First of all, you need to open the Steam application.
- Then, move on to the Game Library.
- After that, right-click on the game which you want to verify. Here, you should click on BlackOps option.
- Then, click on Properties and go to the Local Files tab.
- From there, click on the “Verify Integrity of Game Cache” option.
After you have completed doing this, now you should try to launch BlackOps again. Then, verify whether it works or not.
Solution 2: Reduce the Core Voltage
You can easily perform this step in order to reduce the core voltage via an MSI utility tool called Afterburner. So, have a glance below to know the steps:
- At first, download Afterburner then goes to the Download folder.
- From there, try to extract it and install the utility.
- After the installation, try to launch it.
- Then, go to the Settings tab and select the General tab.
- From there, you need to check the Unlock Voltage Control option.
- Now, enable Start with Windows and then click on OK.
- Next, go to the main Afterburner interface and adjust the core voltage to 1100 mV. Also, consider an increase in the speed of the fan.
Finally, you have to choose the Apply option and try to play the BlackOps3 game again to check whether the issue has gone or not. If not, then move on to the next troubleshooting method.
Solution 3: Try to Reinstall the NVIDIA Graphics Driver
Sometimes, the reinstallation of the NVIDIA Graphics Driver can also help in eliminating the BlackOps3.exe has stopped working issue. Thus, go through the below steps to perform this.
- Open the Command Prompt by pressing the Windows + R button.
- Then, type appwiz.cpl in it and click on the OK option.
- Now, go to the Programs window and from the list of installed applications, try to find out the Nvidia GeForce Experience.
- Once you find it, double click on it and follow the instructions to uninstall it. You can also remove the additional NVIDIA applications but then afterward, make sure to reinstall them from the official website.
- Go to the website and from there, try to download GeForce Experience.
- Now, try to launch it and follow the installation process until the installation gets completed.
Once the above-mentioned steps finish, you can now try to play the Black Ops 3 and check whether the issue still persists or not.
Solution 4: Reinstallation of the Game
If by following the above methods the issue has not been resolved, then you can try out this one. You need to reinstall the game by launching the installer which usually comes along with the game disc. After that, you just need to go in accordance with the installation prompts and do as directed.
Solution 5: Installation of DirectX End-user Runtimes
There is another effective procedure that you can try out for getting rid of this error. To perform this:
- First of all, try to download DirectX End-user Runtimes.
- Then, go to the Download folder and try to launch the DirectX 9.0c Redistributable installer with the filename: directx_Jun2010_redist.exe.
- After that, you should follow the onscreen prompts and complete the installation procedure.
Further, try to launch the game and verify whether the issue has been resolved.
Solution 6: Modify the Startup Settings of the Game
In case you are using a 64-bit OS, then you might come across the BlackOps3.exe has stopped working issue. This is because Black Ops 3 is a 32-bit game. Thus, users might come across issues while running it in 64-bit OS. So, in such a situation, what you need to do is ignore the shortcut that is being created by Steam. Even, you can opt to delete it and further follow the instructions as stated below:
- Open Windows Explorer by pressing the Windows + E key together.
- Now, you need to type the following path in the address bar and click on the Enter key:
“C:\Program File (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty Black Ops.”
- Go to that folder and right-click on the exe.
- Then, go to the Properties tab and click on the Compatibility tab.
- Now, tick the box which says “Run this program in compatibility mode” and choose Windows 7 from the dropdown list.
- Further, go back to the Settings tab and apply the aforesaid changes and click on OK.
- Check “Reduced color mode” and set it to 16-bit
- Check the “Disable display scaling on high DPI Settings” box.
- Now, right-click on the Application icon and choose New > Desktop Shortcut.
Finally, hope so the issue has been fixed and now you can try to run the game.
Solution 7: Activate Developer Mode
This fix has been provided by the Microsoft team to fix BlackOps3.exe has stopped working Windows 10 issue. Because it has been found that some games fail to work on Windows10 when Developer Mode is disabled. So, you need to enable it by going through the steps provided below:
- Open Window Settings by pressing the Windows + I key at the same time.
- Then, navigate to the Settings and click on the Update and Security option.
- From there, go to the For Developers option and hit the Enable Developer Mode option.
- Now, restart the computer and once it is checked, then you can try to launch the game once again.
Hopefully, by following the aforesaid procedures you will be able to overcome the BlackOps3.exe has stopped working issue on your device. But unfortunately, if you fail to perform the above steps and still encounter the same issue on your device, then the best way is to opt for tech-expert advice.