Windows 10 is widely preferred by users across the globe and earned a good name as the most compatible OS among others. A few clients have revealed an issue with the battery icon missing in Windows 10 which probably won’t seem to be a common glitch to a few Windows clients. The battery symbol is situated in the taskbar in Windows OS. It indicates how much power is left in your device and also if the gadget is properly charged or connected.
All of a sudden if find the battery icon is gone from your taskbar or it has been away for some time now; do not fret. This won’t be that much stress to solve. It is possible that it might be disabled from settings, or there are a few issues with the drivers. A few Windows 10 clients have seen that after updating Windows to its latest version they cannot find the system battery icon on the device. If that is the case, you have hit the right page for help. We offer services for all Windows 10 related issues. This article will help you to get back the battery icon in your system.
Easy & Effective Methods To Recover The Battery Icon Missing From The Taskbar In Windows 10
To resolve the battery issue, follow the steps one by one and apply them with due attention. Before proceeding with the steps at first, we would suggest you restart your device and check whether the battery icon is missing or not from the taskbar or whether you are using a Windows 10 laptop. You just unplug the battery and again replug it and check if it resolves the issue. If the battery icon is not showing, you just follow the methods and steps which are mentioned below.
Method 1 – Enable The Battery Icon
Windows 10 gives you the choice to pick the icons you need to see on your taskbar and which symbol to disable. In the event that you haven’t seen the battery symbol for a long time on your PC, it is conceivable that it turns off the settings application.
- At first, go to the Search box, type Settings and then press the Enter button to open the Settings application.
- In the Settings window, you will find the System and click on it.
- When the System window opens, you have to select the ‘Notifications and actions section’ in the left side panel.
- On the right side, you can see the option Turn system icons on or off, click on it. So that you can check which icons are turned on or off.
- You need to ensure that the Power option is enabled. If it is on then the icon appears on the taskbar. Return and you need to click on the ‘Select which icons appear on the taskbar’ option.
- When the ‘Select which icons appear on the taskbar’ window opens, you must check that the Power option is on.
After changing this, you may restart your system and check if the icon appears on the taskbar.
Method 2- Restart The Windows Explorer
There is another method to get back the battery icon in your system.
- First, you need to press together Windows key + R key to open the Run box, type ‘taskmgr’ and then hit the Enter button or OK option to open the Task manager.
- When the Task Manager window opens, navigate to the Processes tab.
- In this tab, you will find the Windows Explorer, click on it.
- After clicking on that, at the bottom right side of the window, you can see the Restart option, click on it.
- Once the restart is completed, check the battery icon on your taskbar.
Method 3 – Reset The AC Adapter And Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery
If the above two methods do not work, you can try this method to get back the battery icon in the taskbar.
- You need to press the Windows Key and R key together to open the Run box, write ‘devmgmt.mscmsc’ and then press the Enter button or OK option.
- Once the Device Manager window opens, you will find the Batteries section in the left side panel.
- In the Batteries section, you will see both options. Right-click on the Microsoft AC Adapter to open the menu and select Disable option. Again same thing for Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery, right-click on it to open the list and select the Disable option.
- After disabling this, again enable both options by right-clicking on that to open the lists and select Enable option.
Now, you can check the battery icon that will appear on the taskbar.
Method 4 – By Using The Command Prompt
By using the Command Prompt, you can get back the power icon in your system. Below the following steps are mentioned.
- Go to the Search box, type cmd, then right-click on it to open the menu and select ‘Run As Administrator’ option.
- When the Administrator Command Prompt window opens, write ‘sfc/scannow’ to run this command and then hit the Enter key.
- Once the scanning process is done, reboot your system and check the battery icon must there on the taskbar.
Method 5 – To Run The Hardware Troubleshooter
To run the hardware troubleshooter recover the missing battery icon from the taskbar in your system.
- At first, open the Settings application.
- When the Settings application window opens, you have to navigate to the Update & Security tab.
- In the Update & Security section choose the Troubleshoot tab in the left side panel.
- Just scroll down the page and click on the Hardware & Devices in the Troubleshoot section. Below you can see the ‘Run the Troubleshooter’ option and click on it.
- Restart your device and check if the battery icon is there or not.
Method 6 – Run The DISM
This is another easier method to recover the power icon on the taskbar in your system.
- You need to press the Windows key and I key together to open the Search box. In that box, type cmd, then right-click on it to open the menu and select the Run As Administrator option.
- When the Administrator Command Prompt window opens, write the following commands first ‘DISM /online /Cleanup-Image / ScanHealth’ and second ‘DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth’ to run these commands. After applying each of these commands, hit the Enter key on your keyboard.
- Once the process is ended, restart your system and check whether the Power icon is there or not on the taskbar.
By applying the above methods, we will help you to resolve the issue of the battery icon missing on Windows 10. Follow the above methods and steps to recover the battery icon missing from taskbar windows 10 greyed out.