Asus Smart gesture not working is one of the issues that commonly trouble several Asus laptop users. Many Asus users have reported facing this error, and once encountered, they can’t utilize the convenient gestures to control their laptop touchpad. Here, it won’t be out of place to mention that Asus Smart gesture works by identifying palm and finger contact by users. It is a smart touchpad driver and there are several gestures or finger movements to work with it.
Now, as already mentioned, the Asus Smart gesture is known to malfunction and sometimes do not work the way it should. So, if you too are facing this problem of Asus Smart gesture not working on your laptop, then don’t worry. Here, in this article, we have listed the apt solutions to fix this issue. And, after following them, hopefully, you’ll be able to resolve the problem with the smart gesture on your Asus laptop in no time.
Solutions to Fix the “Asus Smart Gesture Not Working” Glitch
The fixes mentioned below are the fittest when it comes to resolving Asus Smart gesture not working glitch. Moreover, the solutions are easy to apply and will hopefully resolve the matter in no time. However, make sure you follow them exactly as instructed, and in the order provided.
Fix 1: Check if the Touchpad is Locked
Before going to the more complex fixes, the first thing to check is if the touchpad feature is locked on your Asus laptop or not. The key that normally enables or disables the smart gesture on Asus laptops is F9 or Fn+F9. So, you can try these key combinations to enable the touchpad if it is locked.
In some cases, the Asus Smart gesture stops working after an update. For fixing that on your Windows 10 laptop, you can follow the steps given below.
- Press Windows + S to open the search pane. Type “settings” in that pane and open the Settings application.
- Once the Settings application opens, click on Devices.
- Next, from the left navigation pane, click on Mouse. Now, click on Additional Mouse options.
- Now, look for the Elan input device. Once you find it, you can then enable the device from there.
Now, restart your Asus laptop and check if the smart gesture is working correctly or not.
Fix 2: Repair Asus Smart Gesture
The smart gesture function might not work correctly if the installation files are damaged or if the registry values set with the software is somehow corrupted. You can easily fix it by repairing the Smart Gesture. The steps to follow for doing that are given below.
- First, open the Run dialogue box by pressing the Windows + R keys together from your keyboard.
- Now, type “appwiz.cpl” without the quotes, in that box and hit Enter or click OK. Now, all the programs installed on your computer will get listed on the screen.
- Look for Asus Smart Gesture from the list, right-click on it and select Repair.
Windows will now look for any discrepancies and if it finds any, will fix them by itself. After the repair is over, restart your laptop and check if the Asus Smart gesture is working correctly or not.
Fix 3: Update or Roll Back Driver
Updating the touchpad drivers can work in fixing this issue on your Asus laptop. Often, after a Windows update, this smart gesture function ceases to work. This is because the old drivers are not compatible with the updated version of Windows.
So, you can try to update the Asus touchpad drivers to check if that fixes the issue. You can also try rolling back drivers, which essentially rolls back the drivers to its earlier state. A lot of users have benefitted from this workaround, So, it’s worth a try.
- First, open the Run box by pressing the Windows + R keys together from the keyboard. Now, type “devmgmt.msc” in that box and hit Enter. The Device Manager window will now open.
- Look for Mouse and other pointing devices, in the Device Manager window, and expand it by clicking on it.
- Now, right-click on ASUS touchpad and select Properties.
- Now, click on the Driver tab. Here, you’ll find the option for both Roll back driver and Update driver.
- For updating the driver, click on Update Driver and follow the instructions to complete the process.
- If after updating the driver, the Smart Gesture still doesn’t work, you can Roll back the driver to its previous state by following the same steps as provided. Just select the Roll-back Driver option and follow the instructions to complete the process.
Now, restart the computer and check if the Asus Smart gesture works correctly or not.
Fix 4: Reset the Asus Smart Gesture
It may be possible that the Asus Smart gesture not working glitch is resulting from incorrect settings. If such is the case, you can easily fix that by resetting the application to its default settings. Follow these steps:
- Go to Control Panel.
- In the Control Panel, set the ‘View by section’ to Large Icons.
- Now, look for Asus Smart Gesture and double-click on it. The settings of the Asus Smart gesture will now open.
- Next, click on Set all to default.
Now, restart your laptop and check if this method resolves the issue.
Fix 5: Reinstall Asus Smart Gesture
If none of the above methods work in fixing the Smart Gesture not working glitch on your Asus laptop, you can try reinstalling the Asus Smart gesture and check if this fixes the issue.
- Press the Windows + R keys together from your keyboard to open the Run dialogue box. Type “appwiz.cpl” in that box and hit Enter. All the programs installed on the system will get listed.
- Locate Asus Smart Gesture, right-click on it, and select Uninstall.
- After the uninstallation completes, go to the official website of Asus and download the Asus Smart gesture software on your laptop.
- After downloading, click on the installation file and run it.
Now, restart your Asus laptop and check if the Smart gesture function is now working properly.
These are the most effective fixes to resolve the Asus Smart gesture not working after update glitch. Hope, these solutions work for you in resolving the matter.