Flash Player is one of the best technologies Adobe offers. When you visit any website, the Flash Player is responsible for playing all the Flash-based content. Nowadays, Chrome comes with its own version of the Flash. We know, that Chrome is one of the best bowsers, but it doesn’t mean that it is free from the technical glitches. When you open the Chrome, it often pop-up an error message saying Adobe Flash Player Couldn’t Load Plugin Chrome. Then, some of the best features of the browser stop to working in a proper way. So, if you want to use those features, then you have to fix the error as early as possible. But it’s quite a tricky task to fix Adobe Flash Couldn’t Load Plugin error without any help. Don’t worry, just go through the article, and it will be enough to fix the problems you are facing.
Easy Tips And Tricks To Solve The Adobe Flash Player Couldn’t Load Plugin Chrome
Before going through the below fixes, you have to make sure that you are using the latest version of Google Chrome. And also check the plug-ins are the most recent or not. If you use an outdated version of the Chrome, then update the version. Now, follow the below steps to fix the issue.
Solution 1: Rename pepflashplayer.dll
The error notification Adobe Flash Couldn’t Load Plugin might occur due to the pepflashplayer.dll file. You can resolve it quickly by renaming it. To perform that, you need to follow the below steps. Move the cursor to the shortcut icon of the Google Chrome on display and click twice on the icon. Click on the Installation Directory. Find for the folder PaperFlash. To launch this folder, you need to go to the ‘C: ProgramFilesGoogleChromeApplication 53.0.2785.116 PepperFlash’ directory. When you will find the ‘pepflashplayer.dll’ folder, right-click on it. Choose the option Rename from the list. After that, press the Alt and F4 key both at the same time to close the Google Chrome. Now, reopen this by performing the step mentioned earlier. Check if you still face the error notification.
Solution 2: Run SFC And DISM Commands
When there are any corrupted files in the system, you might face this problem. You can fix this error code by the SFC scan and the DISM commands. These programs are moduled to search the corrupted file and to repair them. Perform this following the below steps:
- Open the Command Prompt with the administrator privilege by pressing the Windows key and X both at the same time.
- Type ‘sfc/scan’ in the Command Prompt Window and hit the Enter key from the keyboard to run the command.
- If it doesn’t work then type ‘DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth.’ And hit the Enter key.
- Wait for some time when it starts to scan the system.
After performing the above steps, do not forget to check, whether the error still occurs or not.
Solution 3: Remove The PepperFlash Folder
At times, you can solve this error code by deleting the Paperflash folder from the system. To perform this, you have to follow the below steps:
- Confirm that the Google Chrome is not open on the system.
- To open the Run command box, you have to press the Windows key and R both at the same time from the keyboard. Type ‘%localappdata%’ on the Run command box and hit the Enter key from the keyboard or click on the Ok to execute the command.
- Navigate to the folder Google Chrome User Data. Now select the PaperFlash folder and click right on it. Choose Delete from the list.
- After removing the folder from the system, check if your problem is solved.
After deleting the PaperFlash folder, you can try to update it. To do so, stick to the following steps:
- Move the cursor to the Chrome icon on the display and double-click on it to open the Chrome. Navigate to the address bar and type ‘chrome://components.’ Hit the Enter key from the keyboard.
- Now, you will find the list of all components which are available on the Google Chrome. Find the pepper_flash component, and you need to hit on the ‘Check for any updates’ button.
After performing this step the issue should be fixed.
Solution 4: Set To The Run Option
The error might be occurring due to the Flash plugin is not set always to run. Try to enable this mode by following the below steps:
Go to the Chrome icon on display and double-click on it to launch the Chrome. Move the cursor to the address bar and type ‘chrome://plugins.’ Press the Enter key from the keyboard.
- As a result, will find the list of all plugins which are available on the Google Chrome. Find the option Adobe Flash Player from the list and tick the Always Allowed To Run box.
- After that, close the Chrome and reopen it again.
Check if the problem is fixed.
Solution 5: By Disabling The PPAPI Flash Plugin
When you use the 64-bit version of Google Chrome, then it supports only the 64-bit NPAPI plugins. If you are facing the error Adobe Flash Player Couldn’t Load Plugin Chrome while playing any video on Chrome; then you need to try this solution. This problem should be resolved by disabling the PPAPI Flash Plugin. To perform this, you have to follow the below steps:
- Open Google Chrome by following the steps mentioned earlier. Click on the address bar and type ‘chrome://plugins.’ Press the Enter key from the keyboard.
- As a result, will find the list of all plugins which are installed on Google Chrome. Hit on the Details.
- There are available two versions of the Adobe Flash Player. Find the version of the PPAPI Flash and hit on the Disable option.
- Now, press the Alt and F4 key from the keyboard to Exit from Google Chrome. After that, reopen Chrome.
Check if the issue should be fixed.
Solution 6: Stop The Shockwave Flash
Try to stop the Shockwave Flash to fix the plugin issue. Nowadays, Google Chrome has its Task Manager which works almost the same as the Task Manager of Windows 10. You can close any plugin with the help of the Task Manager of Chrome. To do so, follow the below steps:
- At first, launch the Chrome. Move the cursor to the upper right side of the Chrome window and click on the Menu button. Navigate to the More Tools. Hit on the Task Manager. You can also open the Task Manager of Chrome by pressing the Shift and Esc key from the keyboard.
- Find the ‘Plugin: Shockwave Flash’ from the Task Manager Window and click on it. Now, hit on the End Process option.
- When the Windows prompts the message ‘Shockwave Flash has crashed error message,’ then click on the Reload.
By hitting the Reload button, you are providing permission to restart the Shockwave Flash again. Now, check if the issue is resolved or not.
Solution 7: Check The Setting Of The Enhanced Mitigation Toolkit
Many users complained that the issue Adobe Flash Player Couldn’t Load Plugin Chrome happens due to the Enhanced Mitigation Toolkit. You need to fix the setting of the Enhanced Mitigation Toolkit. To perform that, stick to the below steps:
- Navigate to the directory of the Enhanced Mitigation Toolkit. Now, launch the EMT application.
- Hit on the Configure apps button.
- Find the Chrome.exe option from the App Name column. Untick the SEHOP box.
- Hit on the Ok and exit from the EMT app. Open Google Chrome again. Check whether the problem is fixed.
In the above article, we have discussed all the possible fixes which can resolve the Adobe Flash Player Couldn’t Load Plugin Chrome easily. All the methods are workable and too easy to perform. Hopefully, after successfully performing the above steps your issue must be fixed.