Microsoft has announced the latest upgrade in Windows 10 operating system and i.e., Windows 10 April 2018 Update. With this new update, a number of new features came into the market. Moreover, users can get this for free. This current edition provides us with many things. such as-Windows 10 converts itself as “Universal app”. In addition, Microsoft makes this “Metro-style apps”. So, now it enables to perform multiple tasks in various devices. The devices like-Smartphones, Tablet, Computer, Laptop, Xbox, Mixed Reality, and Surface Hub etc. All these devices are the member of Microsoft company only. Moreover, the users of Windows 10 are now can manage the transitions of a touchscreen interface and a mouse interface. Apart from this, the updated version of Windows 10 can transfer data from Windows 7, 8 and from all the previous versions too. Let’s discuss some other uses of Windows 10 April 2018 Update.
Uses of Windows 10 Update
- Now, IT users can transfer any kind of files to the previous Operating system with the help of Windows 10.
- Windows 10 updated features offer the Corporate departments to use MDM application to safeguard and protect the operating software. In addition, MDM refers to ‘Mobile Device Management’.
- Organisations are now able to use their old desktop management application too with the help of this new version of OS.
- It is more productive, faster, creative and contains the best browser.
- There are many features like adds on with MS Office package.
- More advanced Windows Ink Technology.
5 Advance Features Of Windows 10 April 2018 Update:
We have discussed the topmost features of Windows 10 April 2018 Update which introduces the new latest features. Let’s have a look at the more interesting features of latest updates in windows 10 April 2018.
1. Cortana: With a New Look
Cortana is the best Microsoft assistant one can ever get. In this new update, the notebook page of Cortana changes a lot. Now, it focuses more on the reminders. The notebook page contains two tabs, which make it more user-friendly. The Cortana is now more organized. All the lists and reminders are set in the front and center of the page only. The other tools of the Cortana-notebook locate in the Manage Skills Tabs. These tools help to attach apps, prepare calendar preferences, and make smart home devices.
Not only this, a pencil icon option also adds on next to the Organizer tab. It helps you to write your best places, or your home location or work location in that particular space. It helps you to aware about traffic update. though it is not a new feature, in the previous version it was hidden.
Additionally, Cortana in Windows 10 directly combines with the browser. It gives the permission to view certain websites without the interference of advertisement. Moreover, it also allows to read and mark websites. It co-operates with Bing too and allows both voice and text message. Now, Cortana can capture and interpret our each moves on the websites. For this reason, IT people disable Cortana for group activity.
2. Fix Hazy Apps
Windows 10 came with a new feature. Suppose, you increase the font size and resolution of the display. So, that it looks sharper and bright. But, sometimes this activity goes in a wrong way. The apps and icons may look hazy. The updated Windows 10 provides us with a solution for it. It provides a scaling option for this. To get rid of the blurriness you can follow these steps-
- First, Search for settings. Then click on ‘system’.
- Next, go to the ‘Display’ option.
- Finally, go to “Advanced scaling settings and toggle”.
3. Eliminate Passive Applications
This is another new feature of Windows 10 April 2018. With the help of this feature, you can eliminate certain frozen apps. In the previous update also, you can troubleshoot these issues. But, now you can terminate it. To do this you can follow these steps-
- First, go to the settings option.
- Then click on ‘Apps’ and after this hit on ‘Apps and Features’ button.
- A list will appear, from there select “Advanced options” and then press the ‘Terminate’ option.
4. Larger Game Bar
The Windows 10 gives you more additional features in the game bar. Now, it provides with a clock also. So that, you can check the time while doing some other work. It gives other buttons like-camera and microphone button of PC.
5. Updates won’t slow down your PC
The most annoying thing about Windows is after updating anything, PC or Devices get slow down. So in the latest Windows 10 April 2018 Update, allows users to prevent their PC and devices from slowing down in the future. To do this, follow the below steps and make sure your PC or Devices doesn’t slow down while updating.
- Firstly, Go to Device Settings.
- Then select the Update & Security.
- Click on Advanced Options.
- Then click on Delivery Optimization and choose Advanced Options.
From here, you can select how much bandwidth can allocate for downloading the updates for your device or PC. The best thing is the new User Interface which allows the user to control the bandwidth by using on screen slider.