Routers play a very important role in accessing the internet. They act as an intermediate between the user and the server to receive and send data.
The Belkin router has a default settings page where users can adjust settings and configure the device’s advanced features easily.
Most of the users are facing difficulties regarding the Belkin router login on their device. So, if you have bought the Belkin router for the initial time then, you might face some difficulty in login. Here we have provided some easy steps in detail to login to the Belkin router on your computer.
How to Login Belkin Router?
Here we are going to provide some easy steps that can help you to log in to the Belkin router on your computer. So, let’s take a look at the steps hereunder:
Step 1 – Connect the System to the Network
First of all, connect the computer to the network. Before accessing the login page, ensure that the router is switched ON and the system is wired to its Ethernet port or LAN port.
Step 2 – Open the Web Browser and Go the Belkin Router Login Page
Once the system is properly connected to the internet network, now launch the web browser from the computer. From the web browser, type 192.168.2.1 IP address in the address bar and then, press the Enter button to access the Belkin router login page.
Step 3 – Type Username and Password of the Belkin Router
When you are in the Belkin router login page, you can easily notice that there is no Username box to log in. Leave the password box blank. Do not type anything in the password box. After that, click on the Submit option to enter the setup web page.
How to Configure the Belkin Router?
After logging in to the Belkin router, change any settings that you want. Carefully configure the router so that you do not break the internet connection.
From that window, you can easily set the Login Username and Password and also change the router SSID and Password.
To change the SSID and Password of the Belkin router, follow the steps that are cited below:
- On the setup page, go to the Wireless and then, click on the Channel and SSID.
- Type the Wireless network name in the SSID field and then, click on Apply Changes option to save it.
- After that, select the Security under the Wireless and then set the Allowed Client Type to WPA or WPA2. Thereafter, type the password in the password field that you want and then click on the Apply Changes option to save the changes.
- After doing this, connect all the devices again.
There are the following steps in which you will be able to login to the Belkin router on your computer.
Frequently Ask Questions:
1. How do you Setup the Belkin Router on the computer?
- Disconnect the Belkin router and the modem from the power outlet.
- Plug the Ethernet cable from the Modem to the Belkin router’s Internet or WAN port.
- Connect the Belkin router and modem to the power outlet and then, switch on the modem first and then turn on the router.
- Plug the Ethernet cable to the Ethernet port of the computer and other ends connect to the router’s one of the Ethernet ports.
2. How do you Access the Belkin Router Settings?
- Open the web browser and type 192.168.2.1 in the address bar and then, hit the Enter key.
- In the login page, click on the Submit button or press the Enter button to access the Belkin router setup page.
- From the Setup page, click on the Internet WAN and then click on the DNS option.
- On the right window, enter the Username and Password and then click on the Submit button to enter the settings window of the Belkin router.
3. How to Perform Hard Reset of the Belkin Router?
- Press and hold down the Reset button from the back of the Belkin router for 30 seconds.
- While pressing the Reset button, separate the power from the router. After that, hold the Reset button an extra 30 seconds.
- When you still keep pressing the Reset button, switch on the power and then hold the Reset button an extra 30 seconds.
- Now, the router will be booted with its default factory.