The Netgear C7800 router comes with a Gigabit WiFi, 0 USB ports and 4 Gigabit ETH-ports. This router has a 3200 Mbps total combined WiFi throughput.
Users also know it as the Netgear Nighthawk X4S AC3200 WiFi Cable Modem Router. Here, we will let you know about all the features and specifications of Netgear C7800.
Here are all the specifications of Netgear C7800, that can help you get a vivid insight into the router you are using. You can also use the information if you intend to buy a new router.
Specifications of the Device:
- CPU: 1.5 GHz
- RAM: 512 MiB
- Flash: 128 MiB
- Custom firmware: None
- WiFi: Gigabit (abgn+ac)
- ETH: 4 x Gigabit ports
- WiFi bands: 2.4GHz & 5GHz
- WiFi throughput: 3200 Mbps
- WAN: None
- USB-ports: 0
Reset Instruction for the Router
If the C7800 that you are using is triggering connection issues, not responding or not performing the way it should then you need a quick hack. You should reset the router to check if these fixes the problems.
If you have forgotten the password of your router or misconfigured it or you are not able to access the web interface, you can reset the C7800.
Follow the below instructions to reset the Netgear C7800.
Reset the Router Using Reset Button
- Turn the router on and wait for a few minutes to load it, if it just booted.
- After that, you have to press and hold the Restore Factory Settings button for almost 7 seconds using a pen or a paperclip.
- Release the Reset button after you see the power light starts to blink.
- When the router starts the power light will not blink, it will get solid.
How to Hard Reset the Router: 30.30.30
If the previous reset process did not work for you, you should try this hard reset procedure to get the router to its default settings. Here are the steps you need to perform:
- Press and hold the Reset button of your router for 30 seconds, when it is On. You can use a sharp headed object like a pen or a paperclip to do that.
- Disconnect the power cord of the router when you are holding down the Reset button. After disconnecting the cord, hold the Reset button for 30 more seconds.
- Turn the power on of the router while holding the Reset button (Keep holding it for 30 more seconds).
You can use this process to reset any router to its factory settings.
Default Factory Settings for the Router
If you already performed a reset of your router but that did not change the settings to its defaults, you will be able to access this router with this information:
Default subnet mask: 255.255.255.0
Note: You should block any unauthorized access to the network and increase the security by modifying the default settings.
If you want to keep your router more secure from the security flaws, you update the software and install the latest version of the firmware.
You have to use an open-source firmware like OpenWRT, LEDE or dd-wrt if you want to enjoy the remarkable features of the router. To increase the functionality and stability of your old router, get a custom ROM.
Netgear Stock Firmware for Your Netgear C7800
To get the stock firmware for the C7800, you have to go to the download section on the support page of the modem. To upgrade the firmware you can also follow the instructions from the manual of the router.