Android is one of the most popular and best Operating Systems for smartphones in the market. This system software has many versions and a plethora of unique features and services. The current version of the Android OS is ‘9 Pie’. Despite its plenty of features and services, you can face many kinds of errors as well. One such problem that you can face is the “android.process.media has stopped”. Basically, this error can crop up mainly due to some type of malfunctions within the programs – ‘Media Storage’ and ‘Download Manager’.
There are many reasons for the occurrence of this issue. Now, some of the common causes can be if the cache and data for some ‘Google’ applications are full. Further, if the ‘App Preferences’ of all the applications are not set correctly, then also you can encounter this problem. Moreover, due to some kind of glitch within the ‘Contacts’ application, there is a chance to face this issue.
Solutions to Fix Android.Process.Media has Stopped
This is the section of the article which gives answers and can help you to rectify this problem in a second.
Procedure to Activate Settings that are Deactivated
Sometimes, if the settings of some applications are not activated, then there is a high chance for you to encounter the android.process.media has stopped error. Now, the easiest solution to getting rid of this issue is activating the settings that are disabled. In order to do that, follow the steps below.
- Unlock the smartphone, then swipe down from the upper portion of the screen to see the ‘Notification’ area. In that area, navigate to the top left corner and tap the ‘Gear’ icon to launch the ‘Settings’.
- Now, scroll down the window and go to the section ‘App Settings’. Under this section, choose the option ‘Installed apps’.
- Next, a new page will appear that has the name ‘Manage apps’. Within this page, select the following applications ‘Downloads’, ‘Google Play Store’, ‘Google Service Framework’ and choose ‘Enable’. If the applications on the previous line were active.
- Once the above process is complete, then go back to the ‘Settings’ page again. On it, locate the ‘Accounts’ section.
- Under that, select the option ‘Sync’. Then, from the next page, move down a little and tap on the option ‘Google’.
- After that, on the new page, there will be a list of all the email accounts for ‘Google’. Now, go directly to the bottom of this page and choose ‘More’, then select the popup option ‘Sync now’. When you do this, then all the Google accounts will be synced.
- Finally, to apply these changes to the phone, reboot it.
Media Storage Deactivation Procedure
Due to some internal problems within the ‘Media Storage’ application, you can face this error. Thus, the solution to eliminate this glitch is to deactivate this application. Here, you will get to know the steps on how to do it.
- First, locate the ‘Settings’ app on your phone and tap on it to open.
- Next, within this window, go to the ‘App Settings’ section and select the option ‘Installed apps’. After that, on the next window, go to the top right corner and tap on the ‘three vertical dots’.
- Then, from the popup menu, choose the option ‘Show all apps’. As soon as you click on it, the rest of the hidden apps will show up on the list.
- Now, scroll down this list then, locate and choose the application ‘Media Storage’.
- At last, choose the button ‘Disable’ to completely deactivate it.
Set App Preferences Once Again
When the ‘App preferences’ on the phone are not set correctly, then there is a chance for you to get the error message “Unfortunately, the process android.process.media has stopped”. Now, the answer to solving this issue is to correctly set the preferences of the application. Follow the undermentioned steps.
- Go to Settings>App Settings.
- Inside the section, choose ‘Installed apps’ option. Now, a new page with the heading ‘Manage apps’ will open.
- On this page, move to the top right corner and tap on the 3 vertical dots.
- After that, from the popup menu, choose the option ‘Reset app preferences’.
- Once the reset is complete, restart the smartphone.
Delete the Cache and Data of Some Google Applications
In this point, you will get effective steps on how to remove all the application cache and data. In order to do it correctly, follow the steps below.
- Open Settings.
- After that, choose the ‘Applications’ option. Then, select the sub-option ‘Manage Applications’, that you can get under the tab ‘All’.
- Next, scroll down and then choose the option ‘Google Services Framework’. Then, choose the option ‘Clear data’ and ‘Clear cache’
- Repeat the previous step for the application ‘Google Play’ also.
- At last, shut down the phone and start it up once again to see if this error reappears or not.
Remove the Contacts from Your Phone
Sometimes you can get this error process if there is some glitch within the contact application. The simple answer to resolve this issue to delete ‘Contacts’.
- Go to Settings> Applications.
- After that, locate and select the application ‘Contact’ from the list that appears.
- Next, choose the option ‘Storage’ on the next page.
- Finally, tap on both the buttons ‘Clear Data’ and ‘Clear Cache’.
When you do this, all the contact details will be removed from the phone so, create a backup of all the phone numbers beforehand.
Following all the points on the previous section carefully can remove the error android.process.media has stopped easily. But, if even after following all the steps in the above section, you are still unable to solve this issue then do not worry at all. Just, provide details of the query, which you have faced on the comment section below and we will reach you back with the aptest solutions.